New to me cleaning product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to me cleaning product

After searching for years! And trying every single cleaning product out there I happened to find one that is positively absolutely fabulous. It is called Method Bathroom Cleaner and is for cleaning mostly bathrooms. (My house has two vintage bathrooms with lots of ceramic tile and chiclet floor tile. One BR is baby pink the other is mint green, I bet you can picture them right now!) The cleaner works great, smells slightly minty like toothpaste, and NO bleach. It even works on mold and mildew. Doesn't have to be rinsed either and my tiles shine like they have each been individually polished. I clean my bathrooms pretty often so haven't been able to test the mold or mildew claim, bc I don't have any, but it sure works great and I love that it has no bleach. You might want to try it. I just got it at the grocery store but I think Target carries the method brand.
    Last edited by jjkaiser; August 30, 2016, 07:07 PM. Reason: Auto correct thinks it knows everything

Re: New to me cleaning product

Think I will look for this next time shopping. Thanks for the info.
    Karen
    Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

I also am going to look for it, thanks for the info.

Comment

Awesome! Going to look for some when i do errands this week. Thanks!
        Bec

Comment

I just used some of this at my son's home and was impressed. Sometimes it is nice to try new products.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. I don't think I've seen that but I will look next time.
            Cindy

Comment

I need to look into it too! The BR in Chicago has the baby pink and maroon chicklet ceramic tiles. Mom wouldn't let anyone but herself clean that floor; so I never learned how to maintain it. Now that's she's gone I've been afraid to touch it with anything other than plain water. Thanks for the recommendation!

Comment

I liked Method when I used it. Then I started using vinegar, dawn and hot water. Cheaper for me.

Comment

Thanks, I'll need to check for it

Comment

Originally posted by Pandabear View Post
                    I liked Method when I used it. Then I started using vinegar, dawn and hot water. Cheaper for me.
                    I also use blue dawn and vinegar. Equal parts put in a spray bottle shake it up and its good for all surfaces. Does soap scum, mold and mildew and dirt and leaves things slick and fresh smelling. Best thing we ever tried, and cheap.
                    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                    Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                      After searching for years! And trying every single cleaning product out there I happened to find one that is positively absolutely fabulous. It is called Method Bathroom Cleaner and is for cleaning mostly bathrooms. (My house has two vintage bathrooms with lots of ceramic tile and chiclet floor tile. One BR is baby pink the other is mint green, I bet you can picture them right now!) The cleaner works great, smells slightly minty like toothpaste, and NO bleach. It even works on mold and mildew. Doesn't have to be rinsed either and my tiles shine like they have each been individually polished. I clean my bathrooms pretty often so haven't been able to test the mold or mildew claim, bc I don't have any, but it sure works great and I love that it has no bleach. You might want to try it. I just got it at the grocery store but I think Target carries the method brand.
                      I use this all the time and I LOVE it. I use it everywhere, not just the bathroom. It makes your stainless steel sink just gleam. I got mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Which reminds me that I need to get some more.
                      Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

My bff uses this product because it is chemical free. They have several other lines as well. Nancy, Canadian Tire also sells it and likely cheaper. I'm gonna pick some up this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by WendyI View Post
                          My bff uses this product because it is chemical free. They have several other lines as well. Nancy, Canadian Tire also sells it and likely cheaper. I'm gonna pick some up this weekend!
                          Thanks Wendy. I'll take a look.
                          Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

Originally posted by Pandabear View Post
                            What's the formula proportions you use? I'm going to try both :-)
                            https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                            Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
                              What's the formula proportions you use? I'm going to try both :-)
                              Don't really know. I just pour some of this, then that, then the other. Give it a good shake and all is well

Looks like IrisGirl does a 1:1 ratio though. You can give that a go.

Oh, if you decide to do just dawn and vinegar, heat the vinegar a bit first. Helps give it an extra little cleaning boost in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X