So Friday has come

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Friday has come

YIPPEE!! At last. I can't say I WORKED hard this week. It's been a pretty easy week, quilting and all. But I sure am glad it is over. The butterfly quilt got trimmed, binding will be getting ready to attach but not today. I just don't feel like dragging my machine and I would not be able to sew until noon anyway. I decided yesterday to take some cross stitching with me. Cross-eyed is more like it. Holy moly! I will work on this one block but I can't say for sure that I am going to do anymore than that. We shall see. This could become a UFO for the next 20 years or so.

Yesterday became quite hot hot hot. Today will be no less. House sits in darkness to keep it cool. Tomorrow is a huge garage sale where I have been working. Well just beside it. So I will be going to that with my friend Lynda. Then packing up to go to camp. Not sure yet if we are leaving Sat or Sun. We'll see.

So have a wonderful Friday and the best weekend no matter what you do.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: So Friday has come

Hi Monique and Everyone,

We are having such hot weather they are posting warnings telling everyone not to go outside unless it's absolutely necessary. I ran errands and it was miserable and I was out and about at 8 am. I still have to take the Girls out for their breaks.

Be sure to watch Jenny's new tutorial. I think it looks fine and I love it in gray/red. When I get off here I will be raiding my stash to see if I have what I need to make it.

Wishing everyone a good Friday....stay cool.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Wish I could send some of the cold breezes coming in our windows out to you Barb but since I can't keep yourself busy indoors pulling fabrics for Jenny's new tutorial.

Got lots to do this morning before DGD Christine and family come for lunch but waiting until the Advil kick in before I get moving. Aching all over and feel as if I slept on a bed of rocks. Hope coffee is done soon as I really need it.
      GoodMorning Share cup of coffee.jpg

Comment

Good morning everyone. Yay, Friday is here. I've been outside this morning and it's a beautiful day so far. But I think we are going to be having some of that very hot weather moving toward us that you have had Barb. So, my sis and I decided that we will skip working at the house in Brooklyn this weekend and hopefully next weekend will not be quite so hot. We are winding things down there so I think a week skipped will be fine. I've got things to accomplish here too. I'm hoping to spend some time in my sewing room too.

Have a great day everyone. Keep cool.
        Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Morning all - getting hotter here too
          Not sure what today holds here yet. I bought a couple of books for myself on strength training. I'm trying to get my core back in shape (and boy does it need it!), so that my metabolism will increase. I do realize just how much sugar I had been consuming before a month ago - no wonder that I was feeling quite icky much of the time!! It's quite amazing how much better I feel in a month's time of tracking EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth. The app I'm using also breaks down the macro nutrients, so I can see and balance every aspect of it - it's almost like a full time job But seriously, I'm sleeping better, feeling better, and the buggy Plantar Fasciitis is diminishing.
          I really want to get back into my sewing room - 4 months is too long of a break! We'll see if I can get in there today...

Hugs to all, and have a great day!

Comment

Happy Friday to All ~ Today I'll be recuperating from that 3 hrs. of hard labor (flower bed weeding) that I did yest. I've got sore muscles today! While it's cooler, I'll run out to get some garden soil & additives for that flower bed. Maybe by tomorrow I'll have enough energy to work the soil & replant. If not, it can wait till Mon.

I was glad to get the latest baby quilt sandwiched & basted yest. afternoon. I started the FMQ & got at least half or more done. I'm doing an echoed tear drop pattern which goes quickly. I plan to do edge-to-edge this time, which will include the border.

It was 102 here yest. It's supposed to be hot all week. Of course, around here they say, "Oh, it's dry heat!" Right! Even though we don't have that Midwestern humidity, it's still plenty hot. The evaporative cooler keeps the house comfortable.

I hope everyone has a good week end.

Comment

Sunny and hot in Orange County - same old, same old.

My kids gave me a Quisinart Ice Cream Maker for a gift one year. My first attempt was a total failure. For some reason the custard didn't freeze. I told Joe I was going to try one more time and if I failed off to charity it would go. WELL, I made the most delicious, creamy vanilla ice cream with that contraption. I followed America's Test Kitchen's recipe. I guess I'll be keeping it. Not that we need to be eating lots of ice cream but for gatherings it will be fun to serve homemade. My plan is to try making coffee ice cream and strawberry. We'll see how it goes.

Working on a wall hanging for my family room to replace a very old faded one - so far so good. I'm in love with reproduction fabrics so that's what I'm using to make this. It's a variation on the Feathered Star. I'm using the quarter and half square Fons and Porter ruler, oversizing the patches. Boy, that sure does make all the difference when it comes to putting it all together. Worth the little bit of extra time it takes.

Have a good weekend. Stay cool if you can.
              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Hot here too - suppose it is all across the country. I love the person who invented air conditioning.
                My first thought upon awakening today was that I didn't have any major plans and I could plant my butt in the chair to sew. Then my husband decided that he had a few minutes to look at the washer which is taking an hour and a half to fill up for the 2nd time and while he was at it, cleaned out the dryer vent. The part for the washer is ordered in the meantime, the washer and dryer will sit in the middle of the kitchen until the part comes next week. I should know better than to ask him on wash day
                Then, my daughter gets out of bed. She wants to move into the basement bedroom which means move son #2's stuff upstairs - vacuum the basement bedroom - vacuum the stairs - move her stuff downstairs - vacuum the upstairs bedroom - then move son #2's stuff into her old room.
                Do they ever move out with all their stuff and not come back?
                Off to squish the clothes the old fashioned way in the kitchen sink to wash what I planned to do today and get them outside to dry. Maybe I will get to sew tonight.
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

We are up to 108 degrees so far today. Yesterday we topped out at 115. Weather like this is stay in the house weather. I'm working on getting thing together to enter into the county fair. I have made 5 quilts this year but only one is quilted. Two of them have been at a quilter since January and she promised them to be ready by May. Just a bit sad and frustrated over this. She does such good work that we just put up with the nonsense. I will enter my Farm Girl Vintage king size quilt and then several wall hangings.

Comment

Oh my - I thought 95 degrees was hot here! I'm happy to be home today. I have been in the hospital this week - I had pancreatitis and had to have my gallbladder removed. Not in my plans for the week but now it's over and I'm home. Looking forward to catching up with what you all have been doing. I'll be off work for a couple of weeks so I'm hoping that I might feel well enough to sew a little bit here and there. Keep cool, everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Cokie View Post
                      Oh my - I thought 95 degrees was hot here! I'm happy to be home today. I have been in the hospital this week - I had pancreatitis and had to have my gallbladder removed. Not in my plans for the week but now it's over and I'm home. Looking forward to catching up with what you all have been doing. I'll be off work for a couple of weeks so I'm hoping that I might feel well enough to sew a little bit here and there. Keep cool, everyone.
                      Ouch that sounds painful. I hope that you have a smooth recovery and are able to find some time to sew for a bit.

Comment

Hope you are feeling better soon, Cokie. Don't do too much too soon.
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Hoping you heal quickly, Cokie.
                          Cindy

Comment

Working...
                          X