X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toggpine
    replied
    Re: Hoot if you're a Night Owl

I'm staying with him tonight. He is/was having weird dreams from the drugs. He said when he woke up and he saw us here he knew it was just a dream and he wasn't dead. He was kind of afraid to be alone.
    He is still trying to sort stuff out, and needs things explained. I'm catching sleep during programs that entertain him on the TV.
    I caught a few hours and will try for a few more.

Leave a comment:

• Neller
    replied

Cathy I am so glad your dad is doing better. I'm also glad you are near enough to be with him but also able to get home for a break when you need to.

Pat, your trip sounds like it'should going to be great! San Francisco is one of my favorite cities but I haven't been there for 23 years. It was the first city I ever visited where I wasn't traveling with someone or meeting someone there. I went for work training but when I was through with that I explored the city and had a great time.

I sorted some of my fabric today and cut up a bunch of scraps to add to my stash of 2" squares. One of these days I'm going great to make a great big quilt of them all.

Leave a comment:

• stationarymom
    replied

Cathy I hope the Dr's find out what's going on soon and that your Dad will be fine.I will keep all of you in my prayers.My Mom died from cancer and got to the point where she didn't want to go through anymore treatments. She told me she wanted to commit suicide,so I told her she could not do that and that it would haunt my poor father forever.I told her if she didn't want to fight anymore I would back her up and she needed to tell my father,she didn't think she could tell him though and it would be easier to kill herself.I did talk her into telling him and he also stood behind her decision.Hang in there and remember you can always come here for support.

Leave a comment:

• toggpine
    replied

We are in WA. St. Francis is in Federal Way, so about an hour from my place (with light traffic) and about 20 minutes from Mom's.
    He starts to browse off and kind of forgets to breathe deeply enough to keep the sensors happy.

Leave a comment:

• mischiefkat
    replied

Cathy,
    Glad things are better. Will pray for his continuing improvement. Kathy

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

I need a big fat like button for that news!!!!

like.png

Leave a comment:

• MayinJerset
    replied

Cathy, So glad you stopped by to let us know things have improved a bit, continued prayers that he keeps on improving.

Pat, We made the CA trip a few times. Then DS#3 moved to CA between LA and San Diego we explored CA a bit more. CA is so big you have so many places to go and enjoy a different type of climate and life style.
    Last edited by MayinJerset; June 21, 2016, 03:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• toggpine
    replied

Things are going well. They had him doing self directed breathing on the ventilator when we arrived. We talked to the doctors and went ahead with removing it.
    He is holding steady and they have stopped his heart medication. He is talking to us. Some of his first words were "I wanna live." Good start.
    I thank you for your prayers and support.
    I am glad we didn't have a harder decision today. He's still not out of the woods, but this is the first step in the right direction.

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

We are planning on flying to San Diego, stop at a few spots to shop and eat and drive north to San Francisco, San Jose, or Oakland and fly home from there. We'll take about a week to do it and I think we will have fun! I told him I wanted to go to a certain restaurant for my birthday....closest one is in Napa! He had it all plotted out this morning for a week long trip for that! I told him I'd rather do it for his birthday in September (he is turning 60!) since the girls want to take him to Southern California on a daytrip anyway. We can fly into Santa Rosa for mine, have dinner, do wineries then next day then fly home. Should be fun!

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    replied

Originally posted by Neller View Post

Cathy, I am so sorry for the painful decisions you are having to make. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Are you in Washington, or does your mom live elsewhere?
    I'm guessing she is back at the hospital today. She lives about 30 minutes from me, over the Narrows Bridge.

Cathy, my dad was always healthy as a horse. Every birthday he would tell me, this is the last birthday I'm going to have. That went on for about 15 years before he was finally right! I had been out to dinner with him one week and the next, he had died. I knew he was not feeling well when I called him and he said he wanted to go to the emergency room. I was unable to get him there myself and had to call the medics to transport him. This was about 1600hrs and by 0200hrs the next morning, he was gone.

They airlifted him from St. Clare, in Lakewood, up to Harborview. He would have killed my sister and me for that alone! When we were finally taken in to see him at Harborview, he looked entirely different from how he looked at St. Clare. They had also hooked him up to a ventilator, which was something he told us that he would never, ever want. We were given the choice of leaving him on it for a week to see if he would recover, or to take off the life support. It was one of the worse decisions my sister and I ever had to make and I hope never to have to do something like that again. We both know it's what he would have wanted, but that does not make it easier.

If your dad is still able to help you and your mom make the decisions, by all means let him! It's hard, but you will get thru it.

Leave a comment:

• Neller
    replied

We are finally home after a great trip. We went traveled through idaho, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, and Nebraska. It was a great trip but it is good to be home.

Cathy, I am so sorry for the painful decisions you are having to make. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Are you in Washington, or does your mom live elsewhere?

Leave a comment:

• pcbatiks
    replied

Cathy, so sorry to hear what you'll are facing right now with your dad. Hugs and prayers to you.

Leave a comment:

• mischiefkat
    replied

Cathy, prayers for you &your family. Kathy

Leave a comment:

• MayinJerset
    replied

Hey Pat did you send that thunder out this way? We got a big boom and the air coming in the windows got cold and moist - guess we're in for some rain. Really feel like sewing but that's not a good idea as middle of the night sewing usually means lots of seam ripping in the morning. Would like to finish the quilt for newest great grandson born last week but I think it's best wait for daylight and have at least one cup of coffee first. So I'm just snuggling in my tree hole and waiting out the storm.

Cathy, Pray that you can help your Mom decide what to do,

Leave a comment:

• toggpine
    replied

Take some photos so you have proof that quilting doesn't mean you can't keep a fancy house!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X