Wednesday again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday again

Good sunny morning friends. Yesterday was so much cooler than the weekend was. I did cut a little grass yesterday. I didn't do much of anything. I joined a holiday block swap here and was working on that. Check out the groups section. I have a little more cutting to do so I will have all the pieces. We are making the Prairie Flower Block.

I have seen some members return after being away for a while. Nice to see you back here.

Laundry already in the machine. I do work tomorrow so it will be a quilting day when my p.o. work gets done.

So aside from that not much going on today.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Re: Wednesday again

Yippee - we had a little rain shower this morning that, although it didn't last longer than an hour, it did seem to perk up the lawn!.

Sadly, my father-in-law passed away peacefully yesterday, and although we knew it was coming, it didn't make it any easier. He was 94+ and had been declining since Christmas. He was a wonderful husband, father, father-in-law, grandfather and great-grandfather and such a gentle man. He will be missed by all who knew him, but he had a wonderful life and now is in a much better place.

I hope everyone enjoys their day and get to do something enjoyable.
    Peggiep
    "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Sorry to hear about your father in law. Even expected passings are difficult for those left behind. The one silver lining is it didn't happen next month when you will be on the other side of the world.

Comment

Hi Peggie-so sorry to hear about the loss of your father in law. It sounds like he was a wonderful man and he will be missed.

Today will be a work day for me but those are coming to an end very soon. The census is a temporary job and the follow up will be finishing soon and then I will go back to ??normal?? whatever that is. Of course it won't be exactly normal when you have your house for sale. With the house for sale you live in an uncommonly sterile environment with everything neat and tidy at all times and no personal items in view. Now that in my books is not normal. I think that today will be a shorter work day depending on how many people I can find at home. It is a beautiful day and it will definitely be nice to be outside.

Last night was our last Guild night before our summer break. I ended up volunteering to help another lady with the program coordination for the next year. Oh gee, what have I gotten myself into. Does anyone have any great ideas that they have used for a program with their guilds?

Hope everyone has a good day and for the sake of our dear Blondie- please, whatever you do today, SMILE.
        Grandma Nan

sigpic

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Comment

Originally posted by Bouse View Post
          Sorry to hear about your father in law. Even expected passings are difficult for those left behind. The one silver lining is it didn't happen next month when you will be on the other side of the world.
          Thanks Bouse....yes, it was definitely a concern about the whole family being away while he was showing definite signs of decline. In many respects, it is a blessing.
          Peggiep
          "I don't need to get organized, I just need a bigger sewing room." :)

Comment

Good morning. Another sunny one here.

Peggie, sorry to hear about your f-i-l.

Sewing room organization number 3 will be finished today, otherwise, I will never get back to sewing. Have to have a sweetpea pod finished for Friday morning. Really need to make a bag for DH. May even finish the first purse that I started a few weeks back. Originally, put the patten together upside down. Ripped it out and it has been sitting since.

Before that though, I'm off to Costco and then the gym.

Have a great day everyone

Comment

Sad news for Peggie, he was loved by many who will cherish his memories.

Middle of the week and looks good so far as the sun is shinning and birds are singing. AC service man expected between 8am - Noon so we needed to get ourselves presentable in case he knocks on our door at 8. Need a hair cut and forgot to make an appointment so I hope the stylist can squeeze me in this afternoon, meeting the gals for lunch tomorrow and want to look good.

Awaiting news from DGD Mary in CA about her new son's name and also how big, etc. On Father's Day when were having dinner DS#1 (baby's grandfather) informed the family of the baby's arrival but he had no other info other than Mom and Baby were doing good. We would have had more news about the baby if DS#1's wife was still with us but unfortunately she passed away a few years ago. Men don't seem to be concerned about how long labor was and how much the baby weighed, only that everything is OK.

Yesterday I finished the top of the baby's quilt and hope to sandwich it and begin quilting later this afternoon. My camera died so I won't be able to take a photo, will ask DH to take one with his camera. He also needs to take some of the wooden train sets he made for the great grands - one set to each family.
              Last edited by MayinJerset; June 22, 2016, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Morning all just returned from walking my dog, have to be out the door no later than 6 am here it's not even 8 am here and is already up to 80. Been so hot , it's desert country here. Just checking in and then going to get weeds and dead stuff into garbage bags.
                Peggie I am so sorry for your loss, doesn't matter expected, when we love someone it's hard on our hearts when we lose them.
                Hope all have a wonderful peaceful day. Cecelia

Comment

Supposed to be 98 here today so am hoping to get my morning chores done so I can sew in my cold basement all afternoon!! My husband had hip replacement a little over a week ago so I've been his "nurse" ever since. Let me say, I love the man but I'm only a good nurse for about a week! He has previously had a knee replaced and the other hip so I knew what was coming! The other knee will also have to be replaced within a year and then he will be bionic!! Too many years as a large animal vet!! Then my dad has to have a major artery replaced in the back of his leg next week. Always a worry when he is 86! He lives 2 hours south of me so I'll be switching up my nursing skills!
                  Peggie, I'm sorry to hear about your father-in-law. It's always difficult to lose a family member no matter what the circumstances are.
                  Happy sewing to all - and stay cool!
                  Brenda. :icon_wave:

Comment

Peggie, so sorry to hear of your familie's loss...but 94+ sure is a great age to aspire to! Glad he went when you could all be there for him.

Nothing new here. Work is slow and I"m bored...which makes for such a very long day. Tonight Liam and I both go to the dentist for our 6 month cleanings, and then tomorrow night is Liam's grade 8 graduation! It's going to be a tough one for me as his dad will be there and I haven't seen him or been in the same room with him since December. I still have days where I miss him terribly so I know this is going to be difficult for me....but I'm ****ed if I will let him see it.

Then the weekend will be spent getting Liam ready for his trip to Ottawa! He will be gone for 3 days and I will be so lost without him! I wonder how much stuff he will lose?? That kid never goes anywhere without forgetting something! I know it will be a fantastic and memorable trip for him thought so I'm happy for him.

sending love and hugs to everyone!! xox

Comment

Have a told you lately how much I hate hot weather?

Peggy, I'm so happy to hear your father-in-law lived a long and happy life. He was a lucky guy. I know you'll miss him. My condolences to you and your family.
                      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Peggy, so sorry for your family's loss...it sounds like he was a good man...
                        Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Peggie - Sorry for your family's loss, but glad you have some great memories of FIL. Sounds like he was an awesome person.

Wendy - Hang in there. You can be strong, and will persevere

Brenda - Just remember a good nurse needs to take care of herself first. I sometime pray that when I need to be the nurse, that I can handle it in a professional manner.

Not much going on with me. Another semi-bored day at work. (that's why I am on the forum). Started a king size quilt for DS this weekend. Have 4 rows done. Feeling good about that since I have never done a king-size quilt before. Can't wait to finish it so I can share, but believe me, that will be a while. About to go pick up my free Row by Row pattern at the LQS. I've never done this before, but some of the patterns have piqued my interest this year. Hope everyone has a great day.

Comment

Peggie, so sorry about your loss. He sounds like a wonderful man who will be dearly missed.

Wendy, my son just returned from a hiking trip to Colorado. His sunscreen was confiscated by the rogue TSA we have here in the States so he spent the week without any and came home with huge blisters on his shoulders and back. The sun was so hot, he got the blisters through his shirt! Other than that, he didn't lose anything.

We are busy running with summer basketball. Two games a day and both days on the weekend. I am squeezing in some stitches when I can. Our weather is hot, but we haven't had the humidity that Atlanta is known for, yet. We have a bumper crop of blueberries, so I'll be making a pie and canning some syrup before heading out to tonight's games.

Hope everyone has a great day.
                            Cindy

Comment

Working...
                            X