Froggin' Night Owl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froggin' Night Owl

This evening my buddy and I attended a frog and toad event at a local nature center park. We learned about the types found in Iowa and then walked down to the pond with nets and buckets. Some people caught frogs or tadpoles but we just found interesting bugs that they eat. I wore my wading boots but still managed to step off the bank and sink my right leg in up to my knee. It was a fun event. I walked up to the education building early to rinse off but my buddy stayed behind and they found a tree frog and also saw and heard a barred owl! He took photos on his phone so I did see those! Then we played a barred owl call on YouTube.

So, no sewing here this evening but yesterday I worked at finishing the bottom section of my sampler. I need to get two colors of floss that I ran out of.

So how are things in your woods? @,@

Re: Froggin' Night Owl

Hoot hoot when I read the title of this thread I first thought oh no..I thought for sure you had a seam ripper in your hand.It sounds like you had an interesting time.I've never seen an owl in real life that must have been really neat ,just knowing it was hiding in the trees around you.My father arrived here yesterday.I got the house cleaned to his standards of normal,we'll see how long it stays this way now.My niece is 12 and at gymnastics last night broke her ankle.The break was right at the growth plate ,but the Dr thinks it won't affect her growth as it heals.I haven't sewn anything since I've been getting ready for my Dads stay.He saw my fabric stash today I thought for sure he would have a mouth full to say,but nothing I was so surprised.
    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

I too thought that you were spending a lot of time with a seam ripper. Real frogs are much more fun.

Joan sorry to hear about your niece's ankle. I hope that it heals without any problems and that she will have physical therapy once it is healed. Doc said that I would not have had the trouble with my ankle so many times if I would have had therapy the first time that I had injuried it in high school.

Lots of laundry around here. The children came home from church camp today. So I tried to get their clothes washed up as they had some wet days between the weather and games. The only things left to wash are sleeping bags and pillows (which thankfully are dry as they are not getting washed tonight.) The fun part of the day was making a quick stop in Hamilton to pick up the beautiful layer cake that was the daily deal, having a delicious salad at Mama Hawk's, dh grabbed a burger from Js while the children had ice cream cones (they had already had lunch at camp). Then we were able to stop at two other quilt stores along the way for me to pick up two of the HWY 36 barn block pattern and two Row by Row kits. Dh and I mapped out how I could get the rest of the HWY 36 blocks - broke it down into three more trips as I want to be able to look a little at each store not just run in and ask for the pattern and leave.

Have a HOOT of a night

Comment

I also thought a seam ripper was involved. This sounds like a lot more fun.

Comment

Make that 4 votes for thinking this thread would have a seam ripper involved! Glad you had a good time.

Hoping that ankle will heal good as new - I agree with Charyti that PT will do a world of good.

Did Row by Row shopping today with my friend 2-doors-down who does not quilt ... yet. Although I grew up in Chicago I get lost when I try to get to the 'burbs so she goes along as my navigator. GPS always wants me to take the longer interstate routes when the local roads are quite a few miles less and travel time is only a minute or 2 longer. Will crank in a few more trips before heading back to North Carolina.

Hope y'all have a great weekend.

Comment

Working...
          X