Random "Deep" Thoughts....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random "Deep" Thoughts....

Over the past few weeks, several forum friends have mentioned that things seem to have slowed down on the forum. May & I were talking and hoping to get fun conversations going again. A couple of years ago cyndiofthevortex started a night owl thread for all of us who couldn't sleep through the night......and it's still going. She started posting questions or topics to talk about. Someone would always post a topic to get us started. It was fun and helped fill long stretches of late hours when we were wide awake.

So we were thinking it would be fun to bring back some of those questions to be answered by anyone wanting to participate. But it doesn't have to be older questions from the past & it doesn't have to be about quilting. If you have an interesting topic or question please fill free to post it. This thread can be started by anyone. You don't have to be a night owl or an early bird......just join in whenever you like. We just want to have some fun conversations and interactions between forum members. Please keep it fun and friendly. These type of post can be fun for everyone and can be a helpful distraction for those who are going through trying times right now.

We can start with the following questions posted by Cyndi a few years ago. She was discussing creative ideas for quilting projects.

Where do you find your creative ideas? Quilt shows? Books? Your garden? Your kid's drawings? Cards and Calendars? Inspiration is everywhere!

Please share your stories with us.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Re: Random "Deep" Thoughts....

Don't have time for this right now but thanks for posting! I've tried posting a few threads to get things going around here too! This is a fantastic idea!! xox

Comment

Good idea, I always enjoyed those posts.

I get alot of my ideas from my local quilt shop. They always seem to find such great projects, that's why I have so many UFO's cause I always get sidetracked with the new new before finishing the previous one!

I also love Jenny's tutorials and have a "to do" list of those I want to try and then there's all the creativity posted right here on the board.

So many projects and just not enough time!
      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Hi Wendy, just come back and post when you have time and be thinking of other questions or topics. I need to get on the exercise bike and will post my answer in a little while.
        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?

Comment

That's a great idea. I was very active when the night owls started, but it became just like the morning thread. In my time zone they are the same thing. lol I was on a forum where they had a question of the day or night now. It was really fun.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Most of my quilts come from either Jenny's tutorials or other patterns I found on Craftsy.

But my most creative and unique quilt was inspired by my mother. Mom was an avid quilter and also into family geneology.

Before she passed away, she had planned one particulal table runner using the orange peal applique, already having purchased the fabric and started cutting out the orange peals, but she told me that she had changed her mind and she wanted to make it into a family tree. Knowing Mom was near the end and would never get this one started, much less finished, we discussed what she wanted done. She wanted the fabrics she had chosen used, and each leaf (orange peel) to represent a member of her family.

Two months later Mom passed away, and to honor her, this is what I created, each leaf has a family member's name embroidered on it (I had to purchase a machine just for this), and there is even a dog applique at the base of the tree in memory of her favorite dog.

Family Tree.jpg

Comment

If you start this does it always have to be about quilting?
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

saw this the other day-still pondering
                When butterflies fall in love, do they get humans in their tummies?
                What do you think?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LauraP View Post
                  What do you think?
                  That's really deep. lol I sure hope not. When I was a teen, a boyfriend and I went up the coast and there was the Monarch butterfly migration. It was in a forest right on a beach. They covered every inch of the trees.Talk about magical.
                  🌺 Lorie

Comment

Most of mine come from books printed pre-1980, because those are the types of patterns I enjoy most. Just not attracted to many of the newer ones.

Comment

Originally posted by LauraP View Post
                      What do you think?
                      I think they get caterpillars.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                        If you start this does it always have to be about quilting?
                        No Lorie.... It doesn't have to be about quilting, Just think of it as question/ topic of the day or night. If you have ideas from the forum you mentioned feel free to use them here. The better variety of subjects.... The more interesting it will be.

Comment

I probably get most of my quilting project inspiration from Pinterest and quilting magazines. Going to quilt shows also adds to my "I want to make that" list!
                          I am Sew Blessed!
                          Alina

Comment

I get my inspiration from lots of places. The amaryllis quilt was inspired by the flowers my grandma always had in her yard. The tree wall hanging was inspired by a photo my dad to years ago. My current project for my niece has several sources of inspiration....a quilt I saw on a blog, her favorite bible verse and a photo of her.

I get lots of ideas by spending way too much time online reading blogs and looking at pinterest.

Sometimes I might not like the quilt pattern but the color combos will give me ideas!

So for me....I get ideas from gardens, pinterest, blogs, quilt magazines, photos.........

Comment

I get ideas from all of you, from Jenny, online and books.

Jeannette

Comment

Working...
                              X