Hoot of the Night Owl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoot of the Night Owl

Hoo hoot! How are the owls tonight? I'm conscious! Wooooo!

I am still switching between stitching on the Halloween and Christmas samplers. How are yoooou? @,@

Re: Hoot of the Night Owl

You're the first Night Owl I've seen in quite a while.I'm up waiting to wake my DH we have to drive my DS and his girlfriend to Boston to catch a flight this am at 2:30.My DD is still here and I don't remember the last time I felt so tired,I guess it's just being out of my usual routine.My DS is going on a cruise for the week they are going to Belize,Honduras,Mexico etc.. I hope the waters stay calm.
    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Pat is hot and sweaty. Yoda is snoring on the couch next to me. MM is in the other room......cranky!
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I am feeling a little down tonight. My dh had a doctor's appointment today to check out a small lump that developed near his collar bone a few months ago. I assumed it was some kind of cyst, nothing to worry about. Dr says he needs a biopsy, oh oh. That will be scheduled very soon. Dr have him no clue what it could be except he thought it was probably a lymph node not a cyst. Thank you doctor for not sharing just a little more information
        Should we be worried or not?!

I have worked second shift at a hospital for 18 years. It was recently bought out by some mega giant corporation and they have been slashing jobs like crazy since the take over three months ago. Today I found out my shift is being eliminated entirely. They are encouraging people to quit, retire or volunteer to reduce their .FTE. I am a .5 which is the bare minimum to qualify for health insurance. They are giving us till Monday to "volunteer" to be cut, then they will decide who will go and who will stay by the end of next week. Morale is horrible and basically everyone is worried if they will get the ax. I am not old enough for Medicare. The new insurance contract for the new owners (open enrollment) isn't until Oct but there is talk that they will probably not offer coverage unless you are full time. So you can see I did not have a very good day today.

Comment

I'm headed to bed shortly but I slept until about noon today so I'm off-schedule. I woke up with a headache so I went back to bed. Between that and recuperating from surgery I'm off my normal schedule. I've been crocheting tonight on a scarf that I started a while ago and finished it tonight - just need to add some fringe and one more UFO is done. May try a little sewing tomorrow. The new tutorial for the baby kisses quilt is really cute. I've been a little blue today - feeling enough better that I want to do "something" but not quite good enough to do much. Just a few more days and things should be much better. Just having a little pity party, and I know others are dealing with so much more. I tell myself that but I still get a little teary.

Bubba I hope you get good news tomorrow. I'm so sorry to hear about your day jjkaiser. The company I work for has been in a similar situation and it's so hard to work when you don't know what each day will bring, and the company has no loyalty to long time, good and faithful employees. Sending you both a hug tonight.

Hope you all have a good night.
          Last edited by Cokie; July 28, 2016, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
            I am feeling a little down tonight. My dh had a doctor's appointment today to check out a small lump that developed near his collar bone a few months ago. I assumed it was some kind of cyst, nothing to worry about. Dr says he needs a biopsy, oh oh. That will be scheduled very soon. Dr have him no clue what it could be except he thought it was probably a lymph node not a cyst. Thank you doctor for not sharing just a little more information
            Should we be worried or not?!

I have worked second shift at a hospital for 18 years. It was recently bought out by some mega giant corporation and they have been slashing jobs like crazy since the take over three months ago. Today I found out my shift is being eliminated entirely. They are encouraging people to quit, retire or volunteer to reduce their .FTE. I am a .5 which is the bare minimum to qualify for health insurance. They are giving us till Monday to "volunteer" to be cut, then they will decide who will go and who will stay by the end of next week. Morale is horrible and basically everyone is worried if they will get the ax. I am not old enough for Medicare. The new insurance contract for the new owners (open enrollment) isn't until Oct but there is talk that they will probably not offer coverage unless you are full time. So you can see I did not have a very good day today.
            Wow, that sounds super stressful...just the word "biopsy" scared me when I had to get one for a skin inflammation that wouldn't go away...it turned out to be just fine but I just about started crying just from the word. It is easy for me to say not to worry, because worrying doesn't change things...but I know it is scary. And the job stress too! Ack! You poor thing! {hugs} I found this web site with a 24 hour hotline https://www.healthcare.gov/blog/cove...lose-your-job/

Comment

Hoot Hoot! I do like the Baby Kisses quilt. Dh was close by and I just had him look at the quilt without watching the video. He said that it looked like a lot of work. To which I replied, "Not the way Jenny does it. It is really easy." I think this will be added to my list of quilts to do sometime.

Pat, praying for you guys tomorrow as dh and you get results. jjkaiser, sorry about all the stress at work - it is so hard when things are up in the air.

It has been a good day here. It was cool enough to go for a walk this morning. And we were able to get some errands ran before it got hot. I did get a couple of moments to sew on the favors for the retreat. Other than that, it was a quiet day around here.

Have a peaceful night everyone

Comment

Working...
              X