X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrea F
    replied
    Re: flying high....

If only the men would listen to us... I hope it's nothing bad causing more problems though.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

This morning he woke up with back pain. I told him that was one of the things he was supposed to call the doctor over. Of course, he did not believe me, so he then proceeded to read all the paperwork which I had already read a couple times over the past two days. Pretty soon, I hear him talking to somebody......hmmmm!!! He called the doctor and is now waiting for a call back.

Score two for Nurse Ratchet.

Leave a comment:

• Andrea F
    replied

I was thinking about you two. Glad all went well so far and I hope he's okay now with the pain pills.

Leave a comment:

• seaturtle
    replied

Good job Nurse Ratchet!

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

I had a retirement party to attend this afternoon and I told him I did not know if I was going or not and he talked me into it. So, I left him unattended about three hours.

I called when it was over to check on him and he did not answer the phone. Called our daughter who lives a block away to check on him and she was not home. I quickly finished and got home (had to pick Yoda up at the groomers on the way) and he met me at the back door alive and well.

First words out of his mouth.....I passed a stone.......(me) One came out?......no, but I felt it leave my kidney and it was not pleasant. I took another pain pill and called work and told them I was not coming in!!!

Seems Nurse Ratchet knows all.....

Leave a comment:

• ilive2craft2
    replied

Oh Pat, glad to hear that he is recovering and that you are able to keep a sense of humor! I hope he changes his mind before a bigger stone attempts to come out.....once the pain starts it is sometimes hard to get it back under control. Docs do know best in this situation.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

He has decided, all on his own and against my better judgment, that he does not need to be taking any pain pills since he is not in any pain!! Uh, said I, that is because you are on pain pills and the doctor said you are going to be in great pain when those things start coming out! A couple have, but were quite small and not painful at all, so if he doesn't want t take his pills he can suffer the consequences.......

Leave a comment:

• grandma nurse
    replied

It helps. To find some humor in all of this. Sometime that helps a care giver to keep going. Hugs and prayers and keep looking on the funny side.

Leave a comment:

• rebeccas-sewing
    replied

Hang in there!

Leave a comment:

• WendyI
    replied

so glad it all went well! Hope his pain is managed well in the upcoming days!

Leave a comment:

• cv quilter
    replied

Bubba, glad that the blasting is over and now for some well deserved rest for both of you. Prayers sent up for strength to return to him before the chemo starts.

Leave a comment:

• seaturtle
    replied

If we didn't have to turn them in, maybe I could decorate a purse with them!! hahahahaa......
    Oh no - a calcified coin purse!!! You really need some sleep!

Leave a comment:

• songbird857
    replied

A great big hug to you

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

Oh Pat, you gave me a good laugh this morning. I am glad you got a rest too. Men are such babies when they are sick, is yours one of those? And yes, take care of yourself too.

Leave a comment:

• Granny Judy
    replied

My thoughts are with you as you got thru this journey... Have lots of soft food snacks ready.. Jello, puddings, yogurts, energy drinks like insure. About the 2nd or 3rd week after chemo you will be glad to have them on hand. If the doctors say he might suffer from...make sure you have the "help" drugs before hand.

Went thru this with DD#2... and was very glad we had "stocked" up on those drugs, food and comfort items.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X