French ries or Tator tots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French ries or Tator tots?

I know, strange topic. I was watching a cooking show where the chef used Tator Tots. It got me thinking that since I live alone and buy some frozen products, which one was healthier?

I found this fun site that compares foods.
    http://www.twofoods.com/compare/quer...F0b3IgdG90cw==

Have fun!
    🌺 Lorie

Re: French ries or Tator tots?

I'm not much of a Tater Tot fan, but really like Mc Donalds fries. Kathy
    All quilts cat tested and approved.
    sigpic

Comment

Interesting.......we eat both about equally, although I do bake them not fry them.

Comment

If anyone finds a really huge difference in two foods, please post them!
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

I like sweet potato tater tots also called sweet potato puffs. Yummy and nutritious.
          Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by DeniseSm View Post
            I like sweet potato tater tots also called sweet potato puffs. Yummy and nutritious.
            I'll have to look for those!
            🌺 Lorie

Comment

I seldom eat white potatoes. They have a high glycemic index & really raise one's blood sugar. (I have Type 2 Diabetes) I sometimes eat red garnet yams, but even they are sweet, so I have to limit the serving size. I haven't eaten tater tots in years. I've quit buying French fries at all.

Comment

Kale vs spinach

http://www.twofoods.com/compare/quer...=/c3BpbmFjaA==
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

I wasn't a fan of tater tots until I learned to dip them in ranch dressing....for me, they taste much better this way.
                  *~* Myrna *~*
                  *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

I don't buy either. About once every 4 - 6 weeks I "treat" myself to McDonald's fries. I know how bad they are, and I also know how good they taste!

Did you see, in your first link, the calorie count for generic tater tots? Do you think that is a typo? Made me laugh while comparing it to the calories for everything else.

It is a bit of work, but I enjoy a russet potato, sliced into wedges, tossed with olive oil and salt (you can definitely add other seasonings), and then roast in the oven. Yum, yum, yum. I haven't made these in a very, very long time, as I have been avoiding potatoes at home for over a year. That will change in the next month, as I am looking forward to making a pot roast, and I cook potatoes and carrots with that.

RE: Kale vs Spinach. Interesting! I just bought another package of baby spinach today. I LOVE spinach. I put it in everything possible, including smoothies. I add it to my soups, sauces, lasagna, scrambled eggs - you get the idea. I have had some serious bouts of anemia (once having been hospitalized), and I often think that my love of this vegetable is because of that.

I like kale too, and will get it frequently as a change from spinach.
                    Last edited by Sylvia H; September 23, 2016, 07:36 PM.
                    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

I'm not eating the tots, too much added junk. I'll eat a few fries now and then. And I LOVE me some spinach. Kale in soups or stews is ok, but not by itself.

Comment

So, if you are buying the frozen tater tots and the frozen French fries you are primarily buying potato starch. Buy a baking potato and cut it up and fry it or you can mash (actually rice) some potatoes and put an egg in it and fry it in little balls and make your own tater tots. Those would be okay and of course, girls...potatoes have more potassium than a banana....just and FYI
                        success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiam
                        Terry of NC

Comment

My wife would say tots, however I personally love fries. Steak or shoe string, I just take more joy in a whole potato over pressed bits of spud. Don't get me wrong, I eat both, but given the choice, fries win.

Comment

I would opt for a baked potato over either... but if these were the last 2 forms of potato on earth, I would choose fries.... I just had some delicious fries with a steak for dinner last night. Totally delicious. If we were in the US, I would have ordered a loaded baked potato though... yummy....

Comment

You guys are stuck on potatoes. You can look up other foods. lol
                              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                              X