Dang printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang printer

I don't get this. I changed all my cartridges, and yes took the plastic off the nozzles , lol and the pages are coming out blank. I looked it up but can't seem to find out why. It won't let me do a test either. It's not that old and this is the first time I changed them. No warranty

Ever happen to you?
    🌺 Lorie

Re: Dang printer

Do you need to update your drivers or reinstall the printer? I have had to do that before.

Comment

We recently found out our printer was made so smart that once it knows the ink is expired, it won't work til you change to new ink! Now they really have made the ink expensive!

Comment

What is the printer make and model number?

Jeannette

Comment

Originally posted by mommadeb View Post
          Do you need to update your drivers or reinstall the printer? I have had to do that before.
          I just unplugged it and going to see what happens.

Originally posted by CraftyJnet View Post
          What is the printer make and model number?
          Epson xp 310. Cheap from Wallys
          🌺 Lorie

Comment

My dang Epson did the same thing to me today! Changed the cartridge and it won't print a test page. Mine is old, but I love it because it connects wirelessly to my modem so I can print from any device. Might need to replace it! Dang!

Comment

Lorie, is it possible you put the wrong surface of the cartridge facing towards the part that connects with the nozzle? If you can't run a test print, it's not getting a flow of ink obviously. Good luck! BTW is there an online FAQ page or community support for your printer model?

Comment

are you sure the cartridges are snapped al the way in, and if there is a little flap that snaps over them it is in place. Not sure you can even close the cover if it is not, but was worth asking and checking
                Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

I agree with MommaDeb. Try uninstalling the printer and installing it again. Update your drivers. Sometimes, even with auto updates, things aren't auto updated. :/

Comment

Everything is installed right. I got it to do a test. But when I did a scan, which I use most for files it's ghostly and it says there is a bad connection to the USB port doesn't recognize it. I wonder if this has something to do with installing windows 10?

I don't know how to install new drivers. Is that a web site thing? This thing is cheap. lol
                    🌺 Lorie

Comment

There might be a driver issue for windows 10 if you haven't updated.
                      http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...rm=OSF_W_10-64
                      Cindy

Comment

The Epson site said to do this:
                        -Make sure you selected the correct paper size settings in your printing program and printer software.
                        •Run a print head nozzle check to see if any of the nozzles are clogged. Then clean the print head, if necessary.

Jeannette

Comment

I'm having problems with my HP printer as well. I get a msg. that I need to load paper in the tray when there's already paper there! This happened to me once before, but I don't remember how we fixed it. I looked up on Google to find a fix & followed a YT video about doing the reset, which did not work for me. Printer still is not working, & I need to make some labels for my recent quilts & print off some other stuff. Very frustrating.

I did not upgrade to Windows 10, so that isn't the problem.
                          Last edited by JCY; July 30, 2016, 07:23 PM. Reason: Additional info.

Comment

My printer isn't running wth win10 either,even after new drivers. I HATE win10, for yet another reason.

Comment

My desktop computer died last week. I ordered another Dell and my son set it up for me. When he'd tried earlier in the year to upgrade my old PC to Windows 10, my Lexmark printer wouldn't work. When he set up the new computer with Windows 10, he reinstalled the printer using the CD that came with it and this time it worked. I'd thought I was going to have to get a new printer and had decided to go wireless, but now I can keep using my old printer and save a few $$.
                              *~* Myrna *~*
                              *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Working...
                              X