A little bit of Night Owling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little bit of Night Owling

Not going to hang out too late tonight. I have a long list of stuff for tomorrow.

To clear up some stuff. We live in Western Washington, west of Tacoma. The marine layer is an overcast that is like a high fog, tree top height or higher. When there is upper atmosphere moisture and an onshore flow of wind we will get a marine layer. It usually burns off between 10 and noon, but can make a huge difference in the day's temps.

I made a dent in the peaches today. Three batches of jam and four quarts of peach/blueberry pie filling are done. I'll probably do one more batch of jam and then freeze the rest. Quite the difference from 6 peaches to 60!

I hope all is well in your neck of the woods tonight!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Re: A little bit of Night Owling

All is well here. Spent the day preparing for bills due on the first. BIG bills - Chicago water & garbage, Chicago city taxes, North Carolina county personal property and automobile taxes. So glad I got most of my row by row and shop hop buying done. Will definitely be on a fabric diet until I make it to the Forum retreat!

Canning sounds like it's going well. Absolutely love home canned jam; there's nothing commercial that will compare.

Steve and I will be going on a mini road trip later today or tomorrow. Hope y'all stay safe ...

Comment

Good morning ladies! It's already noon here, grey outside and raining on and off.

My computer (the PC) broke last week on Sunday, it couldn't read my hard drive anymore. Or do anything else. Thomas got a new pc for his birthday and he picked it up on Wednesday. We put the hard drive in that one and were able to copy most of the files. Some are gone and it's going to take a little time to find out which are missing. Thankfully, the outlook file with all my emails is still there. That was my biggest concern. I'm really happy to be online again. lol. The phone is too small (the mini screen drives me nuts) and my Macbook couldn't get internet access via wifi for some reason.

Peach jam sounds delicious! When the kids were small, we had a garden plot with plum and apple trees and several berry bushes. I never really tried cannning (everything went into the deep freezer). I made a lot of strawberry jam though, and jelly from the berry juice.

We have to make a big additional payment to the power supply company. I'm going to be on a fabric diet til September, too.

Have a wonderful day and safe travels!

Comment

Do daytime owls hoot? Nice to read your news. I am about halfway on the Halloween sampler. This one has a lot of Hardanger cutwork, which is not my strong suit, as counting threads accurately is something I'm bad at. There are some hardanger stitches that are not cutwork, so I am considering that. I need to surf Google images...keep hooting

Comment

Working...
        X