Time to get things movin around here!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to get things movin around here!!

A few years ago when I was teaching myself how to quilt, I would have my laptop open beside my sewing/quilting station and this forum open so that I could keep up with all the chatter that was happening in here.

Lately, it's been so very quiet. This is somewhat normal because it is summer, but it's not normally THIS quiet! C'mon people! I know you have things going on in your life! Get in here and share! What's more, when things are slow at work I need y'all to entertain me! LOL!

How's your summer been? What exciting things did you do? What projects did you tackle?

Hmm...what else............If you won the lottery, what is THE very first thing you would do? Just one thing.

That should get things started ya?

Re: Time to get things movin around here!!

If I won the lottery ( depending on how big the payoff!) I would payoff my mortgage, take a trip to Paris and go visit each of my kids until they threw me out! Then I would buy a Statler Stitcher long arm, and quilt all day long!

Comment

If I won the lottery, I would share it with all my friends. Nobody needs THAT much money!

Comment

If I won the lottery...like BIG lottery...I would pay off the debt of all my family and buy homes for them all. Then spend my time traveling to visit them all and taking them on trips. Then buy myself a house in the country with baby, pigmy goats and a horse or two and a long arm quilter and probably a hundred cats and dogs.

Comment

If we won the lottery, Jeff would be able to quit his high-risk job and enjoy life. We would travel, travel, travel.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

WHEN,, I win the BIG lottery, my first thing will be getting my passport renewed so I can visit MSQC...
            Last edited by Learner quilter; August 31, 2016, 11:02 AM.
            sigpic Christine.

Comment

Get a face lift... to replace my jaw that dropped on the floor!!

Then gift my Grands with some $$$. My children are doing pretty well.. and it would help them if I gifted their children..
              Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
              :icon_wave:

Comment

I would get a divorce and buy a house close to the beach. I would help out my dd's.
                🌺 Lorie

Comment

We're retired, own our home and cars and have traveled a lot so besides helping out family, especially grandkids with college loans and/or mortgages I would do hire a caretaker for my quilting room and stash.

Comment

Okay nothing terribly exciting but I have been enjoying my summer. My husband and I bought bicycles a few months ago. I hadn't ridden a bike in 30 years! So we have been enjoying bike rides on the weekends. Then we go out on the boat and spend as much time as possible on the water enjoying the summer days because summer is too short! I have been working on a queen sized Boomerang quilt which is almost finished.

Now the lottery - I would retire immediately, followed rapidly by buying a house in Oregon. My son and family are there and I need more Grandma time. I would also pay off the mortgage on our sons house or buy them something larger. And set them up in their own business.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
                      If I won the lottery ( depending on how big the payoff!) I would payoff my mortgage, take a trip to Paris and go visit each of my kids until they threw me out! Then I would buy a Statler Stitcher long arm, and quilt all day long!
                      I sure do miss that LIKE button!!!
                      Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                        If we won the lottery, Jeff would be able to quit his high-risk job and enjoy life. We would travel, travel, travel.
                        Need that LIKE button!!
                        Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

Love this thread, Wendy! Such fun to see people's ideas.

If I came into a boat-load of $$$, I would pay for a new building for the school where my DH serves as pastor and principal (we have the land, just not the building) and set up an endowment fund for teachers' salaries and benefits to put them on a par with their colleagues who serve the public schools. And then...

I would pay off all the student debt accumulated by my children and children-in-love, and set up college funds for each of my grandchildren (and set up a special fund for grands yet-to-be). And then...

I would set aside $$$ for my three unmarried DD's weddings. Two will probably be coming up in the next few years, and the youngest is 19, so probably by the time she's 30... And then...

I would quit my job, and set aside a big ole pile of $$$ for medical expenses for me and DH in our dotage, which is rapidly approaching!! And then...

I would buy both the Husqvarna/Viking Sapphire 960 and the Platinum 16 mid-arm I've been drooling over. And then...

I would add a room onto the back of our house with windows on three sides, and make it my sewing studio. I have a wonderful sewing set-up now, but believe it or not, I've outgrown it in two years! And then...

I would book a trip to Hamilton, MO, to meet all my quilty friends!!

Hmm... guess I'll have to win REALLY big, and have the ONLY winning ticket!
                          Last edited by SallyO'Sews; August 31, 2016, 12:00 PM.

Comment

If I won a boatload of $$$$, kids would not have to worry about money and grandchildren wouldn't have to worry about paying for college either. I would like to open a quilt store/retreat centre after I have traveled to see what I want to see.
                            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I would get us a new home and a big old motor home. I would have hubby quit working and I may or may not work part time at my discretion. Get my hubby a new car and my son. Then we would travel after setting some aside for lifes what if bumps.
                              sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                              Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                              Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                              X