Well well well it's not only Thursday BUT September 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well well well it's not only Thursday BUT September 1st

September 1st. WOW!! Where has the time gone? I only have 1 more sleep to go. I finished off the last of my projects and entered it all at the fair last night. Today I get to work with the judges so I will know if anything won a ribbon. THEN it's home to pack the last of our stuff. The air mattress isn't going to work, it is too big. Bonnie gave me couple of mats to use instead. We got the little butane stove and a coffee pot from friends. Taking our little table top BBQ as well. We haven't got much room in the van. I will do laundry along the way. It should take us about 5 days to reach the west coast. I may get to see my brother while we are out there. I haven't seen him in 6 years. Getting excited and anxious as well. I have never been this far from home before.

Have a wonderful and safe long weekend coming up, my friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Well well well it's not only Thursday BUT September 1st

Morning all! Monique have safe and wonderful trip! How exciting getting to head to territory yet unexplored by you!
    Not much happening here rainy this morning should clear later on. Long day at work for me. Working on my Chloe saddlebag purse and loving how its shaping up! Take care all.
    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Comment

Good morning all. It's a damp, cloudy morning here right now. Monique, sounds like you are all set for your wonderful trip. I can "hear" how excited you are.

Work was busy yesterday and will be again today, tomorrow, etc. But it's still a job I enjoy.

Watching the weather and thinking about our forum friends in the path of the tropical systems bearing down on various areas of the country. Be safe.

Enjoy your day everyone.
      Ginny B
      Levittown, NY

Comment

Be safe friend... Enjoy it all) GB
        "Each day well-lived and Happy;
        that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Monique you are going to have an amazing trip! It may be too late, or out of your budget, but you should look at a rooftop carrier. You can fit a LOT of stuff in one of those suckers! Such a beautiful time of year to travel across this amazing country! The fall colours will be so enjoyable....well maybe not in Saskatchewan...that's a LONNNNNNNGGGG drive! LOL!

Comment

Good morning everyone,

It's been a while since I posted on here. My sewing has not been without incident during August. I started work on two quilts, a baby quilt and the small Fancy Forest quilt which has 16 blocks. For those of you who haven't embarked on Fancy Forest, be prepared that this is all about accuracy and patience. I sewed a number of seams together backwards and or upside down more than once. Today, I will finish the last two blocks, the two fireflies. For me, I think the toughest blocks were the owls. There are 19 pieces in each eye alone. I have even managed to make my own version of the bunny where one has floppy ears and the other does not. I had to remake the second bunny and realized when I was making it that I had missed the last step on the other one. Sigh.

The baby quilt is already done and is quite pretty. Next Wednesday I am taking both quilts to a shop where I will rent time on a HandiQuilter Simply Sixteen and long arm them. As I am considering buying one, I think this will be a great way to figure out if I really want to do this.

As many of you know, I am a runner. Unfortunately, I am now back on the DL. I took myself to a different sports medicine doc who ordered imaging (xrays and ultrasounds) of both knees. I have a small tear to my patellar tendon which runs over your kneecap. That explains a lot.

The treatment for this is, believe it or not, is applying Nitroglycerine patches, commonly used in cardiac patients. It will increase the bloodflow to the area to speed healing. I will also be going back to physio to strengthen the heck out of everything. So, this is healing day 2 and not I can't run day number whatever. This is the most positive use of my energy.

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

I know you'll have a wonderful trip. DH & I did a cross country road trip many years ago, started in Florida drove across the lower states to California, and then north to Washington (where we now reside). It was the most fantastic adventure of my life seeing so many different parts of our country that I had never seen before, and being able to stop and explore anywhere our hearts desired. Take lots of pictures, take your time, and enjoy the scenery and the time together.

We leave for our annual camping trip with friends tomorrow morning. No phones, no t.v., no internet, no electricity, no showers (just outhouses), just 4 days of glorious nature, peace & quiet, and wonderful friends. We reserve an entire group campsite, that will accomodate 66 people, and there will only be about 20 of us - mostly adults over the age of 50, with possibly a couple of very well mannered teenagers who I enjoy spending time around. So looking forward to it.

Comment

Caroline that sounds like an AMAZING weekend you have planned! So very green here. Hope you have a blast!! xoxo

Comment

September already, looking forward to some cool Fall weather. Some of our forum pals have really good trips and weekends planned, enjoy whatever you do. With the threat of a big storm lots of BBQ's may not take place. Sometimes you invite so many people thinking there's plenty of room for them outside but it's a tight fit when you have to move the get together indoors. We'll be content for a quiet weekend just relaxing. After this weekend we will enjoy the Shore, still lots of people but the traffic isn't a nightmare. I think the beach fees no longer exist after Labor Day.

Comment

Not much to report here. We're having a.m. haze today, but it's supposed to be sunny & get up into the mid- to upper- 80's. I have a dental appt. at 100. A problem tooth that is sensitive. Next week will be the extraction on the other side for the molar on which I decided not do the root canal & crown. I just can't see spending $2,000. out of pocket on 1 tooth.

I have only 2 wks. till DS comes for a long week end visit. I have several house cleaning tasks to complete before he comes. Stuff that needs doing anyway, but I tend to procrastinate when I'd rather be sewing! With just the 2 of us here, I don't dust as often as I used to. Who sees it? We rarely have visitors. Due to his poor health, DH can't tolerate the stress of social interaction.

As time permits, I'm making blocks for the Cutting Corners pattern. I got tired of sewing together the strips, so some of the blocks will be just HSTs with no strips. When the strips sections are cut, a couple of the fabrics hardly show, since there is only ~1" on the corner triangles. I won't make this pattern again. I have a lot of strips already cut; I'll just save them for a Rail Fence or a string quilt. Or I might make another Bonnie Hunter Carolina Chain.

Time to get breakfast & head to the dentist's.

Comment

September.jpg
                      Looking forward for a happy and healthy month for all our forum members and their famlies.

Comment

Working...
                      X