Night Owls - What's the weather like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night Owls - What's the weather like?

Us on the right side of the US map are getting ready for a Tropical Storm to hit Florida and then walk up the east coast. So this night owl is getting to bed early tonight. Tomorrow travelling 2 hours to the next large town before the rain hits. I have another medical procedure early Friday morning. If it hasn't hit yet we'll drive back home but if it's bad we'll stay there Friday and head home Saturday.

So what have you been doing and what kind of weather are you expecting to start off your weekend?

Re: Night Owls - What's the weather like?

We have two hurricanes coming in. I didn't watch the news this evening yet to see the progress or strength.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

I'm on the east coast so were supposed to get some rain but it doesn't sound like it will be bad here.We really need some rain here so I do hope we get some.Good luck with your medical procedure I hope it isn't anything major.There isn't much happening here,I received an order from Missouri today.I ordered their 5"x15" ruler and 3 charm packs that were a weekly special.Now I need to figure out what I want to do with the charm packs any good ideas for 3 charm packs?
      :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Lorie please keep your ears open and stay safe.
        :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Judy, I hope your procedure goes well and the weather will behave.

Our weather is still hot but we can feel moments of fall when the wind blows from the north. No rain for the last couple of days and hoping it stays that way so the ground will dry enough to mow.

Lorie, stay safe and keep an eye on those hurricanes.
          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
            We have two hurricanes coming in. I didn't watch the news this evening yet to see the progress or strength.
            They cancelled your first hurricane to a tropical storm, but the other is supposed to hit land in about 24 hours. Batten down the hatches!

It was cooler here today and was supposed to rain. It think it spit for about a minute and that was it.
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

The weather has been calm today - we didn't have rain like what had became a daily event. The ground is soaked and the grass needs mowed but it will have to wait or else there will be tire tracks everywhere the mower went.

I just looked at the date and am taking a deep breath as it is the first of September. I am very excited about the Fall Forum Retreat but there are a lot of things going on between now and then. A group of ladies is coming over to my house tomorrow night, tomatoes and apples to process and can, a daughter's birthday, a friend's bridal shower, favors to get finished, and the usual activities of the week are a few of the things going on.

Judy, prayers for your medical procedure that everything goes smoothly and traveling.

For those who are in the path of the tropical storms, prayers that you will be safe. And if you would, check in when you get a chance so we know that you are safe.

Have a great night everyone

Comment

Cooler and calm in Iowa tonight...was able to pull weeds and dig out a little volunteer tree. My buddy took me out for BBQ for dinner! And I got Santa #4 done. Two to go!

Comment

Apparently we snagged all of Pat's rain! We had showers off and on all day.

I have all of the girl goats washed. The boys are just too stinky to mess with right now, and I t will only get worse as fall rolls in. The milkers look so pretty and feel so soft! I think it has been a couple of years since I gave everybody a bath. I'm usually scrambling to get the ones for the fair done.

I am working on a few new informational signs for the Urban Farm and Garden display at the state fair. I should have done more, but this is as good as it is going to get for this year. I have a few days of people watching to start planning for next year's display!

Em started school today, and she likes her class. I must get some sleep so I can sheep down the hall and get her out of bed and on the bus a litltle later this morning!
                  Be who you are and say what you feel
                  because those who mind don't matter,
                  and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by toggpine View Post
                    Apparently we snagged all of Pat's rain! We had showers off and on all day.

I have all of the girl goats washed. The boys are just too stinky to mess with right now, and I t will only get worse as fall rolls in. The milkers look so pretty and feel so soft! I think it has been a couple of years since I gave everybody a bath. I'm usually scrambling to get the ones for the fair done.

I am working on a few new informational signs for the Urban Farm and Garden display at the state fair. I should have done more, but this is as good as it is going to get for this year. I have a few days of people watching to start planning for next year's display!

Em started school today, and she likes her class. I must get some sleep so I can sheep down the hall and get her out of bed and on the bus a litltle later this morning!
                    By air, you might be ten miles from me!!! That is so odd you got rain and we didn't!

You will have to let me know the days you are at the fair. We normally just for the first day (for free), but I don't know if he will have the energy this year. Plus, he wants to head to the lake this weekend for Labor Day. I think he is putting too much on his plate.
                    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Thanks everyone. As Pat said the first one turned into a storm and went south. The second one is a worry though. It's coming up our way.

On a different note I finally bought some coffee to try out my new French press. I made a batch of cold brew. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow!
                      🌺 Lorie

Comment

Lorie, stay safe! Let us know how it goes. I'm actually kind of envious as I LOVE STORMS! If I could, I would be a storm chaser! But we don't get much here really....unless it's snow storms! lol.

Looks like we're fixin to have a sunny weekend! I'm puppy sitting for a friend, so will likely spend some time at the park. He is in need of some training so going to see what I can accomplish with him in two days. It did feel like fall this morning...it used to be my very favourite time of year...(hopefully that feeling will come back) even if it does lead to winter!

Comment

Haven't checked the forecast and don't know when/if the hurricane/storm is supposed to hit our area. We have a light rain right now but we'll get the outside secure just in case.

My, Paper work does pile up, I have several little piles on my desk that need attending so I better get moving. 2 checking accounts to balance, joint and mine. Sometimes they balance so easy and other times it's a chore. Need a 2nd cup of coffee before I face them this morning. Also have a list of phone calls to make, hopefully I can get a perm scheduled for next week.
                          Last edited by MayinJerset; September 1, 2016, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Hello to all from FL. We live NE of Tampa and have had 3 days of rain with more expected. Right now we have crazy thunderstorms going on, not bad just really wet. The current concern is for the storm surge that will hit the coastal communities. Julie, I hope you have received the pillowcases for the kids. We have a party scheduled for Labor Day. I hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend!!

Comment

Working...
                            X