X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCY
    replied
    Re: Dang printer

You can un-install Windows 10. I downloaded "Never 10" on my laptop, which has W-7. I did not want 10. Now I don't get all those pop-ups ads & the pressure from MS to install 10. It tried to download on my laptop, too. The only way I could stop it was by removing the battery.

I'm still having printer problems. Mine is an HP Officejet 6500A Plus, all-in-one, which is 6 y.o. A friend came over today to troubleshoot the problem. We watched a video on line & followed the steps. Had the back off & cleaned all the rollers, etc. There is a problem with the mechanism inside that picks up the paper to load it through. He wasn't able to fix the problem. I think I'm looking at getting a new printer. I saw a newer model HP on sale this week ($60. savings) for $119.99. I'm thinking about getting it. I had stocked up on ink when it was on sale. Now I'll need a dif. ink. I wonder if they'd let me exchange my ink cartridges? It never hurts to ask.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

Originally posted by shirleyknot View Post
    I found a new win7 laptop to buy! THAT will fix my problems, and it is NOT going on-line to get messed up. Back to my favorite programs!
    That's good. The thing that is pissing me off now is that I keep getting pop ups that I need a new battery. I checked into that and it's just another ploy.

Leave a comment:

• shirleyknot
    replied

I found a new win7 laptop to buy! THAT will fix my problems, and it is NOT going on-line to get messed up. Back to my favorite programs!

Leave a comment:

• Sharyn J
    replied

I have the same problem since Windows 10 downloaded to the computer at the other house. I have a perfectly good HP office printer that won't work since that windows upgrade, which I did not want on that old computer, but they downloaded it anyway! I've been too irritated to problem solve but sooner or later, I'll have to fix it. That upgrade wiped out all my printer settings, fax and trouble shooting and I can't find a driver.

When I bought my Windows 10 laptop here, at the condo, I had to buy a new printer. Again, no drivers available and could not use the old one with all the wireless technology. I didn't mind replacing the printer, but now I'll probably have to replace the other one too. Not happy.

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

Originally posted by MRoy View Post
    My desktop computer died last week. I ordered another Dell and my son set it up for me. When he'd tried earlier in the year to upgrade my old PC to Windows 10, my Lexmark printer wouldn't work. When he set up the new computer with Windows 10, he reinstalled the printer using the CD that came with it and this time it worked. I'd thought I was going to have to get a new printer and had decided to go wireless, but now I can keep using my old printer and save a few $$.
    Mine didn't come with a cd and the wireless install wouldn't take so I had to choose the usb choice. Then it wouldn't acknowledge the usb when I installed windows 10. I don't hate W/10, but it is a pain in the butt sometimes

I'm just happy it got resolved.

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied

Doesn't your printer have a troubleshooting page you can check? Or just Google pages coming out of printer blank and see what comes up
    "Fixit How fix a printer that prints blank pages" see you tube for video
    Last edited by jjkaiser; July 30, 2016, 11:36 PM. Reason: Added you tube

Leave a comment:

• grammaterry
    replied

You know, maybe you should just take it back to wally world and tell them it doesn't work. Maybe they'll just give you a new one if you are persistent. It just shouldn't be this hard. The other day, I must have accidently touched on one of those pop up ads at the side of the page and all of a sudden I had 6 new programs downloading and I tried to stop it but couldn't. It took me 5 hours to clean it all up. I am so computer illiterate and it was so hard. I like the idea that I can communicate with the forum and have email, but honestly, I don't understand why there are people who want to hack into my stuff. There is nothing here that they could possibly want.

Leave a comment:

• seaturtle
    replied

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
    It took me awhile because I sat down for a beer. Thank you Cindy and everyone that listened to my little problem today
    I'm glad you were able to solve it. Have one for me

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

Originally posted by seaturtle View Post
    There might be a driver issue for windows 10 if you haven't updated.
    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...rm=OSF_W_10-64
    It took me awhile because I sat down for a beer. It was so frustrating! The new driver let me clean the head and nozzles which were 'incapable' before. So after that it worked! It's not very dark like it was before, but good enough until it dies. lol

Thank you Cindy and everyone that listened to my little problem today

Leave a comment:

• MRoy
    replied

My desktop computer died last week. I ordered another Dell and my son set it up for me. When he'd tried earlier in the year to upgrade my old PC to Windows 10, my Lexmark printer wouldn't work. When he set up the new computer with Windows 10, he reinstalled the printer using the CD that came with it and this time it worked. I'd thought I was going to have to get a new printer and had decided to go wireless, but now I can keep using my old printer and save a few $$.

Leave a comment:

• shirleyknot
    replied

My printer isn't running wth win10 either,even after new drivers. I HATE win10, for yet another reason.

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

I'm having problems with my HP printer as well. I get a msg. that I need to load paper in the tray when there's already paper there! This happened to me once before, but I don't remember how we fixed it. I looked up on Google to find a fix & followed a YT video about doing the reset, which did not work for me. Printer still is not working, & I need to make some labels for my recent quilts & print off some other stuff. Very frustrating.

I did not upgrade to Windows 10, so that isn't the problem.
    Last edited by JCY; July 30, 2016, 07:23 PM. Reason: Additional info.

Leave a comment:

• CraftyJnet
    replied

The Epson site said to do this:
    -Make sure you selected the correct paper size settings in your printing program and printer software.
    •Run a print head nozzle check to see if any of the nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.

Leave a comment:

• seaturtle
    replied

There might be a driver issue for windows 10 if you haven't updated.
    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...rm=OSF_W_10-64

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

Everything is installed right. I got it to do a test. But when I did a scan, which I use most for files it's ghostly and it says there is a bad connection to the USB port doesn't recognize it. I wonder if this has something to do with installing windows 10?

I don't know how to install new drivers. Is that a web site thing? This thing is cheap. lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X