X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alliek
    replied
    Re: Asking for Prayers

Thanks for everyone's advice and prayers. They are heartening and give her hope. Bless this forum and all it's members, you are like a giant hug!

Leave a comment:

• RockinLou
    replied

Prayers and good wishes for her, I have been unemployed and struggled to find work, it isn't easy. Not much I can add to the great advice about.

Leave a comment:

• GaGa
    replied

Prayers and good wishes for your daughter. She sounds like a hard worker and, as someone who recently reviewed 28 applications for a receptionist/general office manager, those individuals can be difficult to find so I pray someone will see that she would be an asset and hire her!

Leave a comment:

• stationarymom
    replied

Prayers being sent.This might be a good time to consider night school,or maybe go to welfare office to see what they can do to help her get her education.

Leave a comment:

• Cokie
    replied

Absolutely I will pray. I was in the same position several years ago. I finally went to a temp agency and worked for a year at the company where I work now before I was hired on in a permanent position. Until something else comes along, a temp agency can be a good way to get a foot in the door, especially in certain occupations like admin assistants or in a tough job market where there might be a lot of applicants for a few jobs. She might also contact the unemployment office to see if she is eligible for any training or tuition assistance. My husband lost his job last year and has been able to find only part-time employment, and he has been eligible for some tuition assistance to take online classes toward a degree. Best wishes for your daughter to find the perfect job for her!

Leave a comment:

• seaturtle
    replied

Prayers for your DD that the right opportunity will come along.

Leave a comment:

• SallyO'Sews
    replied

Praying, my quilty friend.

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

I'm praying for doors to open for your DD and for her to have favor when she interviews.

Leave a comment:

• Suzette
    replied

Praying for your daughter!

Leave a comment:

• sewbizzy
    replied

Sending prayers!

Leave a comment:

• JCY
    replied

The job market is tough. I hope your dau. will find just the right job soon. My 47 y.o. son was out of work for several mos. when his warehouse closed. He was the mgr. He finally found work. My 48 y.o. DIL had problems finding just the right fit, as well. She had tons of experience in secretarial/office admin. management, but has no degree -- only HS. She made herself more marketable by taking a lot of on-line classes. She now heads up an HR dept. with her current co. & really likes her job. Sending up some prayers for your dau. not to become discouraged, but keep pursuing opportunities. The right opportunity will open up.

Leave a comment:

• alliek
    replied

Yes, she wants to do this. Right now I think she is still in kind of a shock. She has been working since she is 15 and has never been unemployed, so this "downsizing layoff" was a shock. She is trying to get things together and research everything, but yes her going back to school for her degree is definitely on the agenda. Thanks for your concern.

Leave a comment:

• easyquilts
    replied

I pray that your daughter eill find the right opportunity.... This might even be a good time to go get that B.S, or B.A.... It doesn't matter how old our kids get,,, we still worry....

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
    My dd has an associates degree in logistics (having to do with shipping). She has had good luck getting placements through an agency here in the midwest called Manpower. She has 6 yrs work experience at 3 different employers, changed jobs for moving. The down side is it is contract employment so no insurance or paid vacation. She makes about $20/hour. She is finally pretty high up at her current job so she will finally be in the next round of his for permanent employment where she will be entitled to benefits but they have a hiring freeze on now and she doesn't know when that be lifted. Unfortunately companies are gravitating big time toward contract work and/or part time only. I wish her luck. Keep us posted please--
    Things are drastically different out here it seems when it comes to contract work! MM has done a lot of contract work in the past in the field of computers. The companies would pay whomever he was being contracted thru 2x whatever MM was being paid, normally $50 or more an hour. It did not include benefits, but we had them thru my job. The company who placed him got the remained of the $$. It would seem to me if a company can afford to pay $100 (or more) an hour (and his were always long term contracts of a couple years or more), that they could afford to hire someone and pay benefits. It makes no sense to me.

Good luck to your daughter.

Leave a comment:

• source of joy
    replied

Prayed for both of you...we're only as happy as our unhappiest child, well at least that's how it goes for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X