Quiet Sunday morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quiet Sunday morning

Good Morning everyone. It's a nice fall- like morning. Not sure what's on the agenda for today yet. Dh woke up with a slight headache and I am a bit stiff from all the work in the Brooklyn house. We will be going to close hopefully (yet sadly) within the next couple of weeks. The boys are all packed up and as soon as their new place goes to close, they'll move and well set our date. This was the weekend we took care of the things that can't be done until you are very close to moving. There is an echo in the living room. Reminded me of when our parents first brought us to the house to show us where we would be living.

Just taking some time to catch up here a bit.

Monique, thinking of you and your family as mil makes the move out of her house. I pray for a smooth transition.

Yay! So glad to hear Olive is home.

Happy to see Marilyn back.

From reading the posts about the Birthday Bash, it looks like a real fun time.

Time to get myself organized for the day/week. Have a wonderful day all.
    Ginny B
    Levittown, NY

Re: Quiet Sunday morning

Good morning! Fall is also in the air here and I love it. I have the windows open and fans going to bring in the fresh morning air. Spent all day yesterday getting laundry done and scrubbing the house so I can quilt to my hearts content until next Saturday when I have to clean again. I found a small desk at a thrift store Friday and am kicking myself for not buying it so DH is taking my by there today to see if it's still there. DH can modify it so I can have a desk for my Featherweight that will be small enough to fit in front of the kitchen windows.
    We moved so much when I was growing up. I always wished we'd had a family home and relatives nearby.
    Happy Sunday to all!
    :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

Morning all...just a quick hello!

I'm trying to finish PHD number 5 of 8 in my quilt guild challenge. Monday is the last day, so...the other 3 projects submitted won't make the deadline! UGH!
      Then, I have a mad dash to try and get quilted...my quilt show entry! NExt weekend will be a blur!
      Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Morning all,
        A relatively quiet morning here, sun is shining so may be a good day to take a drive.

Yesterday was the Alzheimer's Association's Walk to End Alzheimer's. My daughter came home to do it with me and the members of my Pilot Club. We were a small team but managed to raise approximately $500.00, for the cause. It was held at the Suffolk County Farm where some of the animals were out for the walkers to see.

My club is having a craft fair November 5th and I I'm tempted to take a table, but there isn't much time to make alot of items for it. Will have to give this some thinking. Hoping to get a bit of shopping done there, we have more than 19 vendors signed up already.

Had the embroidery machine going for a bit this morning felt good to hear it running again. Trying to finish up a few potholder and towel sets for Christmas.
        Good to see all the pictures posted from the retreat, looks like a great time is being had by all. So nice to put faces with the names.
        Well off to hit the coffee pot, wishing all a good weekend!
        Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

It's already afternoon. Church this a.m. Worked on my Bible Study Fellowship lesson for a while after I got home, then took a 30 min. snooze in the recliner. It's a sunny day here, but chilly. It was only 50 deg. this a.m. It dropped into the 40's yest. a.m. The furnace kicked in & ran a few cycles. We're supposed to have 80's later in the week. However, I think we've seen the last of the 90's. The trees are turning; some already are dropping their leaves. There has been snow in the mts. >9,000 ft. It's getting to be that time of year.

I'm still having tooth problems. The extraction site (on the left) has healed up, so I can chew once again on that side. However, I had a crown on the right side earlier this year, which did not have a root canal. It's giving me problems now. My right jaw is painful. I'll have to give my dentist a call in the a.m. This is so frustrating.

I started the FMQ on a 45" sq. "Turning Twenty...Again" quilt yest. It's maybe 3/4 done. I'm doing Jamie Wallen's Basic Swirl pattern. Hope to finish it today. I think this one will be donated to charity.

Enjoy the rest of the week end.

Comment

Working...
          X