Tornado!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tornado!

Sirens went off about 110 pm and cops were racing around with their lights on. Finally heard there was a tornado touchdown in a little bitty town about 5 miles away. We have the high winds, rain, tree limbs down but thank goodness that's all. This is the worst I've seen in my 10 yrs here. Hope it quiets down.
    sigpic

Re: Tornado!

I hope you're ok,where are you from? Make sure to stay safe.
    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Those sirens are scary!! Growing up, we spent every summer in the SE corner of South Dakota. Once we could see a tornado going across the prairie. My aunt said it was about 10 miles away, but it left a deep impression on me. When those sirens went off in the middle of the night, we were usually up the rest of the night because of the storm and being scared.

Stay safe....
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Glad that you are okay.

Comment

Scary, stay safe.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Tornados are scary. Stay safe.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

So glad you are OK... Having lived through having my town neatly sexy roger by a tornado...and hearing it go iver my house...I have a LOT of respect for tornados.... Not long ago, I took my two little dogs, and headed for the bathtub, as I have no basement...my main bathroom has no endowed, and is in the middle of my house....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

so glad you are safe!

Comment

Living in MO for 10 years I experienced 2 tornadoes, now I'm living in FL for 35 years and have gone thru several hurricanes. At least hurricanes you have time to prepare. Five miles is too close for comfort. Glad you escaped harm.
                  sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Comment

So glad to hear you are safe. The storms missed us yesterday, but the last 2 days we were hit with high winds on top of all the rain. I picked up sticks for over 5 hours yesterday!

Comment

Working...
                    X