Leaving of Auntiemern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaving of Auntiemern

I know that I don't post a great deal on the forum and I think it is sad that the negative attitude of some members have resulted in one of our beloved members to decide to leave the forum because of so much negativity. I don't understand why people have to be so mean and nasty on here. If you don't have anything nice to say you should just be quiet and not say anything instead of ruining a once great forum.
    "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." Martin Luther (founder of the Lutheran Church)

Re: Leaving of Auntiemern

Missed where she said that There have been a few strange threads lately though.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

she didn't say it on here-just sad that she left
      "Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime." Martin Luther (founder of the Lutheran Church)

Comment

I am sorry to hear this and hope she will reconsider. It is sad to know that the attitudes and words of a few, cause pain to others. I am happy to consider Marilyn a friend. This forum has been through some rough times and it is not what it once was, nor what the Doan's would want it to be! I love being able to check in, see what others are up to, seek friendships, get answers, etc. I hate when drama interferes with the true purpose of this forum. I don't know why we can't act like ladies and gents on here and consider others before we write mean remarks.

Comment

She was so sweet! I'm sad she doesn't feel welcomed here before!
          LAtely I haven't been very present here but I'm sad this happened
          My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

I have missed her input her for awhile. I am still in touch as I will continue to make Quilts for her group. People are just plain nasty and really need to look in the mirror before opening there mouths. I work retail and see so much of this it makes me hate what people are becoming. Marilyn we love you!
            sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
            Time spent with cats is never wasted.
            Sigmund Freud

Comment

I 've been here for about a year and have even taken a few breaks. Yes lately, I have noticed some nasty unnecessary comments. I just have to shake my head. I enjoy this forum and find most people are positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhonda D. Matzker View Post
                If you don't have anything nice to say you should just be quiet and not say anything instead of ruining a once great forum.
                While I totally agree that some have been purposefully nasty, in no way do I believe this forum has been ruined. The majority are kind, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and have lovely manners and social skills. The opposite of all that comes from a small minority here.

Sadly, good people leaving lets them win and if too many do that, they will take over and ruin this forum. Let's stay strong, united and continue to enjoy the forum. Usually the very best way to get rid of the trouble makers is to ignore them. With no audience they disappear like a fart in the wind. (Sorry, I know that's a bit crass, but my elderly southern neighbor (whom I loved dearly!) used that saying a lot and it always kind of tickled me.)
                Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Sorry to see her leave the forum. Someone a while back was aggravated and talked about the ignore option? Does anyone know how to do that? Maybe that's an option for Marilyn.
                  Vonnie

Comment

Originally posted by Suzette View Post
                    While I totally agree that some have been purposefully nasty, in no way do I believe this forum has been ruined. The majority are kind, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and have lovely manners and social skills. The opposite of all that comes from a small minority here.

Sadly, good people leaving lets them win and if too many do that, they will take over and ruin this forum. Let's stay strong, united and continue to enjoy the forum. Usually the very best way to get rid of the trouble makers is to ignore them. With no audience they disappear like a fart in the wind. (Sorry, I know that's a bit crass, but my elderly southern neighbor (whom I loved dearly!) used that saying a lot and it always kind of tickled me.)
                    Agree completely! There is no need to be cruel or unkind to people. If you don't like what someone says, or don't agree with them, shut up and move on. It's not like we're all in a room together and that would be awkward.

Comment

Maybe we should get a category to post in that says something like "Negative rants & drama" and we could all just avoid that section.

Comment

Originally posted by grammaterry View Post
                        Maybe we should get a category to post in that says something like "Negative rants & drama" and we could all just avoid that section.
                        LOL yeah that's a good one.
                        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                        Women are Angels.
                        When someone
                        break's our wings
                        we will continue to
                        fly...usually on a
                        broomstick.
                        We're flexible like that.
                        - embroitique

Comment

I don't understand this. I think everyone here on the Forum is pretty nice and well behaved. I don't see any snarky comments, certainly nothing that would make me want to leave. I check in here daily, so I must be missing something?

Comment

People that purposely say something snarky (love that word) should have their posts pulled immediately. The snark folks will continue as long as someone responds to them. The snarks of the world love to hear themselves & see their words in print. Don't give them that kind of power.

Gina

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                              I don't understand this. I think everyone here on the Forum is pretty nice and well behaved. I don't see any snarky comments, certainly nothing that would make me want to leave. I check in here daily, so I must be missing something?
                              Be glad to show you where they are. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X