Rooting them on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rooting them on...

I'm not much for sports, other than the Boston Red Sox (baseball) and the University of Connecticut Women's basketball team. But I do enjoy the Olympics, especially the gymnastic competition. And, not gonna' lie, I have found Michael Phelps' story of struggle and getting his life in order very inspiring. So this is what my youngest posted on Facebook this evening:

*Mom screaming in the living room*

*I run in expecting a lot of blood*

Nope. Just Michael Phelps winning the gold. Congrats man, I hope my heart attack was worth it.

Re: Rooting them on...

That's funny,my kids make fun of me for yelling at the tv all the time.
    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

That's funny! I was just thinking that sometimes it's the other way around - Mom running when the kids are screaming, only to find out that they're excited about something and not actually dying or otherwise suffering!

Comment

Originally posted by Cokie View Post
        That's funny! I was just thinking that sometimes it's the other way around - Mom running when the kids are screaming, only to find out that they're excited about something and not actually dying or otherwise suffering!
        Sad to say, at my house, it's usually me scaring my children. I'm notorious for yelling "OH, NOO!!!" while driving, and making my kids brace for a life-ending crash, only to hear me say, "I forgot my grocery list!"

Comment

I rarely yell at the tv. DH does that enough for both of us.
          Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X