Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday, the last one in June!!

WOW! It will soon be the end of June.

Yesterday at work it was CRAZY!! 2 days worth of mail. I did not get to finish delivering all of the mail. It was just nuts ALL DAY!! Really hard when you have no idea of where stuff is and each piece of mail without a box # had to be looked up. I really hope today will be at a little slower pace.

My brother traveled to Toronto yesterday and is on a Row by Row mission. Too funny. I think he has picked out the one he wants me to make for him. What a brother, EH!! And he is picking up kits not just the free pattern. Anyone here near Leamington, Ontario? He really likes that row but it is too far away to get. Gotta love him. Today is my younger brother's birthday.

And so another day has begun, still a little humid and the skies currently look clear.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Tuesday, the last one in June!!

Good Morning, Monique and everyone to follow. The meme above is sort of how I've been living my life the past six months. Trying to keep ahead of the thread running out! In my case, it's generally the bobbin, hahaha.

Eli is now 6 weeks old and all are doing well. Mom (Billie) had a visit with her MS doctor last Friday - more MRI's ordered and lab work scheduled to see how far it has progressed. Naturally, she has good days and bad days. She is a wonderful Mommy and Middle Son Josh is a ditto in the Daddy department. Of course, this Nana is still over the moon. As I said last week, Eli smiles and is cooing already when he is being sung to. And his little hands never ever stay still for long. Those fingers are just a moving, perpetual motion. He will either be a conductor for a philharmonic or a very creative artist. Perhaps both. I could write volumes on how Eli responds to each person in his periphery but I won't. I am quite disgustingly and unashamedly biased.

I must work this morning - for some reason several of my clients are wanting chemical services and I can't squeeze them all in my usual 3 day week. I blame it on summer humidity. Nothing brings the wimpy-ness out of hair like summer. Lately, I've been pulling my hair back into one of those clips and saying, hey, I am still young enough to pull this style off. Well, not really, but I can pretend.

Later today the kids are going down to Mom's to bring Eli for his first visit to his great grandmothers. Mom sees him all the time - she is so cute with him - Josh decided that I need help in the weeding department down there. I have been getting bit or stung by the tiny vampires of summer - even through my gloves - and have started getting little reactions like rash and swelling - benedryll has become a staple on my person.

OH! and I need to tell y'all, the bears are back. Not that they ever went anywhere far. Many of you live in areas that see your backyard visitors on a regular basis. We must have a small family of them because the evidence they leave behind in my back forty (skat). My early morning dawn forays to walk around the back have stopped. I stay on my porch and make Max our sheltie stay within the rickety picket fence. I won't go out to the back garden without my man. From my side porch I can observe all the other smaller critters who enjoy frollicking in the garden. Little Peter Rabbit, Gertie the ground hog, Frieda the Fox and her small crew - I love watching those fox cubs frollicking and tumbling with each other. So cute.

Off to get ready for work. Big hugs, smiles and blessings to my dear ones here.

Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Good Morning Monique. Yesterday promised to be a bit hectic at work and it definitely lived up to it's promise. Today looks to be quieter and I hope that promise is kept. No sun here this morning. We had a bunch of rain overnight and my lawn and gardens are happy with that.

Monique, love that your brother is on a Row by Row mission. I will be asking my son in GA to go to the quilt shop I visited when we were there a few months ago and pick up their row and I might see if I see any rows in CA that I like and have my son/dil go there for me. I'll be heading to a couple of the lqs here in the next few weeks to check their's out.

And hi there Blondie! So good to see you pop in. And look at that precious grandson of yours. Thanks for sharing pictures of him. What a cutie. I can tell you are over the moon in love with him for sure.

Enjoy your day everyone.
      Last edited by Ginny B; June 28, 2016, 05:19 AM.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Good morning
        Nice to see your smiling face, Blondie
        Monique - that's pretty cool that your brother wants you to make a row by row for him! I really like the ones around here this year, but I have to be realistic with my time at the moment.
        We switched some furniture around last night, oldest DD is moving back in for the summer (I wouldn't mind if it turns out to be a bit longer )... she really does brighten up the day, and there is always much laughter at the dinner table with her around (we have turned heads in restaurants more than once...).
        Long story short, we moved the big dresser from my sewing room into her room, and brought one of the Ikea cubbies up from DD #2's room into my sewing room. I had wanted to do this before, but those cubbies are HEAVY!!! So, we finally got it done and I'm pleased - now I have to re-sort everything in my sewing room... stuff ALL OVER THE PLACE
        I hope everyone has a great day - y'all know what I'll be doing... hugs.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

It's already hot and humid and we have a new crop of millipedes on the front porch. Yesterday I scrubbed the porch and put down a new layer of Sevin Dust. I'm supposed to go out for lunch with a friend but it may not happen until Thursday, depending on her work schedule.

Beware of the bears, Blondie. We have them and for that reason I never let Dottie or Olive alone for one second outdoors. Little Eli is such a doll. I see why you're so in love with him. I hope Billie gets a good report from her MRI.

I'm off to send Jeff off to work. Wishing everyone a wonderful day.....
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Blondie your little grandson is adorable, so nice to begin my M* forum review with him smiling back at me. Sorry work is taking you away from him today but you'll have loads of snuggle time over the upcoming long weekend. OH, that reminds me I better check with DS#3 as he said him and the kids may be here for the weekend. If so I better stock the fridge and pantry as we're pretty low.

Row by Row seems quite popular this year. A friend designed a great one for her LQS - Liberty is the theme. row by row.jpg
            Last edited by MayinJerset; June 28, 2016, 06:18 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Monique;887445]WOW! It will soon be the end of June.

Yesterday at work it was CRAZY!! 2 days worth of mail. I did not get to finish delivering all of the mail. It was just nuts ALL DAY!! Really hard when you have no idea of where stuff is and each piece of mail without a box # had to be looked up. I really hope today will be at a little slower pace.

My brother traveled to Toronto yesterday and is on a Row by Row mission. Too funny. I think he has picked out the one he wants me to make for him. What a brother, EH!! And he is picking up kits not just the free pattern. Anyone here near Leamington, Ontario? He really likes that row but it is too far away to get. Gotta love him. Today is my younger brother's birthday.

And so another day has begun, still a little humid and the skies currently look clear.

Have a wonderful day everyone.[/QUOTE
              not doing row but ilive very near leamington go at least once a week was just there today
              do i just pick up a free pattern?
              send me a pm with your snail mail
              Gale

Comment

[QUOTE=grma33;887570]
                Originally posted by Monique View Post
                WOW! It will soon be the end of June.

Have a wonderful day everyone.[/QUOTE
                not doing row but ilive very near leamington go at least once a week was just there today
                do i just pick up a free pattern?
                send me a pm with your snail mail
                Gale
                Heck yes, message sent.
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Hi Everyone --- this is almost a "night owl" message instead of an early morning....I'll return to my normal time tomorrow.

Just wanted to let you know that I have already picked up 3 of the ONTARIO Row By Row. If anyone wants me to send them either electronically or by snail mail, let me know in a PM. I have the following patterns:

Taylors Sewing - Brockville, ON
                  Heartworks - Hawkesbury, ON
                  The Fabric Box - Hawkesbury, ON
                  Peggiep
                  "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Working...
                  X