Floating Night Owl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floating Night Owl

Hoot hoot! The Cedar river to the north of us is flooding badly and homeowners and businesses in the flood plain are evacuating and putting up sandbags. Say a prayer for these folks who just went through a bad flood a few years back.

Iowa City isn't going to flood as it is on the Iowa River and the deluges that caused this flooding were localized in a few counties. Some spots got 12-14 inches of rain in 24 hours. Crazy. So we don't have the stress in this town that the do up in Cedar Rapids north of us.

I spent the day surfing online embroidery patterns on eBay and working on hardanger hem stitching on my Halloween sampler. I cannot accurately count vertical threads to say my life. I do it over and over, think it is accurate, make the cuts and somehow have missed one or two threads. Ack. But it was relatively fixable.

Has anybody done needle punch embroidery? It needs a special gadget like a pen that makes loops so you wind up with kind of a carpeted surface. It looks a lot faster than cross stitch.

How is your night going?

Re: Floating Night Owl

I did needle punch a few years ago. It is quicker than X stitch but you do get a very different result. I did a few projects but it didn't hold me for the long term, probably because quilted items seem more useful.
    Bev

Comment

Hoot I will say prayers for the people of Iowa.I can't imagine getting that much rain in such a short period of time.I did needle punch several years ago it was like coloring with thread and was def.much different than xstitch.I think xstitch is much preetier.
      :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Did you guys use embroidery floss for thread or special yarn?

I just thought these two ideas were cute: http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRIMITIVE-PU...cAAOSw-W5Ura2O

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Charlotte-Du...cAAOSw~OVWuFcT

Comment

My brother lives in Marion and is a little upset by it, since he also experienced the '08 flood. Can't say I blame him. But at least he is out of the "bowl" that gets hit so hard.

Comment

Working...
          X