Totally grossed out!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally grossed out!!

I went to Hancock's today to take advantage of the 70% off. When I got home I wanted to put the fabric in my cabinet opened up the bag and out crawled the biggest roach I have ever seen!! We have a pest service and I have never seen one in the house. I tried to kill it and the thing ran off and I can't find it. grrr

Re: Totally grossed out!!

OMG I would be totally freaked out!!!

Comment

UGH - gross is right!

Comment

EEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWW
        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
        Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

Oh, yuck! Totally gross.... Call the store!

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Disgusting. Yes, call the store and tell them!

Comment

OH, What a shock! Haven't seen one since we moved to Jersey. They were ever present in our Brooklyn apartment as our landlord never had the whole building treated, so we tenants would spray our apartments but they only ran to the next floor.

Comment

Oh gross!!! I hate those things. You might consider some roach spray in the area where it disappeared unless you have a pet to be concerned about.
                Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

How gross, I hate those filthy things. I've heard boric acid will rid of roaches. I've never had a need to try it.
                  sigpicLinda :icon_wave:

Comment

We had them in base housing in California and there was nothing to do to get rid of then. When we lived in Okinawa, you would see them, and those were the kings of all cockroaches!!! They were about 3" long, some were longer, and I swear they were armor plated! You could stomp on them with heavy shoes and they would carry you across the floor! Raid did nothing to them. At least we only saw four or five in the year we lived there!
                    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Ick! so sorry. I know how you feel. It's hard to forget that it's there some where. We had little tiny mice in my sewing room and they freaked me out. Finally set traps (traditional, sticky traps, humane traps) and think we got rid of them. Not much difference in a mouse or a roach...they are all nasty. Hope you are able to spray and eventually find it dead so you can rest. In the meantime, call the store and tell them about it. Must have been nested or hiding in the folds of the fabric??? Or the bag???
                      A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

Roaches love paper bags, cardboard, and such. Fabric, not so much. And yes, the boric acid works. Ace hardware sells it ready-to-use for roaches.

Comment

You were lucky to have just a few in your quarters, bubba. We had hundreds in our quarters in Japan, and a lot in Pensacola. I refused to go in the kitchen at night if the light was off! They would scatter in all directions! The Navy sprayed regularly, and would come out anytime you called them. Anyway, I put everything in sealed containers, even the dog food. And we left the light on in the kitchen all night. They didn't come into other parts of the house very often. When we came back stateside I unpacked all the cartons outside. My neighbors thought I was crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Navy Wife View Post
                            You were lucky to have just a few in your quarters, bubba. We had hundreds in our quarters in Japan, and a lot in Pensacola. I refused to go in the kitchen at night if the light was off! They would scatter in all directions! The Navy sprayed regularly, and would come out anytime you called them. Anyway, I put everything in sealed containers, even the dog food. And we left the light on in the kitchen all night. They didn't come into other parts of the house very often. When we came back stateside I unpacked all the cartons outside. My neighbors thought I was crazy!
                            The ones in Okinawa were like small dinosaurs!!! The ones on Camp Pendleton were at the biggest an inch, and went all the way down to about 1/8". Those were in the kitchen by the thousands!!!! If I had been smart, I'd have bought stock in Raid! They would spray for us too, but it only made a difference for about a week, if that. I'd leave our lights on too!

One night, MM had left a two liter bottle of soda open on the counter. He went to take a swig out of it and a swimming roach went in his mouth!!!!! I think it was a good ten years before he drank from a bottle again!
                            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

The big ones in Hawaii fly.
                              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
                              X