• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SewnByBee
    replied
    Re: Deep Thought #2

Alone time = me time
    = Hand Piecing, Quilting, Sewing.....planning... learning =
    sanity = therapy. ....Sew On and sew on....
    Last edited by SewnByBee; September 7, 2016, 07:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sewbizzy
    replied

What an interesting thread....
    I was an only child, so always thought that was why I needed alone time...
    It seems there are a lot of us quilters with the same thoughts....I love my dh and my 4 children and 10 grandchildren very much....that being said, I do need alone time...sewing, reading,and watching tv are at the top of my to-do list...I don't have any need to socialize regularly (we did that for many years)...I have many friends that I talk to regularly...also, I do not like to shop much, except on line..
    I have reached a point in my life that I don't need to please everyone and I am happier for it!

Leave a comment:

• shirleyknot
    replied

maybe you should get to know yourself and spend some time with you. You might learn to like it
    Precisely. After being married and divorced 3 times I learned that I don't NEED anyone around to validate my existence. I don't NEED anyone to entertain me. And quite frankly, I realized I PREFER to be alone with myself.

Leave a comment:

• SewnByBee
    replied

I love animals too, especially horses.... Ive been thinking about getting one to help me to build up phisicily..... but I'm still suffering the loss of our almost 17 yr. Old daschound. (Doxin ) ( winner hound) ......

Sherly , I understand you delima......
    And I feel your pain....
    Big Huggs.....

Fur babies fill us with love. ♡

Leave a comment:

• grammaterry
    replied

When I first met my mother in law she asked about who I was. I told her I didn't like being alone. She said, " Oh, I'm so sorry, you seem like such a nice person, maybe you should get to know yourself and spend some time with you. You might learn to like it" I took this to heart. I developed hobbies beyond my children and my husband....that's why I sew...that's why I read...that's why I don't watch tv...that's why I tried (stress on tried) to learn the fiddle...that's why I have cats and bird and garden and flowers and cooking...I got to know myself...and I really LIKE me now. I enjoy talking to my own children, my quilt forum,texting...but I am not so dependent upon dinner parties and going out and being part of an interactive group. So, maybe we all just have gotten to know ourselves and we LIKE us.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

I moved here and made plenty of friends, but they kept moving back to the mainland. While that was happening my family passed away one by one. Then my separation from my husband. I hope my daughters realize what a jerk he is before I lose them too.

But you know what, that's not what is going to kill me early. It will be going swimming in shark infested waters. And I'm not doing that anytime soon.

Leave a comment:

• shirleyknot
    replied

Originally posted by GuitarGramma View Post
    Shirley, I didn't know you have a horse! You need to tell us more about him/her!
    Up until 3 years ago, when I got too sick, I had 24 of them. I bred and trained Arabian cutting horses since the early 70's. No big-time stuff, but did well enough to support the habit. Now I have my Main Man, a cutting and reining-trained 16 year old stallion, and still one mare. Sadly, I'm getting puny enough they will have to go too. They have to be cared for, and I won't be able to for a lot longer. I don't talk about them much, mostly because it hurts too much to have them go.

Leave a comment:

• just4me
    replied

Google HSP , Elaine Aaron. Very interesting stuff. It helped me stop wondering and to start celebrating.

Leave a comment:

• bakermom
    replied

I tend to be a bit of a loner. We have friends that we enjoy spending time with but I am quite content with my own company, too. I think what matters is most is if you are content with your life/lifestyle.

Leave a comment:

• SewnByBee
    replied

😯 DI'd you say FABRIC ....yeS and thread and scissors, needles, matt's, cutter's......ect.....machines. ....on going list....
    & more fabric.....too.

I am disabled....<br>
    (visually impaired ) ....the only reason I am by myself.....but ....truthfully,
    I like my sew time, better than, I like , getting ready to go out....lol.
    I prefer not to be alone , <br>
    but do not like to waste time. There are no local Bee's here,
    Sew, I sew on my own, unless My sweet daughter comes over then we sew up a storm , together. Now with baby Reese, on board, a little less sewing, but that's ok, sure love spending time with the baby.

I would love to do some classes.... I THINK.....
    I usually like most people, as long as they don't try , <br>
    to do the,....cut - down,
    "ugly stuff" like, I'm better than , or smarter than, YOU R THING...or just any ugly stuff,........cause...I don't like drama, I like peace and harmony, .....

Noticed this more &amp; more & more , SINCE, I turned over 40 + now .....
    I don't play well with others, if they're mean ......l♡l.

I will take a class if , <br>
    I find one near me, I would love the ability to learn from others, first hand. I am a visual learner, so I love the tutorials too, But sometimes you want to ask a question or see more......you know.
    And share , the enjoyment, like we do here, if there is such a place.......
    Like M*☺
    ¿¿¿¿.....!!!!!!
    I get inspiration from books mags, YouTube, and moly here, on our Forum. Where the experience of these talented people really helps to pull projects together.
    I thank you all ....so much.....for sharing. .....and helping .....
    like you do....luv 😆
    Last edited by SewnByBee; September 7, 2016, 06:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MRoy
    replied

I'm an extrovert who sometimes just gets tired of people. I guess I prefer them "in small doses". I enjoy being alone and quiet too...it helps recharge my batteries. Maybe I'm an introverted extrovert. LOL!

Leave a comment:

• Cokie
    replied

I love being at home, taking care of my house and family, and doing the "homey" things I enjoy - baking, sewing, crafty things, reading. I think articles like that don't take into consideration that not all of us have loving, supportive families. Some of us come from difficult extended family situations that cause more stress and heartache than they provide support and strength. I live across the country from my family and I think that's probably a good thing. We get along for short periods of time when I visit, but if we were together more, I think it would be harder. My husband's family is just toxic and we have minimal contact with them, and it's for the best. As far as friends, I've had some wonderful close friends through the years, but they come and go with the seasons - like how your friends change when you're in college, then when your kids are young, etc. - you find people you have things in common with, but when those things are no longer there, you go your separate ways, however unintentional. At my last job, most of my friends were there too. But when I was downsized, we didn't stay in touch, and that made me sad. I needed my friends, and I think the situation made them uncomfortable. So, I am learning to appreciate the people in my life for what we can share with each other, but I'm learning that being alone isn't the worst thing that can happen. I can enjoy my life without having to depend on other people to make me happy. At the end of the day, my happiness is mostly up to me.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarGramma
    replied

Shirley, I didn't know you have a horse! You need to tell us more about him/her!

Leave a comment:

• shirleyknot
    replied

Originally posted by GuitarGramma View Post
    @WendyI: Please don't take what I'm about to say as a contradiction to what you've just stated. Your last sentence pretty much says what I'm going to say. And I hope you know that my heart still breaks for what you've just gone through.

@just4m3: Me too!

In fact, I've often wondered whether or not a majority of people on this forum might be introverts. We tend to be happy sewing in a corner by ourselves. One definition of "introverts" is that we are the folks who recharge by being alone; "extroverts" recharge by being with other people.

@Carolnnc: To get back to your original question: perhaps extroverts live longer and are happier when they have friends, family ties and are involved in the community and/or religious activity; perhaps introverts don't need that. I find that magazines treat every subject with Pledge: they only brush the surface.

Let's face it: all that most of us need is fabric!
    And my dog and my horse.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarGramma
    replied

@WendyI: Please don't take what I'm about to say as a contradiction to what you've just stated. Your last sentence pretty much says what I'm going to say. And I hope you know that my heart still breaks for what you've just gone through.

Originally posted by just4me View Post
    I am an introvert HSP
    @just4m3: Me too!

In fact, I've often wondered whether or not a majority of people on this forum might be introverts. We tend to be happy sewing in a corner by ourselves. One definition of "introverts" is that we are the folks who recharge by being alone; "extroverts" recharge by being with other people.

@Carolnnc: To get back to your original question: perhaps extroverts live longer and are happier when they have friends, family ties and are involved in the community and/or religious activity; perhaps introverts don't need that. I find that magazines treat every subject with Pledge: they only brush the surface.

Let's face it: all that most of us need is fabric!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X