Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moving and forum withdrawals

Hey all.

I just moved back home (Michigan-land) for a variety of reasons and am, litterally, camping out in my parents back yard until i can find a nice place that will accommodate my art/craft/ sewing studio. LOL.

I have been diggin' into my mom's stash (muwahahaha) to keep the quilt bug at bay. I have even talked her into her first quilting project which sits 3/4 finished (i am hoping for no UFO on her first one. cross finger for her everyone.)

But the one thing that i have been missing is decent Net service and connection to the forum. in the short time i have been on i have become 'co-dependent' on you all to enlighten me as i sip my coffee and settle in for the new day. And not having that connection for these few weeks has made me.... winsome ( ok cranky, but i liked Winsome better.)

Now, after a week of arguing with my parents net provider that the modem as OLD, the connections to the house box were 'rusty' and loose, etc. they FINALLY came out and fixed all the junky service so now their service matches the stupid amount they are paying for it at least.

I am all a twitter thinking about tomorrow's morning cuppa and Forum catch up... it's like a mini vacation.

Thank you all for just being awesome and making mornings worth staying awake for.
    A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. Albert Einstein

Re: moving and forum withdrawals

Welcome neighbor, I am right next to you in Wisconsin! I can just picture you actually huddling in your tent in the back yard. Do you have a generator hooked up for your sewing machine and iron or aren't you actually roughing it quite that bad. Hopefully the new internet connection will let you connect with the outside world as you find your new normal. Good luck with your transition and hope to see more of you here on the Forum!

Comment

Wow. What I would give for a rusty internet connection. All I have is a wi fi connection via a cell tower relay. Its pretty painful, but still better than the zilch I had a year ago. So I'm not complaining, just waxing poetic.
      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
      Terry

Comment

I know how you feel, I was on vacation for 18 days with internet not always available.
        Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

LOL! What a fun read! Glad to have you back! You should post more! Hope your mom's quilt gets done! While you're waiting for your own space you can nag her in hers! Congrats on the good internet connection now!

Comment

Working...
          X