• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kderr
    replied
    Re: Unwanted guest in my sewing room

AHHHH..Thank the Lord I didn't just find the skin
    Originally posted by Kenz View Post
    I will take a snake over an eight legged arachnid any day. I nearly vomit when I see pictures of those creepy things. And no way can I touch a picture of one! Finding the snake was a good thing. Just imagine if you had only found a skin.

Leave a comment:

• kderr
    replied

It was a garter snake. Not poisonous but to me that doesn't matter neither.
    Originally posted by cv quilter View Post
    AWFUL!!! I do not like snakes.....AT ALL!!! What no one has asked yet is what kind of snake was it? Do you know if it was poisonous? Wouldn't matter to me what kind really, don't want any in my house/sewing room/garage, anywhere near me, but wonder if you know what kind it was.
    Last edited by kderr; July 27, 2016, 07:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kderr
    replied

That is my fear that there are more. I just haven't seen them yet and we have way too many places for them to hide in the basement.
    Originally posted by TMP View Post
    Omg I have chills running down my back. My sewing room is in the basement. I can't think of another creature I am more scared of . I would have had a heart attack . We have killed them outside but never in the house. You know what when there is one there is two.

Leave a comment:

• kderr
    replied

Bleach - I'll take stock in bleach if it will work on garter snakes
    Originally posted by bubba View Post
    If you dump bleach on the ground, then soak over it with water, they will come to the surface. MM used to put a pitchfork in the ground and hook it up to a battery and shock them to crawl out.

Leave a comment:

• kderr
    replied

Trust me by heart did skip a couple beats as I was sucking in air and trying to get my wits about me.
    Originally posted by quiltingtrish
    I would have died.
    Pat - too funny! As you others are too.
    No, seriously, I would have died. From the heart attack it would have given me.

Leave a comment:

• kderr
    replied

LOL

Leave a comment:

• kderr
    replied

Mice I can deal with they do not slither. There is no food source down there. I truly believe it came in through a basement window. I just hope there are no more that might have babies.
    Originally posted by auntiemern View Post
    Glad you got rid of it. It doesn't take much of a hole for them to get it. I would be a little concerned as to what they were after (mice). They will not go where there is no food source. Get rid of the source, and you won't have more coming in.

Leave a comment:

• shirleyknot
    replied

Who would have thought a snake would get so much attention on a quilting forum?

Leave a comment:

• carolynrae
    replied

I just had a tarantula in my kitchen two nights ago....omgosh...I screamed....I know they won't attack unless they are threatened but I had just turned on the kitchen light and took a step and looked down and there it was almost touching my foot. I called my hubby but those things can move fast when they want to and it flew across the floor and hide under the cabinets. He got stuck on one of my glue traps so we got him the next day. A couple years ago I had a California King in my food pantry, my husband put him out in the yard, they are good to have around. And, the year before that a Rattle Snake on the front porch, John shot his head off and we cut the rattle off for the grand kids. I live in the desert we have lots of critters.

Leave a comment:

• Kenz
    replied

I will take a snake over an eight legged arachnid any day. I nearly vomit when I see pictures of those creepy things. And no way can I touch a picture of one! Finding the snake was a good thing. Just imagine if you had only found a skin.

Leave a comment:

• snippet
    replied

omg, this sent shivers up my spine and I'm quivering all over! I hate snakes too.

Just the other day, my friend found a baby snake in her hallway. I screamed when she told me..... if it was a baby there are probably more somewhere!

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

Originally posted by cv quilter View Post
    AWFUL!!! I do not like snakes.....AT ALL!!! What no one has asked yet is what kind of snake was it? Do you know if it was poisonous? Wouldn't matter to me what kind really, don't want any in my house/sewing room/garage, anywhere near me, but wonder if you know what kind it was.
    Even if it was a dead snake, IT'S STILL A SNAKE!!! I was telling MM about this and he was dying. When I told him how fast the dog made it up the stairs, I thought he was going to spew coke out his nose! He knows if there was one in our house, I too, would be at a hotel/motel/our lake place and I would never, ever return!!! EVER!!!!

Years ago, there was a pet snake that got loose in one of the big apartment complexes here and it would pop up on random apartments after going thru the pipes. I had to send deputies out one night and they asked for the sergeant, knowing he hated snakes as much as I do!! They told him they had caught it and put it in their trunk and it was now somewhere in their car and they could not find it anywhere.....he told them to have it towed to the garage and they could find it in the morning! Of course, they were just messing with him.

Leave a comment:

• SallyO'Sews
    replied

I would not be doing any laundry, either. I think I'd be going out and buying lots of underwear and socks!

Leave a comment:

• cv quilter
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied

Originally posted by easyquilts View Post
    I won't look, either...
    It looks like a skinny worm, about 7'' long. Your a wimp too. lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X