Subway morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subway morning

Good morning everyone. It's a beautiful morning here. It's cool but the sun is shining. It would be a great morning to head down to the beach but they are closed in anticipation of Hermine spinning by. The boardwalk would be open but I think we'll stay home today. I've got a few projects to keep me busy here.

Grandma Nan posted that our Monique is having a great trip. Grandma Nan is heading out "glamping" herself so hope she has a great trip too. What's everybody else up to today? Hope some of it involves fabric .

Have a good day everyone.

Edited:. Just saw the title of this thread. No, it is not a Subway morning. I am definitely not heading into the City. Happy Sunday Morning!
    Last edited by Ginny B; September 4, 2016, 06:40 AM.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Re: Subway morning

I thought you were planning a salami sandwich for breakfast!!

Hugs!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Good Sunday Morning all.....
      I woke up very early today..... AFTER....I , slept alot yesterday, after keeping the baby while they went to big show in Atlanta. That was the first time his mom had left him for hours, and I enjoyed every minute with my sweet Reese. So I guess I got in, my relaxing , for the weekend.....lol.

We finally obtained a storage building, to set up in our yard, so hopefully, I can begin the sifting process, from our house and my mom's place.
      Seems like all I've been doing is shifting it, around our house, where I had no place for anymore. uuuugggg.

Hope to get a couple of kitty cats to keep my gitl Daisy company, and help her hunt the fields, too. She is a little cat, to have this all to do NY herself. I hope the tuxedo kitty, I found is still available, he's perty. I also found two orange and white with blue eyes, they come together if I can get them. Miss Daisy May will have , some friends. Again.

Have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend.
      Blessings....

....Bee
      The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
      ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

Good morning, After hourly Alerts yesterday we expected to wake up with the Hurricane whipping through our area but woke up to sunshine and cool breezes - believe me I'm not complaining. Need to check latest Alerts to see if Hurricane missed us or this is just the calm before the storm.

Finally finished baby quilt for great grandson #6, will post a photo later. It's not a really big quilt, more like a swaddling one, so I thought it would take only a few minutes to machine sew the binding on but it took hours. After loose stitches on the Pfaff I changed to my old machine that took forever to thread but I'm happy the quilt got finished and will be on the way to baby before he outgrows it. He's almost 3 months old now but I had been waiting for his parents to name him so I to make the label and bind the quilt. No name yet so label says Made with Love for Baby Boy (their last name), his Bday, etc. Now onto to make some pillowcases, hope Pfaff sews OK as I think it just didn't like the fabric I used for the binding of the little quilt.

Also laughed about Subway, that's something I would do. Haven't been on the subway in years.
        Last edited by MayinJerset; September 4, 2016, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Morning all,
          Looks to be a sunny morning here although we're keeping a close eye on where the storm may be passing.
          Had a very relaxing day for the most part yesterday as we're attended a pool party and barbeque. Good company and food!
          We were waiting for a new stove to be delivered yesterday and got a call saying it was damaged in transit, so no stove. Of course we already removed our old one and gave it to our son for his rental property next door. A new one is supposed to be delivered today but they never called last night to give us a delivery time so who knows if it will be here or not. Maybe the tenants next door who have my old stove will cook dinner for us! LOL!
          Got the backing for my granddaughter's quilt done. Heading upstate next week to pick one up and drop off 2 more quilts to be quilted. Christmas quilts finished, yea! (Will just have to put bindings on) Hope to keep the momentum up with the rest of the Christmas gifting.
          Hoping everyone can etch out a bit of time to enjoy this holiday weekend,hard to believe we're in September already, this year seems to be flying by!
          If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Morning Everyone,

Jeff and I are worn out today after a very long day in Cuba, We should have our trashed apartment ready to go in 5-6 more weeks.
            Next week we will have plumbing again. Been hauling in 5-gallon buckets of water to flush the toilet and for cleaning water.

It's really cool here this morning....56 last time I was outdoors. I plan to have a slow day.

I found some of the Method bathroom cleaner we've been talking about lately. It does a fine job in our home and the smell doesn't bother me, but it doesn't begin to touch the level of crud at the apartments. I found it at Lowe's.

Wishing everyone a great Sunday.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Good morning everyone! Happy Sunday!

We had a large family gathering yesterday so today me and my broken ankle are going to take it easy. I do plan to get into my sewing room and get started on some projects. Today is going to be sunny and warm here in SE Kansas but windy.

Hope you all have a great holiday weekend and enjoy. Thinking about those of you out on the east coast and praying for your safety.

Love and lots of hugs!----Carolyn
              sigpicCarolyn

Comment

Good morning all! I've not been doing a great job of posting but trying to get better. Seems I don't have time for everything I want to do lately. For some reason my family thinks I should hang out with them instead of sew!

I've got several projects in the works I'm trying to finish up this weekend.I need to put the binding on a quilt for my grandson, finish a car seat cover, make a changing pad and a few burp cloths for a friend's baby coming in November. I have one rag quilt started I hope to work on this weekend as well.

Hope the remainder of the holiday weekend is a good one!
                Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yes, May, been getting alerts here too. I think you will get more from the storm than we will. But I'm keeping a watch for any changes.

Talk about alerts, Last night we were watching the Yankee game when an alert came across the too of the screen saying there was evacuation order for all of Suffolk County! By 7 something this morning! Really? The whole county? What the heck changed? I am in Nassau county, the other county in L.I. I went to the local tv stations and didn't see anything being reported there. It ran a couple times and then they finally made a correction and ran the correct alert. It was a voluntary evacuation of Fire Island by this afternoon. Wow, that made more sense for sure. The alert came from a Federal agency and I can imagine the County Executive ofSuffolk and his emergency preparedness team wondering what the heck they were talking about.
                  Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

I also thought of Subway sandwiches when I read the title to this thread, but skimmed the message so had to go back later to reread and see that I missed the correction to Sunday. Today is cleaning day. I also picked up some of the Method cleaner. Since I have lots of marble and granite, needed that version and wasn't sure how it would work. I must say, I love it. So cleaning bathrooms today and must get through at least half of one closet. Then onto binding for DS's quilt.

Hope everyone remains safe. It looks like the east coast is still getting battered.

Comment

Good morning!
                      My dd is visiting! She arrived last night and isn't going home until tomorrow. DH is on a bike ride. DD and I are going shopping in a little while. No idea what else we will do while she is here. OOps, she is ready - gotta go!

Jeannette

Comment

Good Sunday Afternoon ~ Church this a.m. I played the organ just for Communion. Stopped at Target to look for that Method cleaner. (It was listed on the web site.) They had other Method products, but not the tub & tile cleaner. Barb, thanks for the tip on Lowe's; maybe I can find it there. That's the only place in town I found the Shinekeeper floor wax. Also stopped for a few groc. I was home by 11:30. I didn't feel like cooking, so I bought some chicken salad at the deli.

Yest. was my DGS's wedding in MD. It turned out to be a beautiful day -- no rain from Hermine. I'm waiting for pics.

I finished all the blocks for the Cutting Corners quilt yest.; it's ready to start sewing together. It will be approx. 36" x 48". I hope to get some sewing done this afternoon.

Comment

I've had a lovely day!! Went to church this morning and met a new family to the area!! I am the worship leader for our church music group so we had music practice this afternoon, lovely, it is so uplifting singing to The Lord even in an empty church!!
                          DH made my evening meal of leftover roast pork, mashed potatoes and veggies, yum!! Went through some future plans with a couple of church elders and have spent the rest of the evening on my tablet!!
                          Tomorrow I hope to get the zips I should have got yesterday so I can get on with the cosmetics bags.
                          Hope you are all staying safe xx

Comment

It's late, I know, but I've been in the sewing room since about 8 this morning. My friend and I are making progress on our large costuming project, we're finishing more and more of them each day.i think there are 2 or 3 out of 15 that still aren't started, but at least we have a concept and materials gathered for them.

I can't be in Hamilton when they are doing the jelly roll race charity quilt event, but I have so many jelly rolls with no intended purpose, so I am building several here at home and will take them up there when I go for the Birthday Bash. I have a sewing machine by my bed, when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep, I can sew jelly roll quilts. My favorite pattern is the JRR2 which uses a colored square between each strip. That makes a nice big quilt and looks very cool!

Hope that hurricane left the SUBWAY RIDERS in the NE alone! I knew that a subway morning had to be started by a New Yorker!

Comment

Working...
                            X