You're kidding me, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're kidding me, right?

My son went grocery shopping. I needed some little carrots for my dog. (he's little and loves baby carrots for a treat). My list should have been more detailed, like "baby carrots for the dog", little midget carrots, not for a pony!

He unloaded 5# bag of carrots with my other items. I didn't know whether to laugh or pee my pants. What was he thinking? I swear, some of these carrots are bigger than my dog!

Oh well, looks like a lot of carrot cake to be made or maybe a fiesta party for the rabbits in the neighborhood.

Lesson learned: Send your daughter to the store!
    Attached Files

Re: You're kidding me, right?

Steam them lightly and cut into smaller pieces. Your dog will still love them. Bandit loves half steamed carrots.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

That's a guy for you!!
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

That is too funny, I always say if you want to send someone to the store that will stick exactly to the list send a man. I guess it has to be a very specific list. hahaha...

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
          Steam them lightly and cut into smaller pieces. Your dog will still love them. Bandit loves half steamed carrots.
          That's a great idea Karen. I will try steaming some and cut into manageable pieces.

Comment

Reminds me of my aunt sending my male cousin to the store (he was in his 30's) for lettuce. He came home with cabbage. He said "No wonder the cashier looked at me funny when I said that was the heaviest head of lettuce I've ever seen"!
            Donna

Comment

At least he bought carrots.
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Originally posted by dwil23 View Post
                Reminds me of my aunt sending my male cousin to the store (he was in his 30's) for lettuce. He came home with cabbage. He said "No wonder the cashier looked at me funny when I said that was the heaviest head of lettuce I've ever seen"!
                I agreed to work a double one afternoon after someone called off. Called home to have DH bring me a sandwich. When I stopped for lunch at 2am, found out I had a large cabbage leaf on my sandwich. I periodically remind him of this. Kathy
                All quilts cat tested and approved.
                sigpic

Comment

Maybe you son thought the dog wanted the carrot for a chew toy.

Here's a video you will appreciate......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YFRUSTiFUs
                  "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                  Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

That's a cute story.

carrot.jpg

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/450852612676764386/
                    🌺 Lorie

Comment

I've learnt the hard way too to write a very specific grocery store list
                      My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Comment

I love Jeannie Robertson. She has such a strange outlook on life, just like me.
                        sigpic

Comment

I frequently buy carrots in the 5 lb. bag because they are so much cheaper. However, the carrots usually are very large. I never heard of a dog loving carrots, but at least they're healthy.

Comment

Dd you know those tiny baby carrots are made from big woody cull carrots The factory runs them thru a milling process that makes them all uniform.
                            Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                            Terry

Comment

So funny. Big carrots if your dog can handle them are very good for their teeth they chew them like a bone and it helps to clean the tarter. I prefer the big monster carrots for the dogs and puppies but do if they have sensitive tummies monitor their time with the big carrots. I have been feeding them for years.
                              Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Comment

Working...
                              X