Random Fur Baby Thoughts......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Fur Baby Thoughts......

Pandabear and I must be on the same wave length! I was about to post a Random topic and saw that Pandabear had posted a story about her fur baby.......that's what the subject was going to be today!

Don't forget to read her post. It's a cute story.

A lot of us have fur babies......dogs, cats, goats, horses...... They make our lives happier and they always make us laugh. Please share a story or two of something your pet does or has done in the past that made you laugh, smile, cringe, or shake your head in amazement.

And thanks to all who have been participating in the Random Deep Thoughts post everyday. It's been fun reading everyones stories.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Re: Random Fur Baby Thoughts......

We have two ragdoll/maine coon mix cats. We don't let them in our bedrooms, but they listen to hear if the door latches and if they don't hear the click, they know they can push on the door until it opens.
    Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

We have 2 Cocker Spaniels that are half brothers (different mothers-same father). Bailey is the bigger of the 2 weighing in at about 40 lbs. When he was smaller & younger he started upstairs. Got stuck between 1st & 2nd step. You guessed it...he couldn't make it & cried. After he got bigger & older whenever "Daddy" came home & went to sit in his recliner Bailey would come flying from wherever he was & jump in Daddy's lap just as he leaned back. One day the lean back & Bailey's jump caused chair,Daddy & Bailey to flip backwards onto the floor. You just had to be there to see Daddy's reaction....priceless!! Now, Bailey still does the meet & greet with Daddy but now he does the cutest thing..he puts front paws on top of daddy's shoulders (hug) & slathers him with kisses ( read that as lick whereever he can reach) & then lays his head on his shoulder. Everyboby say, Awwwwwww.

Gina

Comment

Our dog Zoe that we used to have could sneeze on command. It was hysterical.....you could say "Zoe, can you sneeze?" and then I would make a sneezing sound & then watch her face. I could tell when the sneeze was coming because her nose would wrinkle a little.......and then she would sneeze! So cute........I miss that goof ball.

Our dog Scout is a perfect example of our fur babies putting us in a routine. A while back I let Scout outside before bedtime like we usual do. This particular night I decided to give her a treat when she came back inside. The next night she waited in the kitchen for her treat......looking at me and then the cabinet where the treats were! Now it's a nightly thing! One night I was distracted.....I let her inside, locked the door and went to the bedroom. A few minutes later I was wondering where she was. I found her laying in the kitchen facing that cabinet waiting for me to give her a treat.

Gina.....Bailey sounds adorable!

Here's another fun thread from a few years ago......hope you enjoy!

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...t=kleptomaniac
        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

My son has a Springer Spaniel who is absolutely crazy. Son got him from a shelter. Dog hates other dogs, cats,etc, and don't ring son's doorbell. So far the dog has jumped out the partial open passenger window of son's truck after the dog in the next car. Thankfully, it was at a red light. Son had one of those retractable leashes on the dog, the handle part of it stuck and wouldn't go out the window. Leaving the dog hanging, down the side of the truck. Tied up traffic for a bit while son was rescuing the dog. He has torn the carpet up at the slider, trying to get at the dog in the glass. , Dog jumps straight up&down like his legs were pogo sticks He did this for the vets amazement. Stashed son's duty belt under the bed, while son was getting ready for work. When the dog comes to my house, he makes one pass through looking for my cat. ,When he doesn't find her he sits at the door until my son is ready to leave. He loves my son, so I guess that's good. Kathy
          All quilts cat tested and approved.
          sigpic

Comment

My Chow "pays" for her dinner every night, by bringing me a small rock. She will hold it til I fill her bowl, then drops t by the food bin and heads for her eating place. Never taught her this, but she's done it for several years. And she does understand what she's doing, because sometimes she brings one in the morning, wanting a bit of breakfast, which is not usual routine.

Comment

Second story. My friend has both dogs and horses. Every time friend goes for a ride , her German Shepherd runt jumps on the horses back behind her. She stands on the horses rump, puts her front paws on friends shoulders,and looks out over friends head as they ride off. When she gets tired,she sits with her paws against friends back. People going by on the hard road have stopped to watch this spectacle. Kathy
              sigpic

Comment

I'm enjoying everyone's fur baby stories. One of our dogs used to stand behind the couch (it wasn't against the wall, more centered in the room if you know what I mean) and bounce up and down sometimes with her favorite big toy in her mouth. She smiled and had the happiest, silliest look on her face when she did this. She looked like she was dancing so whenever we told her to dance she'd go to her spot and "dance." It was so cute. When we told her to sing she would start howling. She was our dancing and singing girl.

Comment

My aunt & uncle had a Collie when I was a kid. She was ever so gentle and sweet. She loved children and was protective of them. One day a bunch of the kids went down to the pond and they were heading out onto the ice. The ice was notfrozen all the way through. It wasn't safe. She started barking to stop the kids. But they wouldn't stop. She tried blocking them. They kept going. She tugged on their coats to stop them. Still they kept heading towards the unsafe ice. So she ran ahead of the kids and got on the ice. She fell through and that is how she got her point across. She was not hurt and got home safely.

Comment

I enjoyed all the Fur Baby posts so far but this one I love, this Collie sounds like Lassie.
                    Originally posted by Cool Breeze Quilter View Post
                    My aunt & uncle had a Collie when I was a kid. She was ever so gentle and sweet. She loved children and was protective of them. One day a bunch of the kids went down to the pond and they were heading out onto the ice. The ice was notfrozen all the way through. It wasn't safe. She started barking to stop the kids. But they wouldn't stop. She tried blocking them. They kept going. She tugged on their coats to stop them. Still they kept heading towards the unsafe ice. So she ran ahead of the kids and got on the ice. She fell through and that is how she got her point across. She was not hurt and got home safely.
                    Last edited by MayinJerset; September 12, 2016, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mischiefkat View Post
                      Second story. My friend has both dogs and horses. Every time friend goes for a ride , her German Shepherd runt jumps on the horses back behind her. She stands on the horses rump, puts her front paws on friends shoulders,and looks out over friends head as they ride off. When she gets tired,she sits with her paws against friends back. People going by on the hard road have stopped to watch this spectacle. Kathy
                      When I was young, I had a part Shepherd, part Rat Terrier that would do the same thing. But he usually waited til he got tired running alongside.

Comment

Last year about this time we found a very young kitten in our chicken pen. We joke that she thinks she is a chicken. She follows the chickens everywhere, eats the table scraps with them and roosts on the end of the 2x4 we use for a roosting pole (she sits at the same end every night). It's so cute to go out at night with a flashlight and count "all" the chickens.
                        :icon_happy:

sigpic

Comment

When I was very young, we had a black lab "Max" that use to follow us kids when we would go fishing at the lake down the road. When Max would get bored watching us fish, he would go swimming and catch a duck. He would carry the duck home completely unharmed, but pissed as all get out, where Mom would make him drop it, then she would feed Max, and feed the duck. Eventually this happened so often, that the ducks started gathering around Max at the lake, waiting! And when it was time to go home, there would be Max leading a parade of ducks.

Comment

I guess you can train ducks, too!

Comment

Ducks are a riot. They are so funny in their interactions with each other and have such personality. If there is a feather friends thread, I"ll tell a duck story. Kathy
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X