a day I won't soon forget.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: a day I won't soon forget.....

Pat, this kind of information is never easy, even when you are expecting it, the shock will subside and you will handle this. July 26th is coming quick, thank goodness, you are not waiting months for more Dr. appointment and tests. One of the best things you can do for both of you is to be positive and not allow anyone negative to cloud you disposition. There is more to mind over matter than is given credit. When I had kidney cancer I had to tell my best friend that if she could not get on board with me going to be just fine, and do it right now, I could not see her until surgery and everything was done.
    Will keep both of you in my prayers and sending very positive vibes right at ya both.
    Kathy

Comment

What a shock you got! A suggestion for all future dr. visits. Go with him so there is a 2nd set of ears & eyes. Take a notebook with you & take notes! Have your questions/comments written down ahead of time & check them off as you go through them. Don't be afraid to ask questions & get clarification! It's the patient's right to know. The dr. also needs to know about family histories, & other pertinent info. Make sure you get copies of all lab test results, etc. & build you own file of info. You can inform yourself from doing web searches. Thoughts & prayers going your way.

Comment

Praying for a possitive outcome.
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

Prayers being said here.

Comment

Pat, I'm sending prayers for your husband and you...
            Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Got you and MM in my thoughts and prayers right now. Hoping for the very best outcome.

Comment

Prayers being said for a complete and speedy recovery. It is in our
                nature to worry. Just take one day at a time. Thank God for modern medicine.

Comment

Praying for healing and a wonderful outcome. Hang in. Stay strong. God Bless.

Comment

Keeping you in prayer during this difficult time. My husband will not allow me to go to the doctor with him, which frustrates me to no end. He's been known to cancel appointments just so I can't go with him. Wish he understood that I want to go out of a desire to help and to have the information that "I" might need if he is unable to provide it at some point, or to ask the questions he might not think about. He has some serious health issues and it would be so helpful to have some of the basic information in case of an emergency. I will pray for the best possible outcome and for peace for you.

Comment

Prayers to you and your husband. My husband had an unexpected bladder tumor. He's working on two years cancer free, but it was a long journey along the way. His thoughts were always positive. He had the the little "c", but he had the big C (Christ) that takes care of you and yours. We are both stronger because of his health problems.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear of this. We will be praying for your family.
                        Cindy

Comment

Write his doctor a letter telling him everything you think he needs to know then drop it off at the office. The other thing I did with my mother was take a tape recorder so I could listen again when my brain could focus. Also, it backed me up when Mom would argue that the dr didn't say something. Now, with my husband I have a thumb drive that records and then backs up onto the computer. Best thing I ever bought and cheap on Amazon.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh, Pat, I'm so sorry! I hope you will be encouraged to know that a good friend of ours also had bladder cancer a number of years ago, but is doing much better now. Lifting my voice to the chorus of prayer going up for both of you.

Also, if MM won't let you go to his appointments with him, has he at least signed a document of some sort to allow you to talk to his medical team? If he has, maybe you could make an appointment for a consultation with the Dr. so you could ask whatever questions you have, and MM wouldn't even have to be there.

Comment

Oh Pat - praying for you and MM...

Comment

Pat, I am so sorry to hear this very scary news. I do not understand why men will not tell their doctor things they really need to know. I go to the doctor with mine and I am always amazed that he doesn't tell them things that are bothering him that he has told me! So of course I speak up and say what he won't! Can be so frustrating.

I will keep you and your husband in my prayers. I know you must be so worried. I'm very sorry you two are having to go through this and pray that all goes well and that he will be just fine!! (And you too!)

Comment

Working...
                                X