Asking for Prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asking for Prayers

My DD has been laid off of her job. She is getting very discouraged as she has not been able to secure employment. Her experience and resume and job performance are excellent. Her problem, most jobs no want a Bachelor's degree, she has an Associates. She has many decisions to make. She is her sole support and does not live close. I am concerned about her. She is 48 years old and getting depressed. Please pray that our Loving God find a solution for her. Thank you my friends.

Re: Asking for Prayers

Said a prayer for her - prayed that God will open doors for her and to give her peace through this time.
    ***Kathy***

Comment

Sending prayers..Could she do both...work and go back to school to get her bachelors?
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

Prayers sent!

Jeannette

Comment

Praying for her.

Comment

My dd has an associates degree in logistics (having to do with shipping). She has had good luck getting placements through an agency here in the midwest called Manpower. She has 6 yrs work experience at 3 different employers, changed jobs for moving. The down side is it is contract employment so no insurance or paid vacation. She makes about $20/hour. She is finally pretty high up at her current job so she will finally be in the next round of his for permanent employment where she will be entitled to benefits but they have a hiring freeze on now and she doesn't know when that be lifted. Unfortunately companies are gravitating big time toward contract work and/or part time only. I wish her luck. Keep us posted please--

Comment

Said a prayer

Comment

Prayed for both of you...we're only as happy as our unhappiest child, well at least that's how it goes for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                  My dd has an associates degree in logistics (having to do with shipping). She has had good luck getting placements through an agency here in the midwest called Manpower. She has 6 yrs work experience at 3 different employers, changed jobs for moving. The down side is it is contract employment so no insurance or paid vacation. She makes about $20/hour. She is finally pretty high up at her current job so she will finally be in the next round of his for permanent employment where she will be entitled to benefits but they have a hiring freeze on now and she doesn't know when that be lifted. Unfortunately companies are gravitating big time toward contract work and/or part time only. I wish her luck. Keep us posted please--
                  Things are drastically different out here it seems when it comes to contract work! MM has done a lot of contract work in the past in the field of computers. The companies would pay whomever he was being contracted thru 2x whatever MM was being paid, normally $50 or more an hour. It did not include benefits, but we had them thru my job. The company who placed him got the remained of the $$. It would seem to me if a company can afford to pay $100 (or more) an hour (and his were always long term contracts of a couple years or more), that they could afford to hire someone and pay benefits. It makes no sense to me.

Good luck to your daughter.
                  pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I pray that your daughter eill find the right opportunity.... This might even be a good time to go get that B.S, or B.A.... It doesn't matter how old our kids get,,, we still worry....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Yes, she wants to do this. Right now I think she is still in kind of a shock. She has been working since she is 15 and has never been unemployed, so this "downsizing layoff" was a shock. She is trying to get things together and research everything, but yes her going back to school for her degree is definitely on the agenda. Thanks for your concern.

Comment

The job market is tough. I hope your dau. will find just the right job soon. My 47 y.o. son was out of work for several mos. when his warehouse closed. He was the mgr. He finally found work. My 48 y.o. DIL had problems finding just the right fit, as well. She had tons of experience in secretarial/office admin. management, but has no degree -- only HS. She made herself more marketable by taking a lot of on-line classes. She now heads up an HR dept. with her current co. & really likes her job. Sending up some prayers for your dau. not to become discouraged, but keep pursuing opportunities. The right opportunity will open up.

Comment

Sending prayers!
                          Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Praying for your daughter!
                            Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

I'm praying for doors to open for your DD and for her to have favor when she interviews.
                              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                              X