Clear All

Re: Television Series?

Sherlock
    Luther
    :icon_wave:

https://www.facebook.com/?sk=nf

Comment

I binged watched Republic of Doyle on Amazon TV. Talk about eye candy.

Comment

Netflix House of Cards and also Person of Interest.
        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dollyquilts View Post
          I binged watched Republic of Doyle on Amazon TV. Talk about eye candy.
          I know eh!!!!
          Just a tad bit corny, but come on, the view is not to bad!

Comment

The Sopranos, my all time favorite, loved Friday Night Lights, Son's of Anarchy, Downton Abbey and currently my favorites are Walking Dead and Outlander.

Comment

Many of these shows I've never heard of or watched. I have to say I really like Survivor & the Amazing Race, which I faithfully watch every season. Years ago we loved Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, & Gunsmoke, as well as Little House on the Prairie. No Netflix at our house. Rarely watch any movies. I'd rather read a good book or watch a quilting tutorial on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by RockinLou View Post
                What are your favorite TV series? New or old, on Netflix or otherwise.

DH and I have enjoyed watching together:
                Downtown Abby (first few seasons)
                Mad Men (gave up in season 4)
                LOST
                Turn (just watched our last episode)

We're looking for something new to watch together. I don't mind sci-fi or mysteries, he doesn't mind period pieces but I'm really not into a lot of violence (one or two scenes to move a mystery along is different than an hour of murders) but we need to figure something out together.... Suggestions??
                The Americans is a great series. It's about a family of four. The mom and dad are embedded Russian spies in the Reagan years. The kids just think they are normal Americans. There are three seasons on Netflix, and the 4th season should show up soon, if it hasn't already. My husband and I really like it. I hear it has been picked up for a fifth and 6th season as well. I am hoping they finally get caught as they have destroyed a lot of lives already. It's really good!

I also like the British mysteries that are on either Netflix or Amazon Prime. Foyle's War, Whitechapel, Happy Valley, and Broadchurch are all very good.
                Nancy

Comment

Forgot to mention. Vikings is my other all time favorite.
                  https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                  Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

I don't watch a huge amount of TV but I do enjoy Miss Marple, Lewis, Inspector Morse, NCIS (eye candy with Mark Harmon) and Murder She Wrote with Angela Lansbury. We have a lot of 'reality' programmes over here but I can't stand them! I do like The X factor and Britain's Got Talent.

Comment

I enjoyed a lot of the series mentioned except I had to stop watching Breaking Bad because of my anxiety issues. It made me SO anxious!

There is a really great Canadian show (shocking I know) called X Company and also a show called Ripper Street which I really enjoy.

Also:

Hell On Wheels (western)

That's all I can think of right now.

Comment

Our TV is on most of the time. I have tinnitus, and the noise helps hide it! I rarely watch major networks except for NCIS and Big Bang. We are able to get METV on an antenna, and I watch the ancient series like Gunsmoke, Emergency, Big Valley, MASH, Carol Burnett, and Hogan's Heros. Satellite brings us FETV and HMM where I can watch Murder She Wrote and Hart to Hart. I watch a couple of series on HGTV, and keep PBS on the rest of the time. The crime shows today are too bloody, and violent. The reality shows don't interest me. I do watch old movies on TBS and TCM and others. I like the ones from the 40's and 50's, but draw the line at anything older than I am! Now I'm watching the Olympics until the swimming and gymnastics are over. And SEC football is only a few weeks away!

Comment

All 3 NCIS shows
                          Barnwood Builders
                          Pioneer Woman
                          The older game shows
                          Survivor
                          Amazing Race
                          Barbara :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Forgot to add my favorite game show000 - Jeopardy every weekday night and Saturday re-runs when possible. It comes on at 7pm so we either eat dinner before 7 or after 7:30.

Comment

We have to a new season of the Sewing Bee starting in a few weeks on Foxtel in Australia. Looking forward to watching it. I just finished watching all the seasons of Call the Midwife.

Comment

Miss Fisher's Mysteries set in Australia but be prepared, she is a very liberated character, based on books by Kerry/Kerri Greenwood, I believe. On Netflix.. We also watched Damages on Netflix.

Comment

Working...
                                X