my tickets are booked!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my tickets are booked!!!

Awesomeness! I can't wait to meet everyone.

Comment

So excited for you!! I'm glad he insisted you go...you will need the break by then I'm sure. Hope you all take lots and lots of pics so those of us so far away can live vicariously through you! xox

Comment

Enjoy yourself!

Comment

WooHoo! Can't wait to meet you!

Comment

So I opened my big mouth at dinner. I told MM after thinking about my shoulder and looking online about it, I am pretty sure I tore my rotator cuff when I fell. Now he is adamant that I get in to have it checked again. I told him even if I did that and they said I needed to have surgery done, I would not do surgery until after the retreat anyway so I didn't see the reason in doing so at this time.

.......pretty sure I lost that argument
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Oh Pat, I didn't know you had fallen too! I fell 5 weeks send tore my rotator cuff and a tendon to one of the biceps. The Dr insisted on doing surgery now and not waiting until Oct 1 so it would be after the retreat. I just had the surgery this Monday -and it sucks but he says I should be able to sew some by the retreat. If not, I'll be visiting and shopping a lot! Just look for the attendee in the sling - and that will be me! Can't wait to meet everyone!!
              Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

Originally posted by GaGa View Post
                Oh Pat, I didn't know you had fallen too! I fell 5 weeks send tore my rotator cuff and a tendon to one of the biceps. The Dr insisted on doing surgery now and not waiting until Oct 1 so it would be after the retreat. I just had the surgery this Monday -and it sucks but he says I should be able to sew some by the retreat. If not, I'll be visiting and shopping a lot! Just look for the attendee in the sling - and that will be me! Can't wait to meet everyone!!
                I fell the day after Mothers Day....it was a doozy! Sprained four toes on my right foot, bruised my knee, bruised all my right ribs, my right boob, and they said I sprained my shoulder. Originally said six weeks and it would better, then they said three to four months! It has quit getting better, so I started researching online and I have several symptoms of a torn rotator cuff....hurts to raise that arm, I can't put it behind my back, hurts 24 hours a day, sleepless nights.......Yes, I'll be calling the doctor tomorrow

Did you have orthoscopic surgery, or did they actually cut you open to fix it?
                pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

They were able to do it arthroscopically. Your symptoms sound very much like mine. An MRI confirmed it. Mine was better 4 weeks after my fall but not terrific. Dr told me I shouldn't wait because the tendon would retract and make the surgery more difficult or impossible. So, I bit the bullett and did it because I didn't want to live with pain and limited mobility. Hopefully I'll be glad I did it - but it's not today! Actually I can say it didn't hurt as much as the day I fell! I also smashed my glasses into my face, skinned my hands and knees and hit my left boob but the shoulder was the worst. I know this is really the last thing you need right now - but you should have it checked. I'm determined it's not going to keep me from the retreat!! My doctor's wife is actually from Hamilton and his grandmother is a quilter so he has at least some understanding! Let me know what you find out!
                  Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

Working...
                  X