• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hurricane Hermine

Continued prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by GlendaM View Post
      Power went out around 10:30 last night. Lots of Limbs and trash in the. They estimate over 70,000 without power could be days before it's all restored. Winds on our Coastline were between 55 and 65 mile an hour. It was a rough night I did not sleep a wink. Thanks for all the prayers
      I too am happy to see that you're safe and posting. I went through a hurricane in Houston when I was young and it was very very scary. I know the terrible destruction takes a long time to fix. Please take care and stay safe!!

Comment

You got it..... Good luck.... Hurricanes can be so scary....and this one is bringing lots of water...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Glenda,
          So glad you are safe. I live in Central FL and we have gotten lots of rain from Hermine. Last night we had some wind, but not too bad.
          sigpic

Comment

That's why I live in Kansas, so I don't have to worry about hurricanes. Here we call our winds tornadoes and pee our pants when we see them coming at us. Please stay safe.
            sigpic

Comment

I used to chuckle at my MIL. She worried all the time about us being in a hurricane in south Texas. She lived in Oklahoma in Tornado Alley. She never got the picture about us having plenty of warning to evacuate if necessary...sometimes 4 or 5 days. Tornadoes, you have 10 minutes if you're lucky.

Comment

Hurricanes are scary! I went through two here. Like Wendy said, little storm monster, lol, they are interesting. When the eye comes over you have the chance to go out side like nothing happened. Then rush inside and see it back wards. lol

Kidding aside I wish everyone the best. I would be scared to death of a tornado. I can't imagine that.
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by GlendaM View Post
                  Power went out around 10:30 last night. Lots of Limbs and trash in the. They estimate over 70,000 without power could be days before it's all restored. Winds on our Coastline were between 55 and 65 mile an hour. It was a rough night I did not sleep a wink. Thanks for all the prayers
                  Glenda I've been thru several hurricanes living in south FL so I know exactly what you're going thru. I've been praying for all of you. Looks like the worst is over, Hermine is heading up the coast now. Take a deep breath and try to sleep some.
                  sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Comment

Hoping you are still safe and sending prayers! Scary stuff.
                    sigpicCarolyn

Comment

Update I now have power praise the Lord. I am a native Floridian so I've been through many hurricanes. This one reminded me of when the Storm of the Century came through. Lots of heavy wind they're over 220,000 people in 31 counties in Florida without power. Tallahassee was really hard hit with over 90,000. Thank you so much for all the prayers, I can feel the love
                      Glenda

When life goes to pieces.......Make a Quilt!

Comment

Working...
                      X