• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    bubba

• bubba
    replied
    Re: I can see!!!

I learned yesterday that only about one female in two hundred is color blind......crazy.

Leave a comment:

• Vonnie

• Vonnie
    replied

Grands to the rescue!

My oldest brother did not know he was partially color blind until he joined the army. He could not tell brown from green. Luckily traffic lights are also red and yellow so the other color meant "GO"!

Since color blindness runs in my family we had our kids tested at a young age - thankfully they can see all the colors. Although I tell my DH that he is color insensitive!

Leave a comment:

• WendyI

• WendyI
    replied

She's so lucky to have a grandma who would do this for her. She's so sweet!!

Leave a comment:

• judimccl

• judimccl
    replied

I am so glad to read that you took her in and had her vision checked. You have opened up a whole new world to her that she can "see!"

Leave a comment:

• Maureenh

• Maureenh
    replied

I had twins in my class. The nurse did an eye check and found one needed glasses. Mum took both to the optician who found the other twin's eyesight to be worse. They were amazed and excited at seeing their first aeroplane in the sky . None of use know what another sees and children need watching to even how they hold their head when reading.
    Glad you solved the problem.

Leave a comment:

• bubba

• bubba
    replied

Alex (9 year old grandgirl) and Ashtyn (10 year old grandboy) were together today. Later, I asked Ashtyn what he thought of Alex's glasses. He said they were nice. I asked him if he had tried them on and he looked at me shyly and said that yes, he had. He then said he could see perfectly thru them and didn't know what she needed glasses for. Now I think he might too!

Alex's mom today told me as they walked out of the eyeglass place that Alex was also walking slow. Then she started singing at the top of her lungs 'I can see clearly now the rain is gone!!'. That kid cracks me up at times.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarGramma

• GuitarGramma
    replied

My husband had a similar reaction to glasses when he got them at age 13. He and his mom left the eye doctor, walking towards the car, and she eventually said, "Son, why are you dawdling?" He said, "Mom, I can read the signs."

His mom felt so bad that she hadn't known he needed glasses so badly. She felt awful.

The funny thing is, his batting average took a nose dive and never recovered. Apparently, the baseball coming towards him always looked like a giant fuzz ball, and he would just aim in the middle. His glasses ruined his baseball dreams.

Leave a comment:

• ceiliam

• ceiliam
    replied

Good job grandma, how lucky she is to have you.
    Thanks for the information explains why I used to get so carsick.

Leave a comment:

• songbird857

• songbird857
    replied

LIKE!!
    Good catch :-)

Leave a comment:

• SallyO'Sews

• SallyO'Sews
    replied

What a cutie! Well done, Grandmother.

Leave a comment:

• Pandabear

• Pandabear
    replied

First off, grandbaby is a cutie!!! She's adorable in her new glasses.

My son is colorblind, if you need any pointers. He's 17 and also can not 'see' red/green. Actually all dark colors are just shades of gray to him.

Really though, the kids adjust very well doing what they need to do.

Fun fact! When you're a young boy who is colorblind (we found out when he was 4) and go to school you learn very quickly to ask the girls which colors are which because your guys friends lie.

Leave a comment:

• MRoy

• MRoy
    replied

She's a cutie in her new glasses! Way to go Grandma!

Leave a comment:

• Patsquilting

• Patsquilting
    replied

Good Job - Grandma!!

Leave a comment:

• peggiep

• peggiep
    replied

Your granddaughter looks lovely in the glasses. So glad that she has a caring grandmother in her life! Good for you for stepping in, some grandparents would be afraid it was interfering.

Leave a comment:

• bhaggerty

• bhaggerty
    replied

So glad you were able to help her out!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X