Good morning Monday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning Monday!

Good morning one and all. Well it's the start of another week and the weather here in England is cloudy with rain forecast.
    My pusscat has an appointment with the vet this morning to see how her o pelvis is healing after her tumble from the bedroom window sill, hope we can get rid of the cage today but she may be restricted to one room.
    Also taking my FIL to a clinic for the removal of a basal skin carcinoma on his chest. Shouldn't be too big a job but as he has Alzheimers I hope he stays still long enough.
    Then it's back to the craft room! I have spent the weekend tidying the cupboard which holds my quilting fabric and I now have the bit between my teeth to do the same with my dressmaking fabrics - I just threw it in when we moved the craft room last year and didn't have the heart then to do anything else with it. So that's the day then on to start some tire bags I have promised to a lady to sell for charity.
    Hope you all have a good day, will let you know later how the appointments go.

Re: Good morning Monday!

Stopping by to say a Good Mornin' to all who come along. I'm struggling with an inner ear infection. ( loosing my balance is the worst). Feel like the "drunken Sailor" when trying to do anything. But the meds should kick in pretty soon. Caught it fairly early.

What are "tire bags"?? Sounds very interesting.. Pictures??

DD is home today..til the afternoon when she has a Gyni test. Still checking her out for the CA.. It's been a year & half since her diagnosis and the worst is behind her now.... Just these little Glitches since all the hormones are stopped.

Got to hunt up those 1 1/2 black stripes I bought so I can get another top finished for the Abuse Center. I'm on a roll and wanna keep up my momentum... If all get quilted that are in my "final stage" pile, I'll have 20 + to give them this Christmas, thanks to all YOU Orphan givers. Love ya.
    Last edited by Granny Judy; August 8, 2016, 03:45 AM.
    Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
    :icon_wave:

Comment

Hi Judy, just back from the vets, all good, can have the run of the house under supervision so she doesn't jump up onto furniture!!
      Sorry, the tire bags should read TOTE bags that's predictive texting for you!
      Hope all goes well with you and yours, have a good day.

Comment

LOL.... Know what you mean.. sometimes my fingers go crazy and you'll never know what comes up... I like texting, but you have to decipher mine all the time. Hope YOUR day is frustration free!!
        Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
        :icon_wave:

Comment

Morning everyone!
          It is another beautiful day in Eastern Ontario! And the day is all mine. I have no where to go and no chores to do so I plan on spending the day in the sewing room catching up and completing the 5 UFOs that are hiding in there!

We spent a lovely afternoon yesterday with some old friends. I made a couple of new recipes (don't you love testing recipes on friends?) that were a huge success....Cranberry BBQ Chicken and Smashed Potatoes, with Peach Melba Cobbler for dessert! Yummy! There are a few leftovers for dinner tonight so I don't even have to think about that!

MaryUK - very happy to hear your furbaby is doing ok. Glad you clarified the "tire bags" as I was going to ask the same question. Thought I was missing something.
          Judy - isn't it great when you build up momentum and just want to keep going. Good for you.

To you and all who follow - have a wonderful day filled with blessings and answers to prayer.
          Peggiep
          "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Morning all

Originally posted by MaryUK View Post
            Hi Judy, just back from the vets, all good, can have the run of the house under supervision so she doesn't jump up onto furniture!!
            ...and just HOW do you keep a cat from jumping up on the furniture??? You'll be busy today...well, at least saying 'NO' to your cat I'm glad your kitty is ok...

Dr appt. this morning, then off to the gym, then home hopefully to sew some more blocks together - still finding my groove.
            Have a great day all!

Comment

Good morning everyone. Mornings are quite a bit cooler these days. NOTHING happening here of course. Still resting but bored. I did get into my sewing room but have no inclination to do much. Les is working days today and then off to momma's tonight so I am on my own. What to do? The nurse will be in sometime this morning to change bandages. Can't hardly wait until drain and clips are GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Mary for starting us off this morning. I too wondered about 'tire' bags. Thanks for clarifying that. LOL!!

Have a great day friends.
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Morning Everyone,

Dot & Olive had an appointment with Auntie Claudia for grooming at 6 am. The Girls were in a good mood and didn't even have to be bribed to go inside today. They always get even with me in the days to follow betrayals of this type.....lol!

I food shopped at WalMart after dropping the Girls off. They have changed the store by putting numerous self-help checkouts immediately inside the front door. Every time I shop there the prices have gone up so I guess this new arrangement is how they are spending the money. I wonder how many jobs they think can be eliminated by these selfie checkouts! Employees have trouble getting enough work hours as it is to feed their families. I think Sam Walton would roll over in his grave if he saw what has happened to his vision and master plan. And that's my rant for the day.....

I'm working on mending a few of my old family quilts. A couple needed binding and a few seams mended, so I'm working on that. I wanted the binding on one particular quilt to look old, so I found a fabric that was close to being the same color family but the color was too vivid. So, I bleached it and used the wrong side as the right side of the binding and it's turning out really nice. Necessity is the Mother of Invention, right?

It's storming here again today. There's a big one coming at us from Kansas City. Jeff has been calling to give me updates. They have a sophisticated radar weather system at work. I should nickname him Doppler! I don't get nearly as excited over the weather as he does.

I'm off to vacuum the house while Sweet Olive is gone....it scares her so.

Wishing everyone a blessed day.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

New week beginning and hope it bring new energy. DS#2 and DIL were over yesterday, DS and DH were moving some furniture and helping us re-arrange some things in the living and family rooms. Had discussion with DH in advance just what I wanted moved, etc. but when the time came he forgot what we had discussed but to make a long story short - things were moved and looks good.

While DS & DH moved stuff DIL and I were talking and I mentioned I still didn't finish the small baby quilt for newest DGGS in CA. Well much to my surprise she said, "Why are you making the new baby a quilt when you gave his now 2 yr old brother 2 quilts?" I have 6 great grandkids and made each a quilt when they were born, there are no set rules so some were crib size and some smaller. Made the now 2 yr old in CA a small baby quilt when he was bone. About a year later gifted him with a child size one featuring a sailboat that I had made for a challenge as that family has a small sailboat. Told DIL I didn't know she was keeping score and that I have several quilts made for projects/challenges that I was planning to gift to family members such as her 5 month old DGS but all in my good time. After they left I made a quick list of how many quilts each family member has received and so far I have made her DD's 4 quilts each, crib to queen size whereas other DGkids have received 3 each with full size being the largest. I also made small quilts for the babies of her nephew and 2 nieces just because I felt like it. As far as quilts for great grandkids I can't help it if the children of DS#1 have 5 kids and her children have only one - each new child gets a quilt or two whether the child, its mother or this DIL likes it or not.

We have 3 sons, made #1 a big lap quilt when he was 50, 2 years later #2 turned 50 but he turned down my suggestion of a quilt (he's DH of complaining DIL) so I asked DIL if they would like one for their new couch and she said , "No they liked the throws they have." so I gave DS a gift cert. for his 50th Bday. D#3 got a lap quilt for his 40th and, shh don't tell her I gave him a twin size one from my stash when he bought his own house.

None of my DILs ever express an interest in my quilting as they turned down my suggestions to make them quilts for their homes, so I gave each of them a Christmas table topper and left it at that. This DIL surprised me a few years ago when she asked if I would make a quilt for their new custom made queen bed. She said she'd pay for supplies. I was glad to do it and told her the making a the quilt and having it quilted as a gift from me. Made the other DIL a lap quilt when she began chemo for breast cancer, she said Thanks but I don't think she ever used it, sorry to say she passed away 2 years ago.
                  Last edited by MayinJerset; August 8, 2016, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Busy week lined up on the calendar this week. Every day there seems to be at least one activity if not more each day. This is also the last week that the pool is open so the children want to get in as much swim time as possible this week. Sometime I hope to get find time to work on retreat favors and do some other sewing and quilting.

Have a great day everyone

Comment

Originally posted by MayinJerset View Post
                      New week beginning and hope it bring new energy. DS#2 and DIL were over yesterday, DS and DH were moving some furniture and helping us re-arrange some things in the living and family rooms. Had discussion with DH in advance just what I wanted moved, etc. but when the time came he forgot what we had discussed but to make a long story short - things were moved and looks good.

While DS & DH moved stuff DIL and I were talking and I mentioned I still didn't finish the small baby quilt for newest DGGS in CA. Well much to my surprise she said, "Why are you making the new baby a quilt when you gave his now 2 yr old brother 2 quilts?" I have 6 great grandkids and made each a quilt when they were born, there are no set rules so some were crib size and some smaller. Made the now 2 yr old in CA a small baby quilt when he was bone. About a year later gifted him with a child size one featuring a sailboat that I had made for a challenge as that family has a small sailboat. Told DIL I didn't know she was keeping score and that I have several quilts made for projects/challenges that I was planning to gift to family members such as her 5 month old DGS but all in my good time. After they left I made a quick list of how many quilts each family member has received and so far I have made her DD's 4 quilts each, crib to queen size whereas other DGkids have received 3 each with full size being the largest. I also made small quilts for the babies of her nephew and 2 nieces just because I felt like it. As far as quilts for great grandkids I can't help it if the children of DS#1 have 5 kids and her children have only one - each new child gets a quilt or two whether the child, its mother or this DIL likes it or not.

We have 3 sons, made #1 a big lap quilt when he was 50, 2 years later #2 turned 50 but he turned down my suggestion of a quilt (he's DH of complaining DIL) so I asked DIL if they would like one for their new couch and she said , "No they liked the throws they have." so I gave DS a gift cert. for his 50th Bday. D#3 got a lap quilt for his 40th and, shh don't tell her I gave him a twin size one from my stash when he bought his own house.

None of my DILs ever express an interest in my quilting as they turned down my suggestions to make them quilts for their homes, so I gave each of them a Christmas table topper and left it at that. This DIL surprised me a few years ago when she asked if I would make a quilt for their new custom made queen bed. She said she'd pay for supplies. I was glad to do it and told her the making a the quilt and having it quilted as a gift from me. Made the other DIL a lap quilt when she began chemo for breast cancer, she said Thanks but I don't think she ever used it, sorry to say she passed away 2 years ago.
                      May, you do what your heart tells you to do and if anyone doesn't like it, TOO BAD!!!!!!!!
                      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Sorry for the long rant - was going to edit it and check spelling but got called away from the computer and editing time had passed.

Thanks for listening. I feel better now that I got that rant off my chest and now on to something constructive.

Right On Monique - if she brings up the subject again that's what I'll tell her.
                        Last edited by MayinJerset; August 8, 2016, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Exactly Monique. If they don't like what they got - so and so only got one and so and so got more - maybe she should learn to quilt and help give some of hers.
                          May - I think you are a wonderful person and I hope you don't feel one tiny bit of hurt since she said that to you.

Yard sale day #2 - made about $8. Certainly not an adventure of making money where I live - haha. Spent time with people I love and that was worth it. Also, didn't bring one thing home as it all will be donated. Win-win!
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                          http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                          http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

PeggyP, can I have the recipe for the cranberry chicken please? you can pm me or just put it on here and I will check.
                            May, I was talking to a quilter friend who had just finished an appliqued quilt for a sister in law. It was an underwater party with the crabs and octopus' etc. Since the family drinks beer she special ordered material that had the right brand of beer and fussy cut 14 bottles of beer for the critters to hold. The sister in law was very offended and sat and removed all the beer bottles from the quilt. We decided she must have a drinking problem she didn't want anyone else to know about. Really upset my friend after all the compliments she had gotten on the "cute" quilt.
                            Some people wouldn't be happy if they were hung with a new rope, as my daddy used to say.
                            sigpic

Comment

😺 Hi Friends,

It's been a long weekend here, 😸
                              Friday's wedding, we had to be there at 12: 00 pm. To begin, the getting ready, (bridesmaids) and me with baby Reese, so they could make pictures before the wedding that begin
                              at 60 pm.
                              Thank goodness he's such a good baby. All was well except, me being a bit fatigued. 😻
                              Two more to go, Kelci in Oct. Then, Mersadies, next year, all these girls will be married. Sheeewww.😼
                              Yes ....I then will have all my son's buddys, and him too to do too. 😆

I have been working on editing and grouping, pictures, to give the bride, as a little gift. These are pics of them getting , ready together, before the photographer, got to start. Hopefully, I can have some special pics of them, saved , to suprice them. It just takes me a looooong time.....to do it.
                              These girls have been close since, third grade, I think.

Hope your all doing well. Maybe I can catch up here for a bit.

I am going to srarted taking a few days a week to work at mom's place, now that I am no longer worried about what to do with Scooter, while I'm there. Taking him there was not a good idea, I couldn't get anything done. Hopefully I have a idea, to go during the day, that way no one can see the lights on, and no car, so, I hope to have no one stop in, while I'm working out there.😿 That may sound bad, but I have to concentrate, making decisions, and I can't, when other stuff is going on......may just be me, but, I can't help it.

I hope to get to babysit again soon too. While Kelci woks from home, last week was a blast.😊

Blessing Monique, 💟and anyone else who needs them. 💕See ya again soon......😽

I'll share pics soon......ok.☺

These are all my girls.....

FB_IMG_1470521058918.jpg
                              Last edited by SewnByBee; August 8, 2016, 03:47 PM.

....Bee
                              The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
                              ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

Working...
                              X