Saturday morning itchies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday morning itchies

Good morning. Oh yeah, got the itchies bad again this morning. So I am sitting here thinking to myself, if I am allergic to the glue on the bandages, then the glue must still be on my skin. Right? I haven't been able to shower since Aug 3, just a sponge bath as they call it. So I have a idea, an alcohol bath. Rub and rub all the affected areas really well with alcohol, then apply the itchy cream. That should work, at least in principle, right? I will let you all know if my big revelation worked.

I did go to emergency yesterday after the staples and drain were removed at the nurse's urging, just to make sure. So yes, seems I am having an allergic reaction to the glue from the bandages.

It looks like it is going to be a rainy day here all day, some much needed rain I might add. I think to keep busy and my mind off the itching, I will try and do SOMETHING in the sewing room.

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Saturday morning itchies

Alcohol will be a bad idea! It will burn!!
    It will help itching, but if there is any open skin sores it may burn too!
    Do you have any hydrocortisone cream??
    Happy Quilting!

Comment

Originally posted by bhaggerty View Post
      Alcohol will be a bad idea! It will burn!!
      It will help itching, but if there is any open skin sores it may burn too!
      Do you have any hydrocortisone cream??
      It didn't burn, and yes that is the cream that was given to me. BUT STILL ITCHY!!!!

Comment

I really feel for you and the it hues..... I have it itching issues on my back.... It's almost constant, and can wake me up at night... I sure hope the alcohol rubs work.... They should...

Good luck!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Morning....

IT stormed here last night and the storm woke me up...I web surfed for about an hour and then, I finally was tired enough to go back to bed at 3:30 AM!

I finished my free motion quilting class project this morning.....the class did me a world of good. And if any newbies want to try FMQ? By all means...take a class!

FMQ class bowl CSC (740x800).jpg
          Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

Try vitamin e cream or oil for the rash. It won't hurt and is good for wounds. I am allergic to tape also and this is what works for me. Sometimes the rash is worse than the wound!
            sigpic

Comment

Weather prediction for our area,melting fan.jpg
              We did get some rain overnight but not much. Will give foundation plants a good deep drink today as I don't want to lose them. One is a big azalea that my granddaughters gave me one Mother's day many years ago - it is now several feet wide and high and has such beautiful purple flowers when it is in bloom.

Ginny, Did you get your shirt yet?bklyn tee.jpg
              Last edited by MayinJerset; August 13, 2016, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LauraP View Post
                Try vitamin e cream or oil for the rash. It won't hurt and is good for wounds. I am allergic to tape also and this is what works for me. Sometimes the rash is worse than the wound!
                I will try that, thank you. I almost can't stand the itching.

Comment

Monique, if you can take Benedryl it might help with the itching.
                  *~* Myrna *~*
                  *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

I never had a problem with tape until I was hospitalized for several days. The area where the IVs were taped down got red and puffy. Between the bruising from the needle stick and the rash my arms looked awful.
                    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

You can also try ice packs or cold compresses ??
                      Happy Quilting!

Comment

Monique, try some aloe Vera gel. It has some numbing medicine in it and soothes it. My mother used it for her pain from shingles and it helped.
                        Last edited by grandma nurse; August 13, 2016, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Bless you Monique.....thar is so miserable.
                          I too , have incoutered this..... try washing down with a little Epson salt water, too.There also some washing towlets...like wet wypes.... that might help as well.
                          Binodryl ......for sure.
                          Try..... Hydrocortisone cream, mixed with triple antibiotic cream ...... to apply to itchy places.

It can even be, your pain med or even a reaction from the annistesia .......but tape does do this to me......yep. ......feel better soon.

....Bee
                          The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
                          ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

I broke a leaf off the aloe vera plant and put it on directly. I had to remove the small bandage as it was getting really bad underneath. I hope the aloe vera works.

Comment

Monique, I'm late getting in today, but so bummed that today is no better for you than yesterday. Allergic reaction to the glue..So very sorry. I am reading all the wonderful suggestions from your forum family, and can only hope that one of them helps. So wish I could add something else that would help you. My DH has a problem with the tape and adhesives but we basically try to use bacitracin and cataphyll for these issues. I wholeheartedly agree with going in to your sewing room and doing ANYTHING, especially for something you may want to keep for yourself. Will hope that tomorrow or the next day bring you some much needed relief from the itching.
                              A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Working...
                              X