6 months past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 months past

It was 6 months this last week since my youngest son died. His workmates have bought a bench in his memory and it stands in the smoking shed, where he and his workmates used to gather for as he put it 'a fag and a chat'. Those workmates, his brother and son were the ones who carried his coffin into the chapel for his cremation.

Time passes, it does get easier but we as a family still find it so difficult to accept that he is no longer with us.Nicks bench.jpg
    ================================================== ==============

Re: 6 months past

I'm so sorry for your loss! What a nice gesture by your son's coworkers. He will always be remembered by those who loved him.

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss, it must be so hard for you. It is something that as parents we dont expect to have to bury our kids. looks like you have a beautiful reminder of him and nice that his friends did that for him (and you). GB and prayers

Comment

So sorry for the loss of your son. What a nice gesture of his co-workers.

Comment

What a wonderful tribute to your son from his co-workers. They will think of him every time they take a smoke break. Grief is such hard work, and your dear son will always be missed, but I'm so glad you can share this with us. Hugs to you and your family from across the ocean.

Comment

I, too, am so very sorry for your loss. Your son's workmates have truly honored him with that bench. It is a beautiful tribute that I know means a lot to you. May you find solace and peace in his memories. I know it isn't easy.
            Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Comment

I am sorry for your loss. What a wonderful tribute to your son - hugs to you.
              Cindy

Comment

Thinking of you today, Csarina...

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss...it cannot be easy to lose a child...his coworkers have shown how he meant to them..
                  Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

My prayers are still with you Csarina. What a nice gesture on their part - he is there with them as they have their "fag and a chat."

Comment

So sorry for your loss of your son. May the knowledge and presence of his close friends comfort you.

Comment

What a wonderful gesture from your son's workmates.They obviously really cared for him .
                        :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

What a wonderful tribute. I can not imagine what you are going through. Remember the good times.
                          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

What a beautiful bench they placed in his memory. It surely shows they will always remember him. Hugs for you and your family, I cannot imagine losing a child.
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                            http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                            http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

What a lovely way to remember their friend and workmate. It speaks well of your son, his friends, and how well you raised him. Hugs to you, quilty friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X