My brother Tommy, my brother Andrew, and now my DH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother Tommy, my brother Andrew, and now my DH

Hi all. We got some bad news today. My DH has prostate cancer. I just lost my older brother Tommy to brain cancer in March and my younger brother Andrew is dying of colon cancer and has only a few months to live. This morning we found out that Jonas has prostate cancer. We're hoping we found it early (he is faithful to have yearly check-ups) and that he'll be okay in the end, but we are pretty much in shock right now. I've been doing lots of practice FMQing while waiting for the biopsy results to keep busy. If you don't know this for yourself, let me tell you - quilting is much more than a hobby or a craft. It is a healing art. I find God's comfort while I quilt. I hope you do, too.
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Re: My brother Tommy, my brother Andrew, and now my DH

Oh my goodness, how much can one person take! I am so sorry about this. Thinking of You both and really I just don't know what else to say. You have been through so much already this year.

Comment

So sorry to hear this news Cyndi. This si a lot for one person to endure. Keeping your family in my prayers.

Comment

Cyndi, so very sorry to hear this sad news. I hope that this is slow-growing and caught early, too. Your family has been tested so severely this year, I will keep you all in my thoughts. There is strength in sharing and coping together, and yes, quilting can be meditative, and healing. I hope you and Jonas can continue to quilt together for many years to come.

Comment

I'm so sorry. There are no words.
          Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

Your family is in my prayers. What an incredible journey you are on.
            Cindy

Comment

Cyndi, the prayers continue!! In earnest!!!
              Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
              it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

I'm sorry to hear more cancer has hit your family, Cyndi. I'm glad that your husband has been going for yearly check-ups. That can really make all the difference. Keep us posted. I have high hopes it has been caught early.
                Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

So sorry to hear this Cyndi. Prayers winging your way. I am sure you have done all of the research on prostate cancer...so please try not to worry to much.
                  Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                  sigpic

Comment

So sorry, thinking and praying for you and your family.

Comment

Just so much strain on you all but the good news is that many men survive it. So have several family members and friends.

Pray for you.jpg

Comment

You're all in my prayers. Please take time to take care of yourself, too.
                        “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Cyndi, I'm so sorry to hear your news...will definitely sending prayers his way...
                          Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Prayers for you and your family. Quilting has gotten me through some sad deaths and difficult moments. It is very helpful and calming.

Comment

Cyndi, I am so sorry to hear about this. You have had more than your fair share for sure.
                              Have him ask about the seeds for the prostate cancer treatment. Dad had those done and it worked. I will say that he should have his kidneys checked too. Dad lost one kidney to cancer before, and one after, the prostate cancer.
                              We'll keep you in our prayers, and keep quilting!
                              Be who you are and say what you feel
                              because those who mind don't matter,
                              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                              X