Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

for those who live in the area of M*......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: for those who live in the area of M*......

Chiggers are hideous creatures that cause intense itching. They burrow under the skin usually where you have tight clothing - elastic underwear bands, waist bands, tight sock tops, etc. They are worse in spring and early summer and I don't think you'd find too many (if any) lightening bugs now. They are usually out from mid-May through July. At least that's how it is here which a little north and east of Hamilton. You might be better to catch up on your sleep😀!
    Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

We have fireflies or lightning bugs in NJ. You don't have them in Washington? I just assumed everyone saw them in the summer.
      I am Sew Blessed!
      Alina

Comment

You can hunt for lightning bugs but they are gone for this year. June/July is their time. There will be plenty of other things to find.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good news, bad news.......hubby says chiggers don't go much past 36 highway......where Hamilton is located. Bad news.....you are too late for lightening bugs this year.

Comment

I live in the country and I have no chiggers. LOL We do pull a frog out of the pool almost every day.

Comment

Sorry to say our local news reported on oak tree mites tonight. They said they itch worse than chiggers or mosquitoes. Don't scratch is all they advised! Great!

Comment

Hi Bubba,
                This week we've had a real hot spell, heat index near 100. However the weather folks are predicting rain and a cool front to move in Sunday. Highs 70/72 with lows 55/59.. rain Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday. If you google Channel 41 news you'll be able to see their weather predictions as the week goes on. They are based out of Kansas City, Missouri but it's close enough to give you a reasonable forecast for Hamilton.
                Sherrie
                Life ain’t always beautiful
                But it’s a beautiful ride - Gary Allen

Comment

to all those worrying about the bugs, don't! Unless you do something really stupid like take a hike out through the cow pasture you shouldn't have any problems.
                  sigpic

Comment

The cow pasture is where all of the best stuff happens! Bonfires, beer, hotdogs, s'mores, cow tipping, and snipe hunts.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel
                    because those who mind don't matter,
                    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

and fishing and bug hunting and flower collecting. But if you don't like bugs (or cows), it's probably best to stay out of the pasture.
                      sigpic

Comment

Sandy, maybe you could take her snipe hunting too.
                        Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                        And I volunteer to take you searching for lightening bugs (aka fireflies). Bring chigger spray!
                        *~* Myrna *~*
                        *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Working...
                        X