Margarita Night Owl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Margarita Night Owl

Hoot hoot! The Cayman Jack I'm sipping, along with some antihistamine, will probably put me to sleep soon, but I hope all the owls are enjoying a nice summer night! We got some garden work done today in the cool weather. Usually I don't want to pull weeds because I don't like working in the summer heat and humidity, but I realized that if this seventy degree July weather isn't good enough, it will never be good enough weather! Also my buddy helped, so that makes it more entertaining. How are things with yooooooou?

Re: Margarita Night Owl

Hoot hoot Sounds like you may be having a happy night.I hope you sleep well tonight.We had thunderstorms tonight and poor Sterling didn't know what to do with himself.The dog is afraid of loud noises,I've gotten him to be not so afraid about some noises by talking to him or pointing to what is making the noise like trucks,school buses,etc...Does anyone have ideas to help when he is afraid?
    I haven't felt great the last few days,nothing terrible just enough to cause me to have at least a seizure a day so I haven't sewn anything.
    :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Oh it has been kind of a bad week. Just got home from work and trying to forget my troubles. My dog has not eaten for two days and keeps throwing up. Just got him to eat a half a piece of bread and about a half cup of plain rice. He seemed so hungry. Now I just hope he can keep that down. Just about every square inch of our house is carpeted, I do hope I wake up tomorrow and the dog is better and there's no new surprises waiting for me to clean up. I worry about the dog being stuck on a holiday weekend c when a vet is unavailable.

Also my DD came to me for advice today. Trouble in paradise. Her fiance wants to break up with her, she will do anything to make it work (counseling etc) but he says no he is done. She is devastated. They just bought a house together three months ago. Jeez if only I could fix things and convince him to stick it out a little longer but I don't even know if he will talk to me. Life is sure complicated sometimes. So I am a little sad right now and can only hope these two things have happy endings. If anyone has advice to give me, bring it on. Thanks for letting me vent.

Comment

Joan, you might consider trying a Thundershirt for Sterling. A local vet says the shirt has been very successful with dogs and loud noises. I found some on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...l_2cu3p6hgef_e

Joan, also sorry to hear about not having good days.

Thursday was a miserably hot humid day. Several times it looks as though it could storm even watched the storm clouds quickly built but the rain went to the east of us and we were left with humidity.

Today was a much nice day to be outside. We had cooler temperatures that are suppose to continue through the weekend. But look out for next week as the temperatures get near 100F plus we have humidity to deal with. So hopefully, I will get to spend most of the week inside sewing.

Comment

You can do a criss-cross wrap with a scarf and see if that helps with your dog. I would work like a "Thundershirt" without the cost. And if you didn't have a scarf I'm sure a couple of strips of fabric sewn together would work.

http://barkpost.com/diy-anxiety-wrap/

Br sure to scroll far enough down the page to see how to wrap it.

Nancy
          Nancy

Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Comment

JJ, if he wants to break up then now is the time to do it rather than two or three years and a couple of babies from now. Buying a house together is hard on happily married folks and would be hard on those not committed even more , Hard advice but hopefully good advice.

Comment

Stationary mom and JJ, hope things turn for the better for you. JJ, I have to agree with Claire, if he is that certain, it's better to do it now before there are more complications. I can tell you the pain of a divorce is never easy, and it happening later with kids, would be even harder.

Comment

Working...
              X