• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Monique
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2011

Night owls where did you go?

I slept really well for a couple of hours, but been awake for a while. Not because of pain, practically pain free just can't sleep.

I can sleep tomorrow right?

See you in the morning.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!
  • snippet
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2012

Re: Night owls where did you go?

I'm here. I was doing well before sleeping on a normal cycle but now I'm back to day sleeping. Today I've had a bit of a headache so I haven't been doing much today. I just can't concentrate well enough.

Comment

• kimsophia
      Missouri Star
      • Oct 2014

I'm around...just doing cross stitch and playing Mah Jongg solitaire! I am not concentrating very well either but I don't have a headache...

Comment

• bubba
        Missouri Star
        • Mar 2013

Sadly, I am still up!!

I was just thinking about you. Several years ago, MM had surgery on one of his hands to fuse some bones that were damaged from arthritis. He had been taken back and was in the OR an hour or so when a lady came in for a mastectomy. She was discharged a couple hours before MM! When they let me go back to where he was, I commented on this and they said having a boop removed was a minor surgery and there was no reason to keep you. I grabbed my boob and said, if you remove this, it is a major body part and you'd better give me at least a night in the hospital!! The nurses were all laughing at me.

But seriously, I do not believe in day surgery. I'd rather have them waiting on me while I rest in peace and quiet.
        pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• Judy, USMC
          Missouri Star
          • May 2013

Had a hectic morning and meant to take a short evening 1/2 hour nap ... but my body refused to get up ... and my hand slapped the alarm off. So now my sleep cycle is really off kilter.

Happy to hear that the surgery and recovery seem to be going well.

Making plans to go back to North Carolina from here in Chicago via southern Indiana. Steve wants to visit his sister for an hour or two. I don't mind the trip off our normal route ... there are 4 quilt shops that I've never visited that are on the way.

Comment

• toggpine
            Missouri Star
            • Aug 2009

I was peeling the last of the peaches. SuzyQue gave me a recipe that was much easier than some others for canning them.
            I will have the salsa to can tomorrow and a batch of peach rum sauce to cook down and can. That should be the end of that for another year.
            Then I'll have to start planning on the pears and apples. The raspberries will also need some more attention. Thankfully no one has gone out to pick blackberries yet.

My quilt is sitting all alone on the dining room chair. It would like to be finished sometime soon. I have also realized that I have NOT gotten the treadle cabinet out and cleaned up. It didn't happen last year, as it was too late/cold in the fall to do the project outside. The chemicals needed to be 65-70 degrees, and are not safe for indoor use. If I don't get on it, another year will go by before I get it done. I'd like to be able to sew on it this winter.
            The list just never gets any shorter....
            Be who you are and say what you feel
            because those who mind don't matter,
            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

• RockinLou
              Missouri Star
              • Oct 2014

I was actually sleeping, a shocking turn of events!!

Comment

Working...
              X