Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Wednesday, which makes it HUMP DAY!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Wednesday, which makes it HUMP DAY!!

Yay it's Wednesday, one day closer to Friday. I had a lovely surprise last night. I was on my way to the neighbour's when I met up with a friend and she took me out for dinner. Mind you I live next door to a restaurant BUT, it was nice just the same.

So I have today and tomorrow to work this week. Then I am off on my road trip. Les is also going on a trip to Lake Champlain for golfing this weekend also. We both return on Monday.

Going strong on the quilting this week as I am usually done my work around 9:30-10. The rest of the day is mine.

That's about it for today. Looks like another beautiful day here.

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: It's Wednesday, which makes it HUMP DAY!!

Good morning folks
    Up and at em early, as hubby has an early (er) schedule right now... I may lay down for a few minutes though - went to bed kinda late last night!
    Nothing too crazy today. Some cleaning, shopping, gym, etc.. Who knows, maybe I'll even get a bit of sewing in!!

Have a great day all...

Comment

Morning Everyone,

As expected we had a very long day in court yesterday. The tenant we are suing didn't show, so we were awarded an interlocutory judgment for possession. She will either be moved out by the 19th or the Sheriff will come and remove her and her belongings. Then (and only then) can we enter our apartment to see the scope of the damages and bring them back to the court next month when the monetary judgment will take place. We were told by another tenant that the floor of the small bedroom (upstairs) is completely GONE!!! We are a long way from being done with this matter. The thing about this is that she doesn't work and when she does, she normally works part time at liquor stores or bars until she is fired. You can't get blood out of a turnip, but it will be a good thing to have on record to warn future prospective landlords.

Okay, on a nicer note, I'm ready to sew the borders onto the Flutterby quilt. I have the inner border cut but I'm debating about the outer. I'm so glad I can sew....it's a great diversion from the cares of life.

Wishing everyone a great Wednesday.....Hugs All Around.
      Last edited by Bubby; July 6, 2016, 05:17 AM.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
        Morning Everyone,

As expected we had a very long day in court yesterday. The tenant we are suing didn't show, so we were awarded an interlocutory judgment for possession. She will either be moved out by the 19th or the Sheriff will come and remove her and her belongings. Then (and only then) can we enter our apartment to see the scope of the damages and bring them back to the court next month when the monetary judgment will take place. We were told by another tenant that the floor of the small bedroom (upstairs) is completely GONE!!! We are a long way from being done with this matter. The thing about this is that she doesn't work and when she does, she normally works part time at liquor stores or bars until she is fired. You can't get blood out of a turnip, but it will be a good thing to have on record to warn future prospective landlords.

Okay, on a nicer note, I'm ready to sew the borders onto the Flutterby quilt. I have the inner border cut but I'm debating about the outer. I'm so glad I can sew....it's a great diversion from the cares of life.

Where's Judge Judy when you need her?
        Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
        it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Good Morning all. Going to be a hot one today. I think we will be heading to the beach for a while this morning. We had a nice day yesterday. Went to a couple lqs and I looked at some embroidery machines. The first quilt store I stopped at doesn't sell machines any longer but recommended the second one. I had never been to that one before and I liked it a lot. The woman there was very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Got some good info on two different machines. Of course, I did get the row x rows at both shops.
          Then we headed to a cute little town on the water and wandered around for a bit them stopped for a late lunch then headed home and just hung around the rest of the day.

Hubby is up now so it's time to get going. Have a great day all.
          Last edited by Ginny B; July 6, 2016, 05:48 AM.
          Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Morning all,
            Up and out early this morning, our breakfast group decided to get together today. Pancakes, yum!
            Barb, so glad your sewing brings you comfort when things get hard.
            Ginny, I was in Patchworks yesterday picking up some supplies. Some day we'll run into each other there!
            Working on the last 30 orange peels, yay! Yesterday I fused two and stitched them down to the background. I was happy with how they turned out. So here's to the huge pile still waiting to be done.
            Looks to be another hot muggy one today. A good day to be indoors where it's cooler.
            Gotta get moving, waiting to hear if my sister is coming out today, I sure hope so I look forward to her visits.
            If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Good Morning to All,

It's another rainy morning in Central Illinois. I have a couple appointments today but my goal is to spend as much time as possible in my sewing room. I have been on a self imposed fabric diet but today's daily deal was too hard to resist. I was looking through fabric the other day and wondered what ever happened to using true red and green as Christmas colors. This is just perfect. I ordered the charm pack, layer cake and two yard of a light print. So much for using half of what I have until I buy more!!!

I've attached a couple pictures of our quilt shop's Row by Row. I would like to make a quilt in a camper theme so if any of your LQS has a camper theme Row by Row could you personal message me.

My daughter is getting married July 23. I feel like I should be doing more, or at least be stressed out, but things are very calm. The only stress is waiting and wondering if our grandson, the ring bearer, will attend.

I have several quilts for show and tell, just need to get photo's taken when the sun is shining!

Blessings to all,

Robin

13413514_990009984446465_7492835095617923709_n.jpg13406720_990009994446464_2477119295900018288_n.jpg
              Robin
              My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Comment

OH, Wednesday, What's in store for me today? Probably an early nap as I had a restless night. Did a little too much yesterday and my knees were aching during the night. Been up for awhile and they feel better after moving around a bit. It's such a pleasant morning that I feel like sitting on the deck with my coffee and listen to the birds chirping. Wonder what they are saying to each other?

Barb, Sounds as if your tenant gets fired from her liquor store jobs because she drinks more than she sells.

Monique, What a pleasant surprise, meeting a friend and going out to dinner with her. Makes me realize that I haven't been running into friends and neighbors when I'm out and about in town. Been trying to talk DH into attending one of the bi-monthly seniors meetings in our town's recreation center see if we can reconnect with some others and maybe participate in some of their activities like bus trips. I think what turns him off is after the general meeting the group plays Bingo, maybe he can hook up the the guys and play cards or something.

Comment

Happy Wednesday everyone!
                  I'm a little late this morning...it was such a beautiful morning (although very hot, very early) that I decided to have my coffee on the deck instead of at the computer. Watched to woodpeckers, hummingbirds and cardinals flutter around and just enjoyed the tranquility before I get down to working my buns off today.

Tomorrow my Crafty friends are coming and I have a lot of prep to complete...baking, cleaning, rearranging the furniture so we can all set up our sewing machines on the dining room table, plus have somewhere to have coffee and lunch. NOT complaining. I love it when we get together! We have all cut out a "Bionic Gear Bag" and plan to put them all together tomorrow. Its the first time we have actually worked on a project together. Most of the time, we do individual projects to work on.

Yesterday, I have a fun day shopping with my daughter and sister-in-law for our trip. We haven't done that for many years and we had a blast!

Well, my second cup of coffee is finished so I had better get at it.

Hope everyone has a great day. Hugs and prayers to all!
                  Peggiep
                  "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                    Morning Everyone,

What a nightmare Barb! I have a friend who owns a lot of rental property. He shares his video walk through so when he goes in with the sheriff to evict. The destruction is just incredible, not to mention the filth they leave. What possesses people to act like that? I'll never get it. That is why I am trying to sell my rental home, not rent it out again, I don't want the hassle of dealing with renters.

Good luck to you on resolving this.

Comment

Good morning all

Another hot, hot day coming along here. It sure would be nice to store some of this heat for when we are complaining in February but I really do love the summer weather, it just seems like we have such extremes.

I worked on my Jacob's Ladder quilt yesterday (a UFO that I haven't looked at in more than a year). As it turns out, it is more complete than I thought so I started working. All the blocks are pieced now so I am going to start to put it together today AFTER I clean the fridge. I set that job as my goal for today and so I will start it very soon so I can get into my sewing room.

Nice surprise Monique for dinner. Will the strike affect you? I know you won't have mail but will you have to picket? Bubby, what a mess-I can't believe how some people have so little regard for property and think it is OK to destroy someone else's property. Who or why would you do this to the place you live? Robin, so nice to hear from you. I am sure your daughter's wedding will be beautiful and very happy to hear a wedding story where everyone is not stressed to the max.

I need to get going so I can get my chores done and ready for the sewing room.

Hope everyone has a great day and you all get to play with your sewing machine.
                      Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

Oh Barb, I'm so sorry to hear about the mess. It truly boggles my mind how some people live and the disrespect they have not only for others property but for themselves to live like animals. I just can't comprehend it. I get being poor...been there myself! But I never once disrespected where I lived. I hope you can get some compensation...if not from her then maybe from insurance? Congrats on your daughters wedding...at least THAT is something wonderful to look forward to!

It's looking like it's gonna rain soon around here but I don't have a headache so not sure. I hope it holds off at least until Saturday as Liam will be camping tomorrow night with his Naturalist in Training group. Two weeks until we leave on vacation and I have sooooo much to do. uhg. Hoping to get it all done this weekend!

Sending love and hugs to all! xox

Comment

Ginny - do you live on Long Island? Do you go to Jones Beach? My grandfather took us there every summer and I sure miss it. The sandy hot dogs, the old roller rink, the swimming pool, the beach with the cute lifeguards, the outdoor Jones Beach theater where we would watch a musical at night on the water followed by Big Band music playing inside where we would stand on my grandfathers toes to dance. Ahhh, the memories.

Oh my, Barb. No floor in the bedroom? I don't understand how people can be like that either. I do hope you get your money somehow from her when the damages are added up.

I sewed from 1 yesterday afternoon until 10 last night putting 80 colorful 10" squares together. Today I need to hit the stash to find a backing and hopefully I will get it basted while the kitties are sleeping. I really don't need their help.

Off for another day. Hope everyone has a great one.
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                          http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                          http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

I will attempt to get some more seams sewn this morning before the rest of the events of the day.
                            Em started summer school, or tried to, yesterday. The teacher forgot to flip the power switch on to the charging cart for the Chrome Books. The entire learning program is computer based, and he had no computers ready for the kids to use. He didn't seem to have anything else ready either. Ugh. I hope he isn't Em's teacher for the fall.
                            It looks like another grey day here. Not our usual post-4th of July weather for sure! Let's hope it burns off a little later.
                            You all have a good one!
                            Hugs, Cathy
                            Be who you are and say what you feel
                            because those who mind don't matter,
                            and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

Monique ,
                              Enjoy your weekend excursion!
                              Beck

Comment

Working...
                              X