So it's Wednesday again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it's Wednesday again

Good morning. It is going to be another scorcher of a day today. I didn't find yesterday all that bad, except when I was cutting grass. We may or may not get some much needed rain. Laundry also got done yesterday and a little nap was had in the afternoon.

Not sure yet what today's agenda includes. I may just do nothing.

You all have a great day no matter what you do.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: So it's Wednesday again

Yesterday turned out to be the perfect day for mowing, so that's what I did for 5 hours. I got the front and back done and one of our lanes. Jeff will finish the rest. The storm we were supposed to get blew over but left a lot of clouds, so I didn't even get sunburned. We went out for Chinese food last night and their A/C unit was out....miserable. I really felt bad for the cooks.

I have some great material coming my way for some bags. Can't wait to get started on them!

Dottie and Olive are happy to stay indoors away from the heat. This summer I'm just using a coverlet on our bed, so they are allowed to get up there during the day to nap...just another layer of being more spoiled.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Wednesday. Be a blessing to someone today......
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Morning everyone

Monique- have a great day doing nothing....every once in a while, that's just what you need!
      Barb - glad you didn't get burned....that's a lot of mowing!

Today, I am running around trying to get organized to leave tomorrow. There is always so much last minute stuff to put together, but I will get through it. I would really like to finish my bionic bag today - I just have the last zipper to put in. It is not critical that I get it done, but I would like to take it with me if I can. Managed to get our whole itinerary on paper and on my cell phone yesterday with all the important telephone numbers, etc. Took a long time to make it logical...planes, buses, trains, different cities, different money. Went to the money exchange yesterday and saw my first Euro and British pound. They are VERY different from both Canadian and US money because the size changes with the demonination...makes sense, sort of!

Ok - time for the second cup of coffee and off I go! Hope to be back tomorrow but if not, I'll see you on Aug 1.

Blessings and hugs to all!
      Peggiep
      "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Good morning! Here in my nec of the woods it is overcast and cool. Way below seasonal norm...one good thing we have a bumper wild huckleberry crop this year!
        sigpic
        Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Oh and I went to a fabric store yesterday and fed my addiction...sigh! Got some great tone on tone red fabric!
          sigpic
          Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Good morning, friends.

Our modem was hit by lightening Sunday afternoon..........so we were "roughing it" until last night.......no internet access! I told my DH that I missed it because I didn't know what was going on in "Quilting Land." He just smiled and rolled his eyes.
            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Have a Great trip Peg, We want to see lots of photos when you get back.

Have my morning set as DH brought down a bunch of stuff from my quilt closet. I'm going through everything to decided what to keep (very little) and what to give away - hopefully lots go out the door as I need to pare down the quilting stuff I have accumulated over the years.

Will see what the afternoon brings, maybe some puttering with the potted plants on the back deck as they need some deadheading and a big drink of water.

Comment

Popping in to say a quick Hello.

Poor Scoot. His sugar was waaaay high, vet thinks he has an infection, his liver insicyms are higher and could be ....?....the problem. He got some antibiotics, antiinflammatories, and uped his insulin, temporary, until we can get it reguated again.

TY for all the sweet thought's, and prayers.

This is a bad time for things to go off the rails, because, my son JM is having his 21 B' Day next Thursday. You might say both of our kid's grew up with this little Doxie.
                Hoping, nothing goes bad, but especially, at this time. No, there never will be a good time, but you know where I'm coming from.....

I
                I'll be back in touch.....
                Blessing's to all.
                FB_IMG_1468278265646.jpg.

....Bee
                The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
                ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

morning all. Having a frustrating day here at work today. Have some large processes to get done that are time sensitive and the servers aren't cooperating and I'm getting error messages. Only a matter of hours before students start freaking out. I hate waiting on others to do their jobs so that I can do mine! Oh well...not much I can do so on to something else.

Today I managed to get my blood sugars down to 8.7! Only the second time I've gotten them below 9 since I started measuring! Fingers crossed I can start keeping it that way. I'd sure like to start feeling better and not so tired.

Nothing much else going on here...just trying to prep for vacation...lots to do and not much energy to do it!

sending love and hugs to all who need them!! xoxo

Comment

My "pack" of Dogs woke me way too early... it was storming outside and all the "bangers" had the 3 barking and trying to hide under MY covers. Think of a Chihuahua, poodle mix.. and a large Chow with me in a twin size bed. Not pretty!!

My kitchen is Clean, dishes done and put away. Cleaning the junk drawer is in progress, but I needed to take a break. Love coming here with my 2nd cuppa. Nice to get caught up on everyone's happenings. Ya'll are a bunch of busy little bees..

I have a few projects in the works.. binding to hand sew and one quilt done. Adding on to another quilt top so I can finish hand quilting it. And 4 donation quilts put together for my LA-er. Then its decorating the design board with more Orphan Blocks to get another top together .. "Man I love this HOBBY"... esp the challenge of putting those Orphans together.

Sending out hugs and blessings to all.
                    Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                    :icon_wave:

Comment

I have been extremely busy do check and read what's going on my beautiful niece would tell anyone she was engaged so she had the church arranged the dress ordered cake etc. Finally gave us notice abt 2 weeks ago ...getting married on Aug 10th. So been going crazy trying to get a quilt done. My sister will quilt it. Which is a good thing, as her brother is getting married on Sept 19, and my other niece is having her first baby the first part of Oct. I'm going crazy. So hello , will try to check back in

Comment

Working...
                      X