Friday has finally arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday has finally arrived

Good morning everyone. It's dark out but it is chilly and rainy. I was lying in bed this morning trying to fall back asleep when I heard the "snap". Okay so I caught a mouse right? Do you think I could go back to sleep? Nope, have to look to make sure. There he is, a little one, at least he isn't moving. SO I put on my BIG girl pants and remove him to a bucket and then throw him outside. That is the start to my day.

I washed the last of the sleeping bags yesterday, they are now ready to be put away. I returned 'stuff' back to Bonnie and picked up my projects that I had entered in the fair. Winnings are about $42, paid $30 for the pass, so at least I made my money back.

One of my neighbours gave me cucumbers the other day, so I chopped them up and starting to make relish. Today I will finish them up. I picked some apples the other day from our tree. It was so ladened with apples that several branches have broken off. I am hoping that we can save what is left of the tree. My wild plums were also in abundance, that some of branches were touching the ground. I was able to harvest some before I left so they are in the freezer waiting to be made into jelly. I am hoping to get out to Ottawa to the market and get a bushel of tomatoes to make salsa.

I really haven't had the time to get into the sewing room yet, but I am itching to sew. I need to decide what to start with.

So on that note, I wish you all a great weekend and safe travels for all those headed to Missouri. Have a blast for those of us who can't be there.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Friday has finally arrived

Hi Monique and Everyone to Come,

I woke up too early again and couldn't fall back to sleep. I just have a minute to write a note, get the coffee going for Jeff and start my day.

Monique you've been so busy and it sounds like you have a lot of kitchen time ahead of you. I love to can and preserve food. I don't do much anymore because we are basically a family of two. There was a day when I really gave the canner a workout.

Olive is still in the hospital. The way the vet talked yesterday she may stay over another weekend. Dottie has calmed down a bit and eats again. I know she has worn me out

Wishing everyone a wonderful Friday and weekend. Tomorrow we have to work in Cuba, but that may flex for me if Olive should happen to come home.

Hug.....
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good Morning!!! I am headed back to Hamilton again today for the second day of the Birthday Bash. It was a lot of fun yesterday. Dd and I had a fun mother/daughter time. Today I am taking one of the boys with me. Today is the Homecoming Parade in the afternoon. Then ds and I are going to go to Rob's Trunk Show.

Have a great Friday everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Quilting View Post
        Good Morning!!! I am headed back to Hamilton again today for the second day of the Birthday Bash. It was a lot of fun yesterday. Dd and I had a fun mother/daughter time. Today I am taking one of the boys with me. Today is the Homecoming Parade in the afternoon. Then ds and I are going to go to Rob's Trunk Show.

Have a great Friday everyone
        Have a wonderful time.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

It's been an interesting couple of days. I wandered over to the not so local RunningRoom store. I am looking for non-spandex shorts to wear to physio. You see, I have to change into shorts and then sit in a large waiting room before going in. There are often tons of people there and spandex was making me a little uncomfortable, great for running, but not physio.

While I was at the store, I spoke with the store manager. I knew they are hiring for an assistant manager role and found out there is also a part time role. Based on our conversation, she said she would hire me for the part time job, but if I wanted the asst. management job, I would have another interview with the area manager/rep. I have said for a long time that I want to sell running shoes for a living, but I'm not sure how my injured knee would hold up standing for hours on a floor that is put over concrete. Gonna talk to my physio first.

My fabric arrived for the tardis quilts that I have to have ready for xmas. For those in Canada, my fabric spot in Markham, Ontario is awesome. I bought Kona solids for $11/yard and they shipped very quickly for $6.99. Very pleased.

Oh yes, my Janome is going to the shop tomorrow. She had an accident when she was in my Tutto rolling case where she rolled over on the stairs. The machine case is not together as a result. Hopefully she can just be put back together. We'll see. Always helpful to have more than one machine to sew on, just in case.

Have a great weekend peeps.

Comment

Technically it's Saturday 'over the pond' but as I'm still up it's still Friday to me.
            I usually work Fridays but had to work on my usual day off so I get Friday and Monday this weekend - feels like a mini break!
            Was up with the larks today and straight on with the washing. Went to our local fit shop and get brackets for a bird table DH is making and some winter flowering plants. The rest of the day was spent cooking for the freezer! Finally sat down at 6.30 feeling shattered but pleased!!!
            Tomorrow I am going shopping with DD for new clothes for her new job which starts Monday so another tiring day but hey it's good fun!!
            Hope everyone had a good day x

Comment

I know it is late but just wanted to wish all the folks going to the M* Retreat a great funfilled weekend.
              Peggiep
              "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Working...
              X