Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yesterday is a cancelled check, today is a check you are writing and tomorrow is a blank check.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday is a cancelled check, today is a check you are writing and tomorrow is a blank check.

I got a call at 6:30 am this morning from a friend in St. Louis. My friends husband had a massive heart attack a week ago yesterday. He passed away during the night.

My friend is 56 and Steve was 47. First marriage for both of them. They were together for 12 years. Steve weighed over three hundred pounds, three years ago he decided to do something about it and had the weight loss surgery. He lost down to about 175 pounds. Even though he worked to get healthier I guess the damage was done.

They married late in life and had no children. But the one thing I know about them is they constantly held hands, had date nights, told each other how much they loved each other and cared for the each other physically and emotionally.

If you are lucky enough to have someone in your life you love, be sure to tell them. I mean spouse, significant other, children, nieces or nephews. Even if it is just someone you care a lot about take the time to let them know.

None of us knows the length of time we have to share with our loved ones so make every day count.

Re: Yesterday is a cancelled check, today is a check you are writing and tomorrow is a blank check.

So sorry for your loss....your advice is right on!
    Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Re: Yesterday is a cancelled check, today is a check you are writing and tomorrow is a blank check.

Sorry to hear this sad news. I'm glad, though, that they had this time together sharing in a very happy marriage. Not everyone is so lucky.
      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Bob i'm so sorry for your loss.It sounds like they were a very lucky couple and loved each other very much.
        :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Bob, so sorry for your loss. Thank you for the reminder of how precious the moments with our love ones and friends are.

I am so thankful for all of the wonderful friends that I have gotten to know on this forum.

Comment

Bob, so sorry for your loss. Time is precious.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

So sorry for your loss, Bob. Each day is a gift to be treasured.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

So sorry for your loss Bob. ((((hugs))))
                Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!

Comment

So sorry for your loss. It sounds like your friend and her husband made the most of the time they had together. Thank you for your wonderful words reminding us about how precious each day is.
                  Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Sorry for your loss Bob. A dear friend of mine had harsh words with a family member one day only to never get the opportunity to make amends as the the family member passed away suddenly later that day. Never leave a conversation or a moment on a "bad note" no matter how hard it often may be.....you're so right Bob, treasure and honour each other, every day.

Comment

So sorry for your loss, Bob.

They may not have had quantity, but they certainly had quality. I pray peace and comfort for all who knew and loved him.
                      Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

I still love you, boB, even if Momma loved you best!!

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs!!
                        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Furst, I am so dirty fir your friend's terrible loss... Stay close to her... She will need you...

I lost my dear husband if 46 years on Jsnuary 8th, 2014.... The very last wields we exchanged were "I love you".. We didn't know we had only minutes...

We never parted without saying those three little words.... Ever... I make sure my kids and grandkids hear those words from me, too.

You just never know...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

What sad news. Bob, Lately you can't seem to get a break from the bad news. Sending prayers for your friend and you too as you deal with this sadness and asking for brighter days ahead for you.

Comment

Bob, sorry for your loss. Your words are right on. ((Hugs))). Kathy
                              All quilts cat tested and approved.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X