Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a year - just poking my nose in to say Hi.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a year - just poking my nose in to say Hi.

I'm not one for wishing time away, but this year has really tested me. I lost my beloved Lab, Haley in March, after a battle with Dementia/Alzheimers, my Mom passed away April 15th, we buried her up in Michigan in June, and then to top it all off, I broke my left ankle a couple weeks ago. Holy Cow. I've definitely had a few meltdowns in this process but my dear, sweet husband gave me a dose of reality a few days ago when I was deep in to my little pity party. It couldn't have come at a better time and he made me sit back and realize this is nothing compared to what some others have to face every day. Then I really felt kind of ashamed and stupid for my bout of selfishness. I decided to change my attitude....back to the more positive person I used to be.

Now, every day is a blessing, and yes, I'm still on crutches with a monster splint up my left leg and more than a few times I've just about thrown my crutches out on the front lawn because they frustrated me but it is getting better and I feel very thankful that it will be healed soon. Life really shapes us and our outlook when these things happen and I learned that it is how we handle it that makes all the difference. Not that I've never been told that before but it becomes so much clearer when it happens to you. Just wanted to share this with my M* family.

Now on to brighter days. Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Carolyn
    sigpicCarolyn

Re: What a year - just poking my nose in to say Hi.

Glad to hear you are coping in a positive way. Life always seems to happen in 3's for me, too. Some years it seems to go on forever and keep rippling across my life. We have had our share of really sad and bad times, but then the sun comes back out and life goes on. I try to remember the ebb and flow.

Comment

Nice to see you luv
      Don't berate yourself for your own challenges this year; it seems it's been a doozy for many ... hugs.

Comment

Carolyn, glad that you are feeling more like yourself. We all need that reminder that reminder at times......

Sorry to hear about your mom and your pup.
        "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
        Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

It's hard to be positive when things come all at once. You can have a pity party, I would come. lol

I too am sorry about your mom and furbaby.
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

Carolyn, I've missed you. Sorry you have had such trying times. I'm so sorry about the loss of your Mom and your furbaby. We have several of our members dealing with heartache, loss of loved ones, serious illness and other issues right now. I'm sending hugs, prayers and a smile your way. (((HUGS)))
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Carolyn, glad to see you stopping by. But sorry to hear about the loss of your mom and your furbaby. Sounds like you've have had a rough time this year. Continued good thoughts for a speedy recovery.
              Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Peace & comfort to you, & good healing for that leg. It's always good to take stock & count one's blessing.

Comment

We eqch have troubles in our world, heartaches, body aches. Yours were tough on you, does not matter what others are facing. I believe there is not worse or better. We each deal with our issues in different ways. So its okay to take time for yourself. I would come to the pity party too. We all are allowed sometimes. I am very sorry to hear about your mom and fur baby. Oh and that ankle, prayers for a quick healing. Hugs sent your way.
                  :icon_happy:Karen
                  Life is short - live it up while you can

Comment

Carolyn it's good to see you.I'm sorry for the loss of both your mom and your dog.those are big losses to suffer close together.We all dral with loss and stress in our own way don't be too hard on yourself.I hope your leg heals quickly.
                    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

You all are awesome! Thanks so much for the thoughts - makes me feel warm and fuzzy!
                      sigpicCarolyn

Comment

Working...
                      X