Why I've disappeared from the forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I've disappeared from the forum

Some of you won't know me, but I'm an old-timer here. I used to be here every day and so enjoyed getting to know so many of you. You've all been so kind to me! It seems now all I can do is post a Show and Tell now and then.

When people disappear, I know from past experience they are missed and we all wonder what happened to them. Where did they go? Most times we never find out. I didn't want that to be the case with me.

Many of you know my brother Tommy died in March after a 6 month battle with brain cancer. So many of you blessed him with cards! It was the most wonderful outpouring of love I've ever seen. He and our whole family were so encouraged and strengthened with your love and kindness. I can never thank you guys enough. I kept each card and look forward to reading through them all again and again. They comforted my brother when he was dying, so they are precious to me.

My younger brother Andrew was diagnosed with terminal colon cancer 2 years ago. It has been hiding inside of him for years, but has just resurfaced with a vengeance. It is attacking his liver and he only has months to live. Thank God that we are a family with a strong faith! I don't know how else we would get through these days.

I'm overwhelmed with grief.

I miss you all.
    Attached Files
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Re: Why I've disappeared from the forum

Oh Cyndi - my heart pours out for you! Your family will be in my prayers.
    ***Kathy***

Comment

Oh, Cyndi ~ So sorry to get this news. You're probably not totally grief healed from Tommy. Now facing the loss of another brother. Life just is not fair. Thank goodness you are a family of strong faith. It's the only way we can get through the struggles of this life. God cares. He understands. He'll give us the strength to carry on. May you sense His peace & comfort as you work your way through this. Thoughts & prayers going your way.

Comment

Oh no not again. I don't know how you stand it except for the fact you have no choice. We all grieve with you and for you. You come and vent here any time you need to. I am so sorry.

Comment

Cyndi, my heart bleeds for you. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family,as you deal with this trial.

Comment

Cyndi, I'm so sorry to hear this. I can imagine you are still grieving for your other brother. Please know you have our love and support anytime you need it.
            Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

Cyndi,
              Missed seeing you. ....hope you will chime in, every chance you can. Maybe, we can help by being a distraction.....I know, for me, getting on here, helped me, to get out of my head,
              ( to stop thinking ) for a 'lil bit.

I feel your pain....
              I pray for you and your family, strength, and comfort , blessings to restore, and heal your grief stricken hearts. Godspeed.

(((( BIG HUGS )))), dear friend.

....Bee
              The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡sigpic
              ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Comment

Prayers said for you and your family. This is a difficult time, so you need to grieve in the ways that seem best to you. The forum will be here when you are ready or need us. Sometimes life happens and situations take us to other needs and places. Know that you will be missed and feel free to drop in whenever it works for you. Hold onto your family and God. He will get you through.

Comment

Oh, my dear, I am so sorry. May the Lord wrap His loving arms around you and Andrew and the rest of your loved ones as only He can. My younger brother is also Andrew, and I know that we remain protective of them in a certain way, long after we have passed our 50th and 60th birthdays! Will continue to keep you and yours in prayer, dear one.
                  Love, hugs, and blessings,
                  ~ Sally \0/

Comment

Oh, Cyndi.... I am so dirty to hear this terrible news... You and your family haven't even had time to grieve for Tommy... Facing the loss if another brother...so soon....is beyond belief.... Thankfully, yours is a faith filled family....

We will all be here for you.... Surrounding you with our prayers and love, and good thoughts...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Cyndi

I am so sorry to hear this! I can't imagine how devastating it is for you & your family! Know we are all praying for Andrew & you as well. God bless you all at this awful time.

Gina

Comment

Cyndi, I will continue to pray for you and your family...you deserve a break...I am so sorry..
                        Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

The prayers are coming, along with hugs to comfort you.
                          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Hugs and Best Wishes
                            He reminds me of Kevin Kline :-)
                            Preeti
                            http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Cyndi, I am so very sorry to hear of Andrew's cancer. You and your family are still reeling from Tommy's illness and death. I think you know that everyone here understands the anguish and sorrow you must be feeling. But don't stay away. Vent any time. There are many loving hearts on this forum who support you and all our dear members who are suffering.

Comment

Working...
                              X