Now I know I'm nuts...for sure...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I know I'm nuts...for sure...

My burthday is September 11... So... I was talking to my son about it, when he asked me how old I will be... 74" I answered.... He said NO... That can't be right,,., Not if I was born in 1943...

Oh...no..... I have had my age wrong for....who know how long.... At least a year...

So... At least I'm a year younger than I thought.... 72 now, and 73 Subday, the 11th..

Boy, do I ever feel dumb... I mean... Who gets their own age wrong?

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Re: Now I know I'm nuts...for sure...

Last year! I thought I was 55 I was 56! 56 is the new 30 in my book!
    Carrie

I cut it twice and it was still too short!

Comment

Originally posted by easyquilts View Post
      Who gets their own age wrong?
      Jack Benny!

Comment

Happy Birthday, Sandy, on the 11th. I am one of those people who get the age wrong. When I turned 71 this year, I think my mind thought that next year I'd be 72, but found myself telling people I was 72 for a few months. Makes you feel good when you realize you're younger than you thought
        A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

I have to stop and think when someone asks me my age. The years fly by now, and since birthdays aren't a big deal to celebrate, it's easy to forget. (Yes, I know, it should be a big deal to celebrate living another year, but how many cards to you get that say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY 67 YEAR OLD!!")

Comment

LOL This made me stop and think how old I am. Born 1942. Wish I thought I was a year older and discovered I'm not! Must be something about hitting that seventy mark that blanks out your "age" memory. Thanks for the smile!!!

Comment

WoOO HOOO!! You gained a whole year!

Comment

Sandy, think of it this way: isn't it better to find out how young you are, rather than how old? Hugs to you!

Comment

Thanks, guys... Yep... I feel great knowing I'm younger than I thought I was... I agree.. Hitting seventy must do something to our age thingy...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I looks like you found yourself an extra year....lol!
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

That happened to me one time. My aunt used to send me a card and money for my age and one year she sent too much. I stopped and thought, hey wait a sec. I called her and we had a good giggle. I don't think too much about my age either.
                      🌺 Lorie

Comment

That happened to me last year...thought I was 64 but was only 63..nice to gain a year.
                        Think it's as someone else said...the years fly by and I don't celebrate b-bays.

"It's better to be over the hill than under it".

Comment

You and I are 4 days apart in age! Have a great September birthday!

Comment

One of my favorite quotes is by Satchel Paige - he said, "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"

And my grandma always told people she was a year younger than she actually was - we were never sure if she did it on purpose or not!

Comment

Yep, we all do it. I remember back when I told someone I was 30 and thought about it and I was really 31. That was almost 40 years ago. At least you gained a year. BTW, my mother in law was a Sept 11 baby and she says that the WTC disaster caused her to lose track because everyone was so focused on the event.
                              Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                              Terry

Comment

Working...
                              X