• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JaniceR
    replied
    Re: yesterdays update....

Originally posted by bubba View Post
    The other appointments are all three miles from home, so we'll have no problem with those!!
    Oh that's good! At least a little bit of good news in this whole thing! I hope the treatments all go well! Stay strong and take care - both of you!!

Leave a comment:

• WendyI
    replied

Overall sounds like a good day considering all. So awesome that you got to have a nap while you waited! LOL! Normally you're stuck in the most uncomfortable chairs! And he's lucky to have such a competent navigator! Sounds like in spite of it all his spirits are up...hopefully things will progress as smoothly from here on out! xox

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

He went back to work tonight. He was back home about ten minutes later. Needed a towel to roll up to protect the port from being hit with the seat belt and an ice pack for after he got to work...the old fashioned kind w/the screw on cap.

Leave a comment:

• stationarymom
    replied

That's good to know it would be a pain and maybe uncomfortable to drive any real distance after MM starts his chemo.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

Originally posted by stationarymom View Post
    I'm glad to hear that both MMand you made it through the appt with no real trouble.I will keep you in my prayers and hope that You both get some rest before the next step in this process.
    The other appointments are all three miles from home, so we'll have no problem with those!!

Leave a comment:

• Sylvia H
    replied

What a day! At least the doctor was handsome - and you got to take a much needed nap! I live outside of Philadelphia, so I know about suburban and city traffic. Men! They are so stubborn (and non-compliant). I sincerely hope that all goes well with the rest of treatment.

Leave a comment:

• stationarymom
    replied

I'm glad to hear that both MMand you made it through the appt with no real trouble.I will keep you in my prayers and hope that You both get some rest before the next step in this process.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

Originally posted by GaGa View Post
    So glad thing went fairly well for you all. Sometimes I wish I lived nearer a large city but maybe not after to your tale of traffic!! Online shopping (thank you M*) is great for us rural dwellers!!!
    Don't get me wrong, I don't live in a small city either....second largest in the state. However, I know it like the back of my hand and can avoid the freeway to get to where I need to go. I love going to Seattle and I don't let the traffic stop me, I just plan to get there and back between the big commutes. However, when I have a patient in my car, I just want to get him home as quickly and painlessly as possible which you can't do in traffic like that!

Leave a comment:

• GaGa
    replied

So glad thing went fairly well for you all. Sometimes I wish I lived nearer a large city but maybe not after to your tale of traffic!! Online shopping (thank you M*) is great for us rural dwellers!!!

Leave a comment:

• seaturtle
    replied

Glad it was a relatively smooth day. I hope the next leg of the journey goes as smoothly.

Leave a comment:

• Grandma G
    replied

Glad everything went well, all things considered. Now both of you need to rest up for the next phase! BTW - sounds like Houston traffic. I definitely don't miss the daily 100 mile round trip to and from work in the crazy Houston traffic.

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Navas
    replied

There has to be a reason for all - as long as he was interested in taking time to visit Frys and didn't squawk because Walter needed some TLC and new accessories . . .

Leave a comment:

• KarenC
    replied

Sounds like the day was overall successful. Let's all pray for good results next week.

Leave a comment:

• K. McEuen
    replied

Ha, sounds like you needed that nap! Glad his procedure went well and that you didn't have any major traffic issues. I can't believe you have Fry's there, they have them in Texas and I love that store. We don't have them or anything like it here in NM.

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

I sure wish I lived closer to you. Prayers that he doesn't get sick and things go as smoothly as they can.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X